It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

self-healing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In my previous posts I have asked about 'healing the self' several times and gotten many replies from ATS members on the board and on u2u.
I have tried so many different techniques but never had success, not with healing myself and not with healing others.

Last week I came across a book called 'quantum healing' (it's in dutch). It explains a very simple healing technique, using several other techniques I am already familiar with. Basically the writer states that it is not the healer that heals a physical body, but simply the body that heals itsself. All the healer does is help the body to vibrate on a higher frequency. Then he describes the techniques on how to reach this vibration, how to 'connect' to the other body and how to guide it into this higher vibration, or how to guide your own body. (it's a thick book, I'm keeping this short but there is a lot more in it).
The writer also states that you don't need to know anything about human anatomy because our bodies know perfectly well where everything is and what parts need healing,...

ok, so I started experimenting with this every day since I read the book. I was perfectly healthy, except for the occasional migraine (which is why I wanted to learn healing in the first place).
Working with this technique felt really good, almost like deep meditation, it was relaxing and I really felt 'energized' after a session. I felt different, although this could be my imagination...

But then...the downside??
in the last two days I have passed 3 kidney stones already! And there still is one stuck.

Is this one hell of a coincidense or does this technique really work? Are our bodies really capable of healing themselfs?(on demand)
I don't think I'll be trying this for a while again... although some think this is exactly the right time to go through with what I was doing.
If I did this to myself I wonder what this could do to others when you start to work on them. (the stones had to come out one time, they where there already, I just have a hard time believing that self-healing made them come out)

The question I wanted to ask is, is anyone familiar with this 'quantum healing'
and/or had good results with it?

edit on 8/9/2010 by GypsK because: of course I meant to say, are our bodies able to heal themselfs on our comand... I am aware of the fact that our bodies are self healing to a certain degree

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Bodies do heal themselves. Just cut a wound on your finger and see what happens after you get the blood stream to stop

Healing by will is another thing though. Might not be possible.

-v

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

lol, of course... I edited my op

what I meant was, can we be self healing on demand or by will, can we speed up the natural healing process... or go beyond what the body can do on itsself, etc... you get the picture

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I know what you meant, just had to make the remark
. Hence the last phrase in my initial post. While I really don't think so, I have to admit that in the end I do not know.

But if I keep excercising enough, I don't have pain in my SI-joint. Exercising is will-dependent action (I know this is not what you meant either).

Some times I've had some minor success with concentrating my attention on painful areas, and kinda adapted to the pain. I think it may have something to do with getting used to the pain by focusing on it. Dunno.

-v

edit on 8-9-2010 by v01i0 because: most typoes edited

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Masaru Emoto claims the intention can change the frozen structure of water, indicating that some sort of energy can be overlaid or its resonate frequency can be changed. Also a lot of the new age followers believe that a lot of illnesses are cause by the body being out of spiritual alignment and can be fixed with acupuncture, meditation etc.

So can you self heal, why not, if the illness is caused by the spiritual/energy misalignment any means of realignment should work.

Is this happing on the quantum or spiritual level, I doubt you will get a clear response but I hear of a lot of people who mentally decide to get well, physically get well.

That said conventional medicine tells us that stressed individuals get ill more, as do unfocused people when compared to focused people. (as a rule of thumb)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Cool, Its not a coincedence at all!
The body mind and spirit are very much connected, and it is entirely possible with an open mind.
Keep up the good work

Focus, Relax, Focus

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding new age y im gona say the higher vibrational frequencies lend themselves to healing very well. And it happens every day.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why not work with a full deck?

Betaine Hydrochloride is a good place to start your body on the path to repairing itself. By taking this, your body gets all that it needs from what you ingest. Adding the psychological aspect would likely be amplified by a body with the proper tools.

I have been searching for a double whammy effect for the Betaine Hydrochloride, for a while now. Eating raw garlic while taking antibiotics gives much more power to the antibiotics, it seems.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Reiki has helped me heal two major chronic pains in my body from old sports injuries. It is very similar to what you described quantum healing as. It is based on the belief the human body is capable of healing itself, and if we can reduce stress and be a conduit for reiki, our bodies will heal themselves. It is also non invasive and can never cause any harm. Maybe it would suit you better that quantum healing considering your results. Feel free to u2u me for more info.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Some times I've had some minor success with concentrating my attention on painful areas, and kinda adapted to the pain. I think it may have something to do with getting used to the pain by focusing on it. Dunno.

Hypnosis can be used to remove pain and has been used during medical operations. People also use self hypnosis for pain management. There is nothing esoteric about this.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RNDphase

I see, and also placebo medicine work on quite few cases. Nothing esoteric either, just psychology. But when the illness is of psychical nature, I do not think that hypnosis nor placebo will work. Then it'll be time for surgery, real medicine, herbs or whatever that is psychical.

-v

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I know of one person who developed Crohn's disease during a while working in a stressful job role, when he changed jobs after three years to a less stressful job, the Crohns vanished. Crohns is an physical auto-immune disease that can be affected by the mental state.

There are also cases where people with nerve damage from automobile accidents that shouldn't have repaired, but have due to very positive mental states of getting well.

OK, I've not heard of people growing new limbs or organs by will power, but there is a mind body relationship with many illnesses.

My reference to hypnosis was directed towards pain management. Interesting that you mentioned the placebo effect, for a drug or treatment to not be a placebo more than 30% of the test group have to have a positive reaction. Hypnosis for pain control has a 85% long term success rate (when conducted by profession hypnotists) this is a higher rate than most main stream pain control drugs but without side effects.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hey gypsK isnt that what i told you before?

I even got my first applause for my former contribution in your thread...
havent you make advances after getting into it?
Well i started a thread series called "Your spritual revolution" that also deals with this issue... Just click at the roman numbers at my signature...

Or if you have other questions feel free to write me an u2u...

I am not familar with this book but i am sure it describes at its core the same i told you in the last thread...

is it available in the net? free? or else can you give us exeptions out of it?

Surely the healer just resonates the own body frequences, but wasnt that what ive told you before?

Peace love and light
let u guide by higher i

jim

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I believe in self healing... I'm sure there's more than one way too...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

I was trying to find that thread back before but couldn't find it anymore.
Yes, it's probably a lot like what other people have told me already and I tried most of it.
(Now that I have the link I'll make sure to read it all again )

Maybe it's because this book is written in my own language and the techniques are so easy explained, step by step, that it "clicked" so to speak. I've been trying to do this for a long time but somehow it never worked for me, the different techniques didn't do anything no matter how hard I wanted it to work.
In this book the writer starts by saying that even if you don't believe in it, it will give results, so I figured 'fine, it probably won't do anything, but let's give it a go'. Then I started to find the exercises pleasant and relaxing so I just kept doing them.

The book is translated from English, the original title is "Quantum Touch, the power to heal" by Richard Gordon. Published by North atlantic books, Berkeley, California.

edit on 8/9/2010 by GypsK because: typo's

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Thanks,
let me start by checking out your 'what is Reiki' thread

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RNDphase

Yup, you got it, hypnosis is the answer. I've been beating the drum for Milton Erickson on ATS for a while but people are not really interested. Hypnosis is a very elegant and simple way to explain most mental phenomena (reiki, spiritual healing, lucid dreaming, astral travel ect).

It's very close to deep meditation and there is much scientific documented evidence that it works and it is NOT the result of a placebo effect. Interestingly hypnosis has been described as the placebo effect on steroids.

www.viddler.com... this is a video about a man with AIDS, the guy in the video explains how his T-cell count doubled after hypnotic suggestion which apparently is a very good thing after he visualized his body getting better. It's a good video, the guy says on a scale of 1-10 his pain is an 8 or 9 and after hypnosis he says its a 1 or 2 and is delighted to have the opportunity to carry on his hypnotic conditioning at home, and as many on this site are aware, there is a mind/body connection that we have only just begun to research.

The true state of hypnosis which includes extended periods of amnesia is next to impossible to achieve without someone else helping, but once post-hypnotic commands are programmed its possible just to click your fingers and the divide between consciousness and subconsciousness is removed.

Peace out now and forever

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I think you're describing a healing crisis, the body must 'flush' out the bad in this case the kidney stones in order for healing to work over the long term. Google the phrase, its like the expression you have to get worse before you get better. That does not help with passing the stones though

It might be best to look at this from the medium to long term, great going and I hope you are successful.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A few points -

The universe, God, whatever, wants to help us. We do not have to heal ourselves, we can just relax, feel the waves of caring, healing and joy wash through us, and this will contribute to our healing. It might take some practice to feel this love, specially if you have been lonely, depressed or put down for too long and can't believe you are lovable.

For some to open up to this we must relax, let it go, and feel free to dive deep into our misery for a while, and cry and cry and cry. Tears wash away the barriers and then we can start to see/feel in a new way.

Once we've learned to open ourselves up we can serve as conduits to help the universe heal others.

Ego has to be left at the door for this to work. All we are doing is opening a conduit. What the universe chooses to do with that conduit is not our concern. It's our job to just relax, accept, and experience the joy of connection. The Hindu take on this is that you become a hollow flute for the Lord Krishna to play. When you act as a conduit for the healing of others, inevitably you will also receive healing.

As a Christian, you might prefer to visualise the presence of Christ, feel him there beside you, and ask him to be inside you and act for you. "Handing over" like this can be an effective way to handle treating someone who you have a problem with.

When it comes to great pain, like kidney stones, you need to let go of your fear of pain, relax, and think your way into the centre of it. When you get into the centre of your pain you can find a quiet place there, like being in the eye of a hurricane, and the pain becomes bearable.

One indication that unusual healing has taken place is the healed person will need to sleep, and will stay asleep much longer than usual. I've had patients sleep 36 hours after treatment, and wake up not realising they'd slept through a whole day.

Please understand I am not advocating any of this as a substitute for medical treatment. As they say, "if the symptoms persist, see a doctor". However, (as a clinical masseuse/nutritionist,) I've been in the interesting position of having patients referred who the doctors had given up on, and the results for some have been quite unexpected.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have tried this technique once in a while, and it does work but not so good on physical things like if you cut yourself it will heal a little faster then normal....But ultimately the mind and body are one and know what to do...all this does is make things more harmonious...sort of living in more harmony is better for the body and mind then dissharmony...basically eat better drink better, and think better, and the body will heal better. "Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase, It means no worries for the rest of your days" its sort of like that...... if you burden you mind to much the body will show it. Its hard to do in todays stressful society, but it helps. Why so serious?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join