It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama IS the 2012 disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by XyZeR

my very dear friend I am certainly not deluded about the horror and reality of martial law.

My only thought, upon taking all of this in is that I wish Alex Jones would read this thread. I think that he might actually feel guilty and tone down his rhetoric if he could see the real world effect that his nonsense tends to have upon the impressionable.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I just don't understand how so many people can ignore the very real threat of martial law in this country. didn't we all see citizens disarmed by the military in New Orleans, the supension and later abolishment of Posse Comitatis? it is a slow but sure process as our rights are quietly taken away and more and more executive orders are ready for implementation to ensure crushing government power.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I don't see large scale martial law as a threat. Has it ever been used for any area as large as say Rhode Island? What's the longest it has ever been applied to an area? I am wondering because I don't think it ever has.

Is the application of martial law to a small area possible? I suppose. To the US as a whole. Nope.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

reply to post by XyZeR

my very dear friend I am certainly not deluded about the horror and reality of martial law.

My only thought, upon taking all of this in is that I wish Alex Jones would read this thread. I think that he might actually feel guilty and tone down his rhetoric if he could see the real world effect that his nonsense tends to have upon the impressionable.

You think that Alex Jones has a conscience?

And you say that OP's ideas are crazy!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Is Obama the kind of maniac that would establish martial law to retain power?

He's not bright enough. He wouldn't know how to. However, if those around him who are using him as a puppet wanted to - they could keep him in power and keep pulling his strings.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
1-Anti Star
1-Anti Flag

1-Pro Turd

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

is it the job of the president to weild power or destract from it?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

thanks for keeping an open mind, if you read my posts you would have seen that this thread is only meant to see peoples ideas on a possible connection between Obama and 2012. Since you apparently are of the opinion that the mayans got bored making calenders or ran out of materials( which is the most mundane and least likely senario) you could have simply stated that like an adult instead of responding with"turd" like a 3 year old. please remember that civility is highly prized on ats. thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

There is also a connection between Obama and Ankhenanten as well.

Kind of a scary resemblance if you ask me.

renseradioforum.yuku.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is it really true that he's not bright?

I think what people did not understand is that when he said he was for change he meant that was all you'd end up with in your pockets - just change.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Does anyone else on here remember the fact that the Mayan Calendar just turns over to a new age (and a particularly good one at that) when it "ends?"

As for the OP, I think it is highly egotistical to believe that any prophecy of global change would only specifically apply to the United States and send a political message at that. There are quite a few nations other than yours. American exceptionalism will only get you so far.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

in america Obama was touted as "the world's president" and our media says Obamania started in England, not the U.S.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The Mayans made no predictions concerning the end of the Haab calendar. The numbers roll over. No good. No bad. They stated nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

that's pretty much the same as thinking it's impossible to impose ANY law over the US as a whole. With the recent overturning of posse commitatus, the government can use the military to police US citizens. You need to ask yourself why that was done...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

in america Obama was touted as "the world's president" and our media says Obamania started in England, not the U.S.

As for President Obama being touted as "the world's president" the one thing I think the world would agree upon is that he is a vast improvement over President W. Bush, and we'll give him an honest chance to see how he leads your nation. However we, being the rest of the world, do not get to vote in your elections. He represents you, the Americans, we have our own respective leaders. Besides, every American president is given the title of "The most powerful man on earth" not just Obama.

As for "Obamania" starting in England, can you provide a source for that? It is true we generally approve of the job he is doing leading your nation, but I've got no information showing that his popularity began here and somehow then affected your election.

Here in the UK we have David Cameron as our Prime Minister and Herman Van Rompuy as the President Of The European Council. While we maintain close relations with the United States through the Special Relationship framework, we also are generally committed to the European Union, being a member state. With the advent of the Lisbon Treaty, these ties have substantially strengthened and our continental alliances are now probably just as important as our bilateral relationship with the US.

Indeed, PM Cameron has called for a revision of the Special Relationship in an effort to extract the expected British participation in future US imperialist adventurism after our experiences in Iraq. Several changes will also occur with regards to the EU most likely as the union becomes stronger and more consolidated. Remember, the call for a "United States Of Europe" was first made by Sir Winston Churchill, so the EU is largely our idea as an effort to counterbalance the US supremacy.

Currently with PM Cameron's changes and the more business-like relationship he has formed with President Obama, (as opposed to the weird bro-mance that PM Blair and President W. Bush had) we've come back to our rightful place as America's Best Friend instead of your lapdog.

We're fully separate from you, and it's still quite arrogant to assume that President Obama is somehow a world dictator.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't think so, but I will say that for some reason, I can't even imagine a normal election in 2012. To me, it would be weird if it was still business as usual that far out.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by stereologist

that's pretty much the same as thinking it's impossible to impose ANY law over the US as a whole. With the recent overturning of posse commitatus, the government can use the military to police US citizens. You need to ask yourself why that was done...

In 2008 the Posse Commitatus Act was re-instated back to it's previous 1807 revision in the Insurrection Act.
Reference:
National Defense Authorization Act 2008

You need to ask yourself why you're only listening to half the story and letting your imagination run away with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

One of the things I love about ats is getting a little world prospective fom other countries. During the elections our news media showed groups of people around the world watching the US elections in their home countries avidly rooting for Obama. Our US media after his victory also showed people in other countries wildly celebrating his victory. I read earlier this week right here on ats about Obamania (on a worldwide level anyway) starting in England. I'd have to dig back through all the threads I've posted in this week to see exactly where. It did look staged to me, they portrayed the whole world as watching the US election with all the fervor of the world cup.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Followed your link, there's nothing about posse comitatas there at all, can you cut and paste it, please? Thanks mate. (I always wanted to say that)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

In the 2010 elections there were Black Panthers,in uniform, In philadelphia intimidating and threatening white voters at polling places,so I certainly agree that the 2012 elections won't be business as usual either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join