It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meat = shorter life

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ong Bak
Meh, even if it's true (Which I doubt) I still won't change my diet. Why? Couple reasons: Meat is delicous, for one. 2nd, great source of iron, protein, and energy. Man didn't develop the teeth of an omnivore for no reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
25 year study, or 200,000 years of human evolution (minus the last 10,000 advent of agriculture) I think I'll go with the 190,000 years of human dietary evolution...
edit on 21-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think the trick is limited animal flesh.

I think people who can't live without meat have a generally unhealthy diet as well. Plus mainstream meat is filled with all kinds of bad stuff.

A plant based diet with health and wellness in mind, and very limited clean animal flesh, I believe will not alter your lifespan.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
I promise my diet is a lot healthier than most vegans. Many vegans claim to be eating healthier but eat pesticide laden fruits and veggies and processed foods.

I might eat a lot of meat and dairy but I am very picky about where it comes from. Local farms and ranches and the animals lead happy lives and humane peaceful deaths. You can taste the difference in the meat in whether than animal was stressed out or not at the time of death.

I do not eat processed foods period. All organic and non GMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: GoShredAK
I promise my diet is a lot healthier than most vegans. Many vegans claim to be eating healthier but eat pesticide laden fruits and veggies and processed foods.

I might eat a lot of meat and dairy but I am very picky about where it comes from. Local farms and ranches and the animals lead happy lives and humane peaceful deaths. You can taste the difference in the meat in whether than animal was stressed out or not at the time of death.

I do not eat processed foods period. All organic and non GMO.

Can't argue with that. Avoiding processed and non gmo will go a long way.

Didn't mean to generalize all meat eaters.

I think it just boils down to being health conscious and aware of what we eat and its effects, as you just said basically.

A lot of goodness can be found in vegan foods too, provided they're pesticide, artificials, and gmo free.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Exactly! Individual chemistry is really important but pretty much out of our control. You get what you get.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I only eat meat on special events, at someone else's or in restaurants, which concludes in 2-3 times per month and this is never processed meat or convenience food. I have watched videos about factory farming, how the animals live in there and what's put into them... just meh.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I only eat meat on days ending in -y. But I do eat a lot more vegetables now.

Chicken and turkey are practically vegetables, right?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ong Bak

The whole human skeleton evolved in a way to make us faster hunters. Eating meat provided us the required nutrients for our brains to develop further.

I am talking as a scientist and with sound genetics, anthropology and evolution knowledge.

We will not be the same 500 years from now. Our bodies will evolve and some of our body functions will adapt (if human kind still exists).

Right now it is obvious we cannot maintain our meet eating habits. It takes too many resources and pollutes too much. Our diet will be provided with synthetic food.

I love a nice stake but I cannot forget it's impact.
edit on 27/11/2011 by novrod because: typos and extra information

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join