It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meat = shorter life

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Two, I'd be the first to cut meat (which I LOVE) if it would add 10 years to the middle of my life. But instead it will add 10 years to the end of it when EVERYTHING is sooo much more difficult (such as urinating with or without wearing a Depends), and getting around is such a chore...

I have a problem with this kind of math. You see, I can argue that meat can cause the onset of these unpleasant symptoms you are talking about, 10 years earlier than otherwise possible. So it's stealing quality time from the bulk of your life.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I have a problem with this kind of math. You see, I can argue that meat can cause the onset of these unpleasant symptoms you are talking about, 10 years earlier than otherwise possible. So it's stealing quality time from the bulk of your life.

But of course we are brought back the people like the sardinians and okinawans who eat meat and who have good quality of life until the very end for most of them. Meat isn't the problem, it is the excessive consumption of meat, along with excessive carbs, lack of exercise and general over consumption of calories that are the issues.

People are hard wired to eat certain things. We are designed to seek out high calorie, high fat, high sugar foods. This ancient body is sadly stuck in a time where food is plentiful for many people and so we see certain diseases becoming common. Of course our ancestors would have usually died before heart disease or stroke got them so that's another issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
bottom line though :
meat will reduce your lifespan.
whether its through parasite infestation, disease spread through contamination, disease spread through the innate properties of meat, chocking to death, cancer, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure.....
the list goes on and on.
but eventually it will catch up to you in one form or another.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
bottom line though :
whether its through parasite infestation, disease spread through contamination, disease spread through the innate properties of meat, chocking to death, cancer, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure.....
the list goes on and on.
No it won't. Countless posts in this thread have proven you wrong on that. I don't see why you keep pushing this "Meat is bad for you" nonsense. It's claim backed up by nothing more than pseudoscience.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
bottom line though :
the list goes on and on.

Why do you ignore what people have put up? This stinks of blind ideology, extremism.

Okinawans and sardinians, two of the longest lived populations, who tend to not have the conditions you just listed and die of nothing more than old age disprove your ideas. No matter what you do cells will just get to old even on a vegan diet, so if they are dying of old age (they are) then it suggests their diet is perfectly healthy. It's odd how some people have tried to meet you in the middle and you refuse despite the evidence.

Western society drastically over consumes meat, without question i'll agree with you here and other societies which are developing wealth have sadly switched to a more meat based diet and this will lead to increased disease. However it is not the meat that is the problem, it is the over consumption that is the issue. Just like the drastic increase in diabetes seems to be linked to the increased obesity and massive consumption of simple carbs.

As with nearly everything in life, moderation is the key.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is vegan baloney.
Look at my sig.
I eat raw meat.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by goodsamaritan55

Well if all plant life is ever you know, like non existant on earth due to some GMO induced famine or locusts and what not, eating vegans will make a nice plate so yeah they have a point lol keep the cycle going

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Pretty glad I'm vegan right about now

You can feel the difference when you don't have another dead being inside of you.
You feel whole, natural and healthy

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by Ong Bak

Yeah, you're referring to The China Study. It's one of the most underrated, and underreported stories of the 20th century. I've read the book several times now, and all the critical reviews - I can definitely say that it is 100% legitimate!

I urge everybody to try going 1 month without eating any meat or dairy. (...)

Alright, I will. Starting tomorrow. You make a good case, so, why not?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunktheNWO
Pretty glad I'm vegan right about now

You can feel the difference when you don't have another dead being inside of you.
You feel whole, natural and healthy

ya but societys expectations and people own fears prevent them from experiencing this state. im glad some people get it liek me though its good to see.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodsamaritan55
This is vegan baloney.
Look at my sig.
I eat raw meat.

enjoy yuor intestinal "friends"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I personally would like to know why the heck everyone is so focused on living so long anyway?

I'm 43 and I'm not in a hurry for the fire that will burn my body, but I don't want to live forever. Truth be known, I've probably already lived enough this go round.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I personally would like to know why the heck everyone is so focused on living so long anyway?

I'm 43 and I'm not in a hurry for the fire that will burn my body, but I don't want to live forever. Truth be known, I've probably already lived enough this go round.

In any discussion about health I think living forever has little to do with it. Now living the last 10, 15, or 20 years of your life diseased, half incapacitated, drugged out on pills, in pain, constantly tired and malcontent because of it all would be more the issue.

Make no mistake though, whatever the case; the system is leading us all down a path of chronic disease and endless pharmaceuticals if we just accept the status quo and do what everyone else does.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The shorter life spans must have a lot to due with digestion more so than the fact that they're eating meat. An individual's whole lifestyle completely affects their health and bodily functions. I think it's safe to say that most meat is somewhat harder to digest than vegetables for us humans, however, you need to consider the whole lifestyle of a person. I believe that most humans have degenerated enough to the point where we no longer can digest everything and there is the obvious increased dependency on cooking foods to help us digest them. At this point in our history, having a poor digestive function has become "normal", but I will say it is common as I don't believe it is normal for us. For all people who are indeed so far from their nature, meat will most likely lead to a shorter life span as it will stress our less than optimal digestive system and undigested food along with a compromised immune system (digestive system being a huge factor) will cause serious health problems in our lifetimes.

Unfortunately, I will have to say that meat does lead to shorter life, but there is a way to care for your health and be educated about what will lead to optimal health so one can properly digest tougher foods like meat.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

It is possible for people to handle such a diet nowadays, even if it is a very small number of them. There are ways of restoring your system to a state which will allow for digestion of raw meats and even handle all of the parasites and bacteria that may come along with your raw foods. Some people are just lucky, though.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
reply to post by Ong Bak

It is possible for people to handle such a diet nowadays, even if it is a very small number of them. There are ways of restoring your system to a state which will allow for digestion of raw meats and even handle all of the parasites and bacteria that may come along with your raw foods. Some people are just lucky, though.

prove this please. lets see a link about people immune to parasties and foodborne illness.
utter rubbish, dont make things up please can be dangerous to others.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
still waiting on this one. wahta fantasticly magical life it must be to be able to avoid all of the bad things that happen when one decides to feed off a corpse!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My exercise buddy claims you will live forever drinking Blue Diamonds Almond breeze but I digress. If you are male you won't live past 115 anyways. Females only make it to 122 if they get tips from Vincent van Gogh like Jeanne Calment of France did before she passed in 1997.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Son of Will

www.youtube.com...

In the above video, at 19 minutes and 17 seconds he begins to reveal his true intentions. It is fraud, but it's not legally punishable...because it's very simple to produce and interpret data (especially when you're the one producing AND interpreting it) from observational data to support any hypothesis. Selection bias, or perversion of data, is not good science.

Fraud, but not legally punishable? That's an utterly absurd statement from any way you look at it. He has not shown any biased data here.

For instance, there were some small associations between animal products and disease; however, Campbell fails to mention, evidently intentionally, that there were associations between plant proteins and cancer (which he admits to later...in the video above) and extremely strong associations between wheat consumption and heart disease/myocardial infarction....et al.

This entire paragraph is bogus. There were large associations between meat and disease, inverse associations between plant proteins and disease, with small associations between wheat and disease. Since this is exactly what naysayers have said in the past, I'm assuming you just did a copy&paste of someone else's claims. That's sloppy.

As Imagniary-dude already pointed out, this study is nothing more than a book of numbers or "correlations". Not only is it extremely difficult to interpret (unless you're unbiased and good with statistics/numbers), it's extremely unreliable in providing conclusive evidence of disease causality.

Imaginary-dude pointed that out? Actually, I did when I brought it up in the first place. Even though you're wildly exaggerating the difficulty of extracting meaningful data from correlation studies, yes, it does pose a difficulty.

The China Project is either blindly accepted (usually by Campbell's colleagues at PCRM), due to the time consumption/difficulty in which it takes to review/interpret, or it is generally ignored because of how unreliable such studies are.

Vegans don't blindly accept anything - many of us started out as meat eaters, but changed our ways when confronted with scientific data. On the other hand... this thread is a good example of how the naysayers, like yourself, blindly accept the word of online bloggers over peer-reviewed scientific studies, presumably to defend a lifestyle you feel is being threatened.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental
what a lot of nonsense this is, all you need to know is that the teeth in your mouth have evolved to allow us to eat both meat and veg

God-lee that one p!ss poor argument here. Human mouth can be used to eat food or deliver oral sex but do you really think that mother nature meant the latter as a preferable way to procure nutrition?

Yeah I know that the primates are omnivores, but again any food will do in a pinch. Whether being able to consume meat equals consuming meat being optimal is open to scientific debate, and a study like that one mentioned in this thread helps us make better decisions. Which is to restrict meat.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join