It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polluted Milk (rocket fuel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Something was posted about this in 2003, but I hadn't heard anything more about it until this article:

"The Associated Press
Updated: 9:23 a.m. ET June 22, 2004

SAN FRANCISCO - Young children and pregnant women who drink milk from California cows may be exposed to unsafe levels of a toxic chemical used in rocket fuel, according to a new study by an environmental group."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Here is my thing. They talk about parts per billion (ppb) of thi, and ppb of that. Now of course, at a certain level of one chemical, it isn't going to be a big deal right? What I worry about is the combined effects of them. You could end up with 40 ppb of chemicals, which by themselves are harmless at their levels, but combined are harmful.

-P

[Title clarified to aid in subject searches.]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So basically don't light a match near them.

If this is happening in California I assume the same effect if studied is going on in other states like Arizona in which the article said it detected Perchlorate in the Colorado river.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Nice update for THE THREAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE...

Toxic Rocket Fuel Found in Milk

I'll close the old one with a link to the update. Continue to post comments and updates here.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You know this really shows you what a great job they are doing about keeping things like FOOD & WATER safe and healthy. Here just one year later we have the same exact Environmental Heath Problem again. Rocket Fuel in the Milk. Which of course means Rocket Fuel in the Cow. Which would mean Rocket Fuel in the Water.

So does this mean they never bothered to fix the problem when it happened last year?

Or that they just covered it up like everything else, Mad Cow for example, and now this same problem which was ignored the first time is once again spilling out of the closet?

I just love how every time something like this is reported, there is always the typical Suit & Tie Pompous F*ck-Off at the end of the report telling us all how 'If you look close enough you'll find all kinds of chemicals. It's because the test equipment is so precise. It's just a tiny little bit, nothing to worry about.'

Oh, yeah...Once again, nothing to see here, just go about consuming people, your Government and it's Experts Love you and Protect you always and will Take Care of Everything. Just once I'd like to find one of these Over Paid Pathetic 'Yes Men' C*ck Suckers and force feed him Rocket Fuel Milk, Mad Cow Steaks, Arsenic riddled water and every other Tainted Product that his Corp. Masters have poisoned over the years. Then ask him just to continue as if nothing is wrong while I watch his brain dissolve from disease and cancerous tumors ravage his body. Perhaps then he'll realize the difference between Food and Toxic Waste.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's an interesting take on milk:

Milk's reputation has suffered not because milk is worse today�if anything, it's safer�but because we've changed our attitudes toward other things. We used to like Big Government for protecting public health; now it's robbing our pocketbooks. Before industrial farming raped the countryside, it created a bountiful food supply. And before milk was contemptibly Eurocentric and racist, it was admirably Eurocentric and racist. DuPuis cites a 1920s National Dairy Council publication in which a nutritionist declares, "The people who have achieved, who have become large, strong, vigorous people, who have reduced their infant mortality, who have the best trades in the world, who have an appreciation for art, literature and music, who are progressive in science and every activity of the human intellect are the people who have used liberal amounts of milk and its products." A 1933 history of New York agriculture asserted, "A casual look at the races of people seems to show that those using much milk are the strongest physically and mentally, and the most enduring peoples of the world. Of all races, the Aryans seem have been the heaviest drinkers of milk and the greatest users of butter and cheese, a fact that may in part account for the quick and high development of this division of human beings."

slate.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just remember, when your parents were your age, they were probably drinking Milk with DDT in it. Nothing is absolutely safe, and nothing is absolutely pure. There's a lot of discrepency about perchlorate, and it's been going on for a while. This is probably all leading up to a nice class action lawsuit with a hefty payday.

Some people don't think it's that bad.

Also, remember how uber-environmental California is. Sometimes, I think they overkill the issue.

--J1m

top topics

join