It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So The Top 50 All-Time Contributors List is Up! I am Shocked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

And PT, you star whore you! Seriously though, you deserve them. Your posts are almost always BEYOND the call of duty. I enjoy them much.

Thanks my friend. It is kind of impressive considering the majority of my posts are dedicated to sharing things most people don't want to hear, and fewer people really want to have to believe.

You are so right though in your wise and accurate contention that there are so many outstanding posters on ATS who aren't on the list just because they don't produce the sheer volume of threads and posts that those who have been honrored to have made the list do.

Not to mention a few posters who are so darn brilliant and ahead of the curve that it would take a couple years sitting in a Tibeten Cave in silence and intense contemplation to fully understand the profound wisdom and insights in their words.

They don't often get the instant recognition in a star or flag for their efforts.

For some it's just a numbers game of running things up a flag pole and seeing if anyone will salute it. That's great too by the way, the more that's put out there for people to be exposed to and consider is a great thing.

There are a lot of unsung heros on ATS in my humble opinion.

He and I go at it like cats and dogs at times but I think SkyFloating deserves an extra special mention for not just authoring so many thought provoking all original content threads but also dedicating so much of his time to being a moderator on the site.

He very well might be the hardest working person on ATS and being a moderator and number 3 on the list is a pretty amazing accomplishment if you ask me.

You know, just looking at those 50 is pretty cool to see some of the numbers people have racked up. And how can we continue on this thread without mentioning DD, at # 1 ? Congrats DD, for sure!

As an amateur statistician numbers and trends really fascinate me, it’s great to see them all in one spot to peruse and crunch.

I think it’s great for the site too, as I think it will intensify the competitive spirit of many on ATS and many on the list and those who would like to get on the list, to keep getting that content and those theories out there for us all to more enjoy.

Dimensional Detective truly is amazing, his underlying passions and humanity really show in his threads and his posts. He very well might be the most passionate person on a site where passion drives the debates and issues as much and more so at times than the need to understand the issues. Dimensional Detective always seems to understand the issues he selects for his threads on a profound level few of us do.

Still at the end of the day it’s just a list and I think we all have our own favorite number one poster.

Mine is Schrödinger’s Dog for sheer brilliance and contemplative insight.

Yet the real number one spot goes to ATS for being such a well run and great place to post!

edit on 9/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: To add the word: on

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Mine is Schrödinger’s Dog for sheer brilliance and contemplative insight.

Yet the real number one spot goes to ATS for being such a well run and great place to post!

Sssshh

His head is big enough

But seriously, he certainly deserves to be there

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is awesome.

The cross-section of personas, ideologies, philosophies, politics and interests represented on that list really speaks to how healthy and great the ATS community is.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

So do you my friend, well schooled and studied scientific oriented members like you and Phage bring a balance and level of information into the debates that makes a perfect counterweight that helps shed some light and temper some of the theories and threads where science is as much at play as conspiracies possibly are.

Not many of us have those kinds of credentials or expertise so we are all, all the richer having members like you that do that can bring your wealth of knowledge and experience into the mix.

I look forward to you trying to debunk one of my next epic threads in the works: The Sky is Falling, Why Chicken Little was Right!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Silly of me to have even hoped I'd be on it... LOL!

Well, I suppose I have too little access, and too focused an agenda (even if the agenda is saving the human race).

Congrats to all of you who made it. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And if applause factored into it, there would be those who complained the mods were purposefully padding the list with their favorites.

As always, stuff like this is 100% based on member "votes" in the form of flags and threads.

Also... since our daily activity was much less than it is now before the flags/stars started, don't be so sure about what history would show.

You're right, of course. Still... I would be curious to see a compiled list of the top fifty applause recipients to date. No one can say that such a list was padded, because such a list has not been planned.

Thanks for the effort to put this together.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Congratulations to everyone on the list.

Alot of effort and work went in to reach it and nice to see you all recongised for it.

Keep up the great work

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone who made the list. The spotlight is well deserved...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He and I go at it like cats and dogs at times but I think SkyFloating deserves an extra special mention for not just authoring so many thought provoking all original content threads but also dedicating so much of his time to being a moderator on the site.

Right on, couldnt agree more.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Uh oh
, I'm [unlucky] number 13. It must be an omen. Hmmm, either that or Mexican

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It's a very impressive run in 4 months time. You are clearly someone to keep an eye on here on ATS, great posts, even keel approaches, well mannered, informative and well researched arguments threads and posts!

It's a very impressive achievement. Sadly one that has me a bit worried, careful starting your car at night!

Just kidding. Really great job! Charlie Mike!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow....

Thanks everyone!!

I had no idea.

Congrats to everyone that made the list!!!! Lots of great contributors in there.

Now if I had a dollar for every flag and star.....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Flippin eck.
There's now like blowing your own trumpet (as they say in Yorkshire).
I think I'm going to throw up.

edit on 9-9-2010 by starchild10 because: text addition

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone who made the list again, awesome in my opinion, looking forward to more of their contributions in the future.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc9ad37f6947.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm honoured, deeply humbled.

Congrats to those on the list and to all ATS members. We are one hell of a community.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Aww shucks Proto, your "All Roads Leads to Rome" thread is was one of the first "epic threads" (as I like to call them) I read here on ATS.

Good, now that all of the hugs, warms and fuzzies are over with, I can get back to my antisemiticommufasconservaliberal disinformatoin campaign that I seem to be blissfully unaware of.

Anyway, congrats to you and everyone else both on and off the list who seem to make the most outstanding threads and posts.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I had no clue how much time I have spend in this site in my time as a member, thanks to SLAYER69,
centurion1211 for letting know about this thread
Congrats to both of you and to everybody in the list.

We are all family here.

edit on 9-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just thought about it and I have been here for only 1 year now and already on such a prestigious list as these fellow outstanding ATS members, some of whom I admire.

Also I could never have made it without the stars and flags of my fellow ATS members. So thank you very much. I will see it as my point to contribute more threads with higher quality content.

And congratulations to all other 49 members who made the list!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Im top listed among loons and extremists...this will look real good in my resume

j/k

If you look at 2008-2010 Proto is #1

DimensionalDetective....awesome. It would be years before we catch up.

Secret to getting Flags: Not caring about Flags (but about enjoyment of good content only)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im top listed among loons and extremists...this will look real good in my resume

j/k

If you look at 2008-2010 Proto is #1

DimensionalDetective....awesome. It would be years before we catch up.

Secret to getting Flags: Not caring about Flags (but about enjoyment of good content only)

I would trade every star and flag and round of applause I have right now, to get some cooler heads to prevail on the site and in the world around the world right now.

Despite these accomplishments I feel like a failure in my efforts to see that come about.

Thanks though for the kind words, and as I an others have said in the thread, already, no telling where you would have really ended up, if you weren't dividing your time between being a site moderator, and a original content author of some of the most thought provoking threads on the site.

Absolutely brilliant job you have done. I tip my hat to your supreme efforts, and thoughtful brilliance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join