It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing FDR, Putin Hints of Return to Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Citing FDR, Putin Hints of Return to Presidency

www.aolnews.com

(Sept. 7) -- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday dropped his strongest hint so far that he might run again for his old job as president by invoking the lengthy political career of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The prime minister told reporters and foreign policy analysts that he hasn't ruled out running in the 2012 election and compared himself to FDR, the only elected American president to serve more than two terms in the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i don't know if i would go as far as comparing him to FDR for many reasons but it seems hes trying to use FDR's many terms before the constitution was amended to limit terms to two so it looks like Putin is trying to get back into the big chair wonder what our russian ATS users think of this?

later on in the article he states he and Mediev(sp) wont change the russian constitution so as far as i understand it nothing would stop him correct?

www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lets be honest, was he ever really out of power?

I for one don't think he was, and i'd wager most would agree. That is of course, if he ever had any power to begin with and Russian Oligarchs aren't running the show...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
haha yeah i gues that mediev guy from what ive read since posting this was nothing but a puppet...the question is what happens to the puppet when the puppeteer steals the show think it will be gulag time?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Crap, there used to be a time -- not all that long ago -- when the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. did their best to not be like each other.

Now our governments are following each other's lead, taking notes from each other, and name-dropping. I wonder when Obama is going to drop the name "Stalin"?

new topics

top topics

join