It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Rig Explosion Report September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Here is some reporting on BP's official investigation into the 4/20 oil rig explosion.
This is a lengthy chronological report of the lead up to the event and BP has assigned blame to eight factors and divided them accordingly. 4.5 factors were Transocean's responsibility, 1 was Haliburton and 1.5 was BP leaving 1 undecided.
I have included a couple of vids, one being almost 30 minutes with an illustrated breakdown. It looks like a blame game with the responsibility being shared by different entities. Falsified reports, disabling safety equipment, money saved by avoiding proper safety equipment and what appears to be shoddy cement work as well. It is still my opinion that the 500,000 dollar sonar safety equip should have been used and for sure they should be utilized now!

6.39pm: Insightful commentary from Geoffrey Maitland, professor of energy engineering at Imperial College in London and an expert in the field. He says the report gave an analysis of the disaster that would not surprise anyone in the oil industry – but "it tries to put the best light on it for BP, as you'd expect for an internal report which will play a part in legal actions in the future."

"What is not there is interesting. BP says the well design was not a factor. Transocean say it is and I think Halliburton think the same."

Prof Maitland notes that a preliminary report by the US Congress back in June raised six points about well design but that very few of those are addressed in BP's report:

"The BP report gives lots of detail but it does not give the detail needed on how the decisions were taken in the critical areas and how the decision making was shared."

www.guardian.co.uk...

With all these players, my guess is this will be tied up in courts for years.
There is a lot of info here to sort thru but hopefully it will provide a better picture of what happened.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Report by BPOfficial - 28minutes

spec

Please read: Posting work written by others.

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

edit on September 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: Reduce excess copy and paste

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Reported in the News a little while ago:

BP: Mulitiple firms to blame for Gulf oil spill

Didn't take them long to push the blame onto others!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Thanks for the head's up, maybe that is why this thread never popped up on the topic(fire house) list?
Yes, the big blame game happens now with all these companies, should be interesting to see how it turns out.
I try and be objective but whenever I see Haliburton, well I think the worst because of cronyism,money and their history, but it looks like others had a bigger hand in the tragedy.
spec

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

top topics

join