It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Blasts Ahmadinejad as Anti-Semitic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
(Sept. 8) -- Iran's firebrand president is getting some surprise criticism from a fellow anti-American agitator -- Fidel Castro.

The Cuban leader blasted Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for denying the Holocaust and making anti-Semitic comments, according to a blog by a reporter for The Atlantic magazine. Writer Jeffrey Goldberg describes three days of interviews with Castro, who invited him to Havana after reading one of his previous articles about Iran and Israel.

Castro "repeatedly returned to his excoriation of anti-Semitism," and said Iran could promote peace by "trying to understand why Israelis fear for their existence," Goldberg wrote Tuesday.

link to source www.aolnews.com...

i thought they were more of the same page ideologically and politically but i guess if this article is to be believed but castro and Ahmadinejad dont agree on the holocaust happening or not

either way good old Castro has been alot more active these days and seems very concerned with the state of things in the middle east and the world in general wonder how many more speaches we can expect from him in the next few months either way i guess there not as buddy buddy as we orginaly though

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Finally, now maybe people around here with start believing it.

Seems ol' Commie Castro's word is more legit than Obama's and Netanyahu's.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yeah it was kinda just a straight forward statement from him basically saying (in blunter terms his is far better) dont deny the holocaust it scares them and makes them more fear full and more likely to pull some shenanigans

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
IMO Fidel must be feeling his biological clock running out and he's been polishing his legacy lately.
Still, he's about the only world leader left that dealt with the Ike & JFK era straight on to the present day (except Q.E.II) so his perspective really gets the world's attention.

gj

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

yeah i hadent looked at it that way! thanks for the post!

and i guess that alota people consider him the most successfull revoloutionary or at least one of the few dictators to leave power with out a bullet to the back of the head(knock on wood) that in and of its self is rare enough to have him listened to

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Oh come on people..

Castro comes out a few weeks ago and states that the Big Bad US and Israel are going to attack Iran that may touch off WWIII and ATS goes nuts and eats it up like it's manna from heaven. Now the old geezer says that Iran is Anti-Semitic AND now all of a sudden he's a non issue and needs some bed rest becuase he is old and feeble.

new topics

top topics

join