It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25-Year-Old Polish Woman Dies Due to "Conscience Clause"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Since there have been two threads on abortion type issues. I would enjoy to share a link with my fellow members. This story comes from Poland. A mother's struggle to find justice for her daughter.
womensrights.change.org...

A young Polish woman died of septic shock in 2004 after being repeatedly refused a comprehensive examination, RH Reality Check reports. Her mother and fiancée begged for her to receive treatment that could save her life, but were still denied. Why? Because she was pregnant, and the doctors invoked their "conscience" as not allowing them to perform any medical procedure that might endanger the fetus.

Now whatever your views might be. I support the mother. The doctors should of went ahead and perform the medical procedure.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Apparently medical personnel don't have to follow the Hippocratic Oath to do no harm...

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this is rediculous since when does a fetus have rights over a mother? i could see if it was an abortion issue, but instead its a medical issue, where the doctors are negligent for the death of both the mother and most likely the fetus (no word in the article if the fetus survived)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And how long did the fetus live after its mother died? Stupidity under the guise of "conscience" and now two are dead. Well done.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The ariticle said if she had been treated earlier it may have actually prevented the miscarriage and they both could have been saved.

So incredibly sad. I can't imagine the last months of that poor woman's life. Could you imagine knowing you were dying, knowing your baby was going to die, being in pain. I wonder how those doctors consciences are doing now.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kill the fetus, problem. Kill the mother, problem. They should have settled this by flipping a coin,

join