It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cosmic Event" just happened in Colombia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

09/07/2010 Cosmic Event CO-20100907-27718-COL Colombia Departmento de Santander San JoaquĂ­n

Seems there was a "Cosmic Event" in Colombia just a bit ago. I don't often see these kind of icon Blinkers on the map here :RSOE EDIS

Can Anyone smarter then I about these things figure out how big it might have been? Im not seeing anything news related about it yet.

It mentions there is a photo but it wont come up for me

ops silly me Photo just came up. Photo

There is also a situation update here: Situation Update

Sorry Im getting this all on here in parts. It just keeps updating ahead of me!

edit on by yigsstarhouse because: (no reason given)

edit on by yigsstarhouse because: edited to add photo

edit on by yigsstarhouse because: adding situation update

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This may be in relation to the asteroid impact from a few days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Despite a 1,000-strong search team and a police helicopter looking for the remains of a giant fireball seen in the skies of central Colombia, authorities have been unable to locate the supposed meteorite's crash site. The Colombian media has been buzzing with eyewitness accounts of the fireball, which fell from the sky, causing a massive explosion at 3:15PM Sunday. LINK.

link   
Looks to be a meteorite. If you click the photos tab once you go to the "read" link next to the event in the table, it'll show you a picture. Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Pretty sure this thread is already covering this topic.

Search is your friend!

Later.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There is a youtube video that reports on it:

I have to say it looks quite impressive in the photos shown on the video !

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My apologies for reposting a thread all ready created Im just not use to seeing the icon last that long. You can close this thread if you wish... Thanks and one again my apologies

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Colombian authorities confirmed that a "giant fireball" that fell from the sky in the Santander department, central Colombia, was a meteorite. The Colombian media has been buzzing with eye witness accounts of the fireball, which caused a massive explosion at 3:15PM local time Sunday. Andina.com reported that Bucaramanga Mayor Fernando Vargas confirmed that the phenomenon was a meteorite that left a crater 100 meters in diameter when it crashed into the earth in the San Joaquin municipality in Santander. Colombian air force helicopters were commissioned to fly over the area to try to locate the source of the explosion. The director of the University of Nariño's Astronomic Observatory, Alberto Quijano, told RCN Radio Sunday that he believed the object was a meteorite. In rural areas of Santander, police received reports that the explosion had shattered windows in the area.

this is from sunday.

new topics

top topics

join