It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds target woman who supported convicted pain doctor: 'The government crushed me'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Feds target woman who supported convicted pain doctor: 'The government crushed me'

www.rawstory.com

A longtime advocate of doctors on behalf of patients in chronic pain has become the target of an ugly grand jury investigation after she spoke out to defend a physician charged with over-medicating patients to their deaths.

Siobhan Reynolds, president of Pain Relief Network, came in the crosshairs of the Justice Department when she stood up for a Kansas doctor convicted of money laundering, health care fraud, and prescribing medication to 68 chronically ill patients who died of overdose.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Of course the government can crush anyone of us. We have so many laws on the books that it would be impossible for anyone person to read and know them, yet ignorance of the law is no excuse. In fact, the hallmark of an oppressive and authoritarian government, is a vast network of laws, most of which are so complicated that most people wouldn't understand them anyway.

On the other hand, the hallmark of a society based on freedom, justice and liberty, something that America claims to be, the laws are simple, straight forward to the point. If it creates a victim, it is a crime but if it doesn't, then obviously no crime has been committed.

From the years 2000-2007 alone, Congress has created at least 452 new federal crimes. Even more after 2007, though nobody really has a number because there are so many. In fact, not one single person can even say for sure how many crimes there are according to the US government and something is seriously wrong with such a notion.

All it takes, is for the government to disagree with you and then pick out of the thousands of criminal laws to try you on. If you are convicted than you are doomed but even if you aren't, you are still ruined due to the cost, both monetarily and emotionally.

Is our system really based on justice? Are we really the beacon of both liberty and justice or is that just an illusion invented to subdue the population and enslave us to the agenda of those who control it all?

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon
your words are very good, keep up the good work there.

As to the doctor in your reference, the over medication to me is pan-amount to euthanasia. I will let each individual decide if euthanasia is right or wrong. As to everything else the doctor was accused of, if it is true he deserves to be convicted, ruined, thrown in jail, or worse.
sandf

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Great thread.

I saw a great definition of tyranny: when the government can do something that they say you cannot.

top topics

join