It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in three Spaniards declares itself anti-semitic because of Israel’s policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is what I found at “El Mundo” newspaper, one of the main news sources in Spain (of course… in Spanish). Before bombing me with “you anti-semitic” whatever, please read. I am NOT anti-semitic.

Source

The Spanish government asked for this survey (sponsored by the Jewish Spanish Communities Federation) because they were worried of two previous international surveys in 2007 and 2008, which indicated a rise of unfavorable sentiment against Jews. This year this anti-Jewish sentiment in Spain is at 34.6% (down from 44% in 2008), but still 11% feel that “Israel should disappear”.

In September 2008, Pew Research Center made a survey public in which 46% of Spaniards, 36% Polish, and 34% Russians feel critics of Jews, compared to 25% of Germans and 20% French.

The main reason of this negative sentiment in Spain is its policy with Palestine and not Jewish religion, and one third feels Israel is a “creator of problems in the world”.

I feel this sentiment is very common is South America also, but as in Spain, it is because of an incorrect association of Jews with Israel and its policies.

I really hope that this new peace process in the ME gets results, so this negative feeling against Jews can be forgotten (even if it is because of a wrong association).

We also need a bit of education, so we don’t associate Jews with Israel. There are Jewish people all around the world and many don’t like Israel’s policies either.

Cheers

Jechu

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think the number would be just as high in America if it was an anonymous poll.

Israel likes to self fulfill prophecy, like taking israel back because of a man named Hitler when a man named GOD took it away.

Next they need the nations of the world to turn against them, as it says in the Bible.

They seem to be doing everything they can to make that happen...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So, a minority portion of the country of Spain declare themselves anti-semetic?

Good thing they aren't anti-Islamic, that would truly cause a firestorm on ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I don't agree with that.

I think MOST of the world is tired of picking on Muslims, and now see who the true aggressor is.

The time will come, even their own book says so.

Luckily for them they don't believe in hell, which is probably how they can treat people the way they do.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think people often mistake all Jews for Zionists. Jews are not causing these problems. It's the Zionists, who also happen to be Jews.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The thing about this survey is that they prove that anti-semitism is wrongly associated with Jewish people. It is just because of Israeli policies against Palestine.

As in hatred of Islam or picking on Muslims, it is because people incorrectly associate fanatics and extremists with the whole religion. In the end, it has a lot of things in common with christianity.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

the main issue here is
due to the israeli supporters if you are a critic

your the magic word

ANti semetic

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me one bit.
Two out of three Spaniards are extremely rude and arrogant, even more so than the French.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Spaniards has always lived in peace side by side with Jews and Muslims for hundred of years.
I firmly believe that the poll is in reference of the Israeli killings of the flotilla(s).

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Well, they say that it has come down 10% in two years. Even with the flotilla thing it came down.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Thinking that "Israel should disappear" is not anti-semetic. Meaning of 'semetic' aside (because it's been covered so many times), being anti-Israeli is not the same as being anti-Jew. I really wish the whole world would stop confusing the two. One is a country the other is a religion.

Criticising the country or government is not being anti-Jewish.

So one in three Spaniards has not declared themselves to be 'anti-semetic'. They have declared themselves to be critical of Israel and it's policies. Yet another example of the misuse of this term as propoganda.

new topics

top topics

join