It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teresa Lewis, Mentally Disabled Woman, To Be Executed In Virginia This Month (UPDATED)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

Interesting Huff-Post didn't include that information also. Hmmm...

Maybe they're thinking there's the possibility of a last minute turn around by the Governor if enough people write in or call, etc?

Thanks for your info!

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Difference being, one mentally challenged woman......hoardes of mentally challenged barbarians..........see the difference? On topic, I don't think the Gov. will give her a stay, but there sure is alot wierd with this case. Maybe enought to look into, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Iran on Execution of Va. Woman: US Is a Hypocrite

Iran has fired back with the old "You're a hypocrite." Seems Tehran thinks Virginia opting to execute Teresa Lewis, a woman with a low IQ who conspired to murder her husband, isn't much different than an Iranian court's hugely controversial decision to sentence Sakineh Mahammadi Ashtiani to death by stoning on adultery charges.

"We will file an official complaint to the international community against the US if the sentence is administered."

I was wondering if this might pop up.

Interesting stuff...

Could Iran's protest possibly make and difference to the Governor of Virginia?

We'll just have to wait and see... Only two days to go...

peace

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This brings me memories of my Uncle, his wife of 19 years and her lover planned his death and executed my uncle on a morning after he came back from work as a nigh guard.

He bleed to death in his own driveway, it took hours for him to die as per forensic reports.

She served only 5 years of her sentence as she was not the one that fire the shot, her boy friend the one that did the shooting served longer.

All for money as he had a million dollar policy and several properties.

And here we got a women that didn't kill anybody and is mentally disable going to be executed, Interesting. . .

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Your recount of the death of your Uncle made me shudder and pale.
A true account of 'cold blooded killing'.
To say 'I'm sorry' at this late date does not detract from my true feelings of sorrow for your loss.

Teresa Lewis. I wanted to 'hate' her - for the same reasons I lament at the loss of your Uncle.
The taking of innocent lives.
But instead I researched her case a bit more and found some truly disturbing facts (I wont go into) that cast a dark shadow on the words both 'reasonable' and 'doubt'.
Backed up by a confession from the self proclaimed 'Mastermind' - who stated when he met Teresa he 'knew she would be someone easily manipulated' and went on to confess he wanted her husbands insurance money to 'get away' and (how sick is this) use it to start a new 'drug business' in another town.

Well - there ya go. Innocent taken and turned tragic.

Also in reading the transcripts I found after shooting one man, the shooter (also the self proclaimed 'mastermind') exited the bedroom, walked into the kitchen to complain 'He just will not DIE!' - then went back and shot him again.

If that's not enough to tip the balance in favor of keeping this woman alive - then I guess you'll just have to agree with the Governor of Virginia. Who happens to have made it a career habit of turning down please for clemency.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks, my uncle died back in 1979, so is been quite a while I was still in college when that happen but I found time to go with my family and support our grandfather in court, it was a long trial and she got sentenced on mothers day, it made it all over the news in my Island of Puerto Rico, I still remember the headlines, "women sentenced on mothers day".

But to tell you the truth this particular case is something I personally feel sorry about, but that is because the nature of the case,, she should be sentence but death is a poor choice, I feel that the state wants to dispose of her so they don't have to pay for having her in a jail, specially when she is going to need medical care for the rest of her life.

edit on 21-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Va. could execute 1st woman in nearly a century

source

And still the Governor is being a stick!

Rocap appealed Monday to McDonnell to reconsider his decision to deny clemency to Lewis, claiming new evidence should spare Lewis the death penalty. Rocap argued that one of the gunmen claimed he manipulated Lewis, who is borderline mentally retarded, "to dupe her into believing he loved her so that he could achieve his own selfish goals."

McDonnell's legal counsel said the governor's decision would stand.

Based on a thorough review, "the governor found no compelling reason to grant clemency and made a final decision," J. Jasen Eige wrote to Rocap, who released the response Tuesday.

'Thorough Review'? I think not.
I just don't understand this man. This 'Governor'. He's like someone with his head buried the sand and can't pull it out even though others are shouting FIRE.

The woman was clearly NOT the mastermind.
She was given the death penalty because she was believed to be the mastermind.

The men who did the actual shooting did not receive the death penalty.

Even the man who after shooting one of the victims complained he 'just wouldn't die' and went back and shot him again.

This just makes no sense to me at all - none.

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Virginia to Execute First Woman in Nearly a Century

Teresa Lewis, 41, was sentenced to death for providing sex and money to two men to kill her husband and stepson in October 2002 so she could collect on a $250,000 insurance pay out. The country's top court refused Tuesday to intervene.

Two of the three women on the court, Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor, voted to stop the execution. The court did not otherwise comment on its order.

The court's decision followed Gov. Bob McDonnell's refusal to reconsider a clemency request, which he rejected Friday.

edit on 22-9-2010 by VAPatriot because: added text

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
First Woman Executed in the U.S. in Five Years

Teresa Lewis, 41, died by injection at 9:13 p.m. Thursday, authorities said. She became the first woman executed in Virginia in nearly a century. Supporters and relatives of the victims watched her execution at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, there ya go.
The USA has killed their first (reported) mentally handicapped person.
We'll see what kind of precedent this sets. And I can bet you it isn't going to be good.
Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join