It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is nuts, we can no longer even defend ourselves. The 2nd Amendment has been subverted and dismantles so much that it no longer serves its purpose. You can basically have guns to either collect or hunt, though only if the government gives you permission to hunt. Some people can't even own guns and those that do, can't use them to either defend ourselves or fight tyranny. We surely can't rely on the police to protect us, as they are either on a powertrip and could care less about our safety or they are far too busy, imprisoning people for political crimes or abusing our civil rights.

Newsflash: The intent of the 2nd Amendment was for every citizen to be able to arm themselves with weapons that match those of the government. The purpose was not only for self protection against common thugs, but also protection against political thugs. The intent behind the 2nd Amendment wasn't so that we could go hunting or so that we could collect guns, so long as they are locked up somewhere. Sadly, many people have been indoctrinated to believe that is the case.

If we can't arm ourselves on the level that the government does, then the 2nd Amendment is basically useless. If our weapons can't be used as a last resort to ensure personal liberty from criminals, both street and political, then the 2nd Amendment no longer matters and our Constitution -and freedom- is severely threatened.

Many people argue that allowing people to own guns is dangerous because then people could get hurt, whether intentional or by accident but let me clue you into something very important and relevant: That is the price of freedom. To give up a little percieved security to preserve liberty is catch to freedom. Is freedom worth it? You decide.

"Whoever shall trade a little liberty for a little security, deserves neither and will lose both." --Ben Franklin

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I really wish I were on that jury. My dismissal of his case and the law that put him in jail would be swift. Jury nullification, don't let the libtards trash the constitution.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Okay, I will give you a star for the monkey throwing feces defense. BUT, just keep a pail instead of having to squat. When you have to # a turd is always minutes away!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by SeventhSeal

an ak-47 levels the odds when you have 20 potential armed gangbangers.

Yeah, valid argument

Not.

Absolutely disgusting someone can own such a weapon.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

What is disgusting about a man owning a AK-47? People have owned rifles for as long as they have existed. A pistol can be just as deadly in the right hands. It's not an automatic machine gun, it's a semi-automatic rifle like many other legal weapons.

If I lived in an area with a gang like that, I guarantee I would have one too.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by randomname

an ak-47 levels the odds when you have 20 potential armed gangbangers.

Yeah, valid argument

Not.

Absolutely disgusting someone can own such a weapon.

Yeah, totally. He should have been forced to let that huge gang of people rape and murder his family. That would be much less disgusting.

You know, in all honesty, I have no respect for you gun fearing cowards.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrillsAngelWings

Originally posted by mattifikation
New York and most of the people in it really are a useless bunch. Same with California. Get rid of those two states and this would probably be a pretty well-balanced country.

Excuse me but not Everyone in the state of NY is useless and im sure the same goes for Cali residents aswell.Its not our job to fight the crimes yet we get punished for doing what the authorities dont have the guts to do.They should be the ones held responsible for the crappy jobs they do not the people who live in the state.

Read better. I said most, not all.

The rest of you are welcome to join us in the areas of the country that still know what our rights are.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Speaking as a person who lives in a nation where in NO part of it am I allowed to defend my person, my property, or my family in ANY way what so ever, I find your attitude to home defense an affront to fairness.
If I am attacked on the street, and I kill a man in self defense, I still get arrested, spend time in jail, still have to pay legal fees, and basicaly ruin my life for a few years, basicaly because some twit is suicidal enough to jump a metal head in an alleyway.
If a man comes into my house with a knife, and I take him with a decorative samurai sword, or a kitchen implement the same applies. Hell if I have to kill him with my bare hands , when he himself is armed with a pistol, I still have to go through all that sorry mess, when what I should be getting is the thanks of the local constabulary for saving them an awful lot of work later on. In my nation, the only way to avoid legal process after being attacked, is to get brutalised. I have seen the victim of a five man beat down arrested for affray in Britain.
I have been hospitalised by thugs before, and the only reason I allowed myself to get there, is because I mistakenly believed that here in Britain , you can rely on the Police to go out, find the thugs, and bang them up for a few years. Boy was I wrong. They were useless.
Knowing what I know now, I will defend myself to the death, and lets face it, the sort of thugs we are talking about DESERVE to be dead, so theres no moral compunction or issue with that. I kill bacteria when I clean my flat, so I dont see the difference any more. I will have to suffer uncountable affronts at the hands of this legal system, all because the law values itself more than the saftey of those it is designed to protect.
Law should only protect those who obey it. It should actively harm those who do not. Otherwise no one will respect it, no one will pay attention to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Whats disgusting about a semi-automatic rifle? Police carry semi-autos as there service rifle. So why shouldn't average joe get to also?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is so backwards to me that you protect yourself and your family and end up in jail. More libral BS and concern for the criminals not the victims. This man should not have been arrested, people should be able to protect themselves. Basically, you have to be shot in order to legally protect what is rightfully yours. This country is a mess and the libral left wing nut jobs are the cause of all this crap. If somebody threatens me, comes into or near my house I will protect myself by any means and will get off because I live in NC where the leftist haven't taken over. Down here you can protect yourself and the law will not punish you for it. NY SUCKS and so do all the other libral moronic states.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This the type of behavior you get when you have a bunch of illegal aliens living in your neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That's # ridiculous. When you have 25 gang members outside your house telling you they're going to kill you and your wife, I'd say firing warning shots into the grass is certainly "deterring physical force". He certainly didn't show a "depraved indifference to human life" because he clearly tried to avoid hurting anyone (while his wife was calling the police for him). He also apparently didn't endanger anyone's life; but even so, so what? He had a gang outside his house telling him they're gonna kill his family. I think this man made the best possible choice he had given the circumstances and I'm very much hoping he is not found guilty of anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
First off, no citizen should be able to have a AK47 in their home. I don't care if you "have the right to bear arms." The concept of having a machine gun is illogical and dangerous to yourself, your family and the people that reside near by.

God, I question the intelligence of Americans sometimes.

First off, it was not a "machine gun". You bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker. It was a legally owned gun and as such was a semi-automatic rifle. I believe the proper designation of the weapon is AK-47S - where the "S" means semi-auto. But I bet you don't know the difference between a semi and fully automatic weapon. Fully automatic weapons are illegal. The news media are intentionally planting the idea that the gun is a "machine gun" and probably part of some arsenal (CBS story had picture of several AK-47s in a row).

BTW, since your obviously so much more intelligent than us Americans, what would you have done in this situation?

----------------------

What is physical force met with physical force in this situation? Should he have fought them in hand to hand combat?

Maybe he should have stayed indoors and shot the first fool to break through the door. Legally probably would have had no problems this way.

edit on 9-9-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Well said mega mind. I've always wondered isn't every gun a machine? lol. I think your right about waiting inside and alamoing his house. He probably would have avoided a lot of liability.
Just for your information you can get a federal firearms license. It allows you to buy and keep fully automatic weapons. I think it is a pretty lengthy process.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

Thanks, yeah I thought there may be a license for a fully auto weapon, but wasn't positive about it.

-------------------------------------------

I know 2 people who have an AK-47S, its just a rifle that looks like a "machine gun".

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The gang said certain things which created a negative vision in the mind of the homeowner.
They said "We are going to kill you and your family."
They used speech and sound to do tis.

The homeowner sinply said four things in rapid succession,
to create a negative vision in the minds of the gang.
He said bang bang bang bang.
He used he talk of the gun and sound to communicate this.
He had to speak a language that the gang members understand.

I say we need to continue to introduce the risk of
permanent injury or even death into the job description of career criminals.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

you have no clue

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The most disturbing thing to me in this whole story is the fact that this guy had 25 gang members on his lawn, threatening him.

What the hell is wrong with his neighborhood? Why would anyone even live there?

I constantly see threads here about how people NEED to have guns because they need to defend their families against "rapists" and "murderers" which apparently are some common threat everyone needs to look out for.

It honestly boggles my mind...Isn't America a developped country? You'd think we're talking about war-torn Congo or something. I cannot imagine a scenario in which I would require to defend myself with deadly force because things like that just don't happen to me where I live. And honestly, if the neighborhood was so bad that I felt I needed a gun to defend myself against the constant stream of rapists trying to enter my home, I'd just move.

What is wrong with you people.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why is this guy still alive? It isn't because he pulled out his gun like he-man and saved his family as I'm sure many of you spend most of your time fantasizing about.

It's because these 25 so-called "gangbangers" were complete and utter fairies who were putting on a show for man-points, just like those of you who are saying "yeah brah I would have blown their brains out brah".

I for one am not impressed by someone who feels terrified and defenceless without a gun in his hand.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is just great! Now not only is the wrong person being charged, but the sad thing is now he has to pay for all his defense lawyers, and all he wanted to do is defend him self and family. I am really sick of this crap. I just moved from upstate NY to TX for just this reason! I am getting a really bad feeling about all of this. I am fast coming to the realization that nothing is going to change, People are plane dumb, thinking that “the govt. knows best”. I am afraid the day may come when something like this happens to me, and I am going to just go postal. I know that sounds crazy, but let me assure you I am a very level headed guy. I am just completely sick and tired of loosing my freedom, and there is no where in the country anyone can go to be left alone to live as they like. People always say you have rights as long as they don’t infringe on other peoples rights. Well what about other people infringing your rights! These guys asked for trouble! Well the got it. Then you infringe on his right to protect his family? Please don’t put me in that situation, I beg you, because no one will win!

edit on 9/9/10 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join