It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nope.....pareidolia at work, mate.

For example, when I looked I decided to see if I could spot anything else in the image that looked vaguely familiar....down in the lower right corner, just below and to the right of hte colored-in yellow part....doesn't that area possibly look like a giant bear paw print? (Or some other wild beast)...

[slobber, drool......bear claws.....ooooohhhhhggllum.....]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
My only reservation about that is why use an earth based measurement, the metre, en.wikipedia.org... as a measurement on Mars?

Elementary Watson... because the poster of that thread was Mike Singh, who resides in India and thus uses British measures... Now were he to use Martian measurements I would hazard a guess you would be even more confused

Does NASA know more than it let's on?
Possibly, even probably.
Does it know everything?
I don't think so.
:

Well on thing is sure... NASA has a lot more info than the average person knows... but then maybe that is because the average person isn't looking in the right places or asking the right people the right questions.

Would it be a fair assumption that if the structures are exactly 800metres apart then the manufacturers must be Earth related?

Ah I see your point now... why would the spacing match Earth measurements...
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Perhaps the Martians figured out that the metric system based on 10's was more practical

edit on 8-9-2010 by zorgon because: Eating humble pie...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Arken

For example, when I looked I decided to see if I could spot anything else in the image that looked vaguely familiar....down in the lower right corner, just below and to the right of hte colored-in yellow part....doesn't that area possibly look like a giant bear paw print? (Or some other wild beast)...

[slobber, drool......bear claws.....ooooohhhhhggllum.....]

Not so sure... as you.
Take a closer look to the shadows on the "face" by the sun inclination. Simmetrical. Eyes, nose, ears, mouth.

However thanks for your "strictly personal opinion".

edit on 8-9-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimburg
As you can see it is an aerial photo of ancient ruins on Earth.

Thanks for finding that... I knew there was a reason I should read the whole thread first

Problem is they named that image mars_moon_15.jpg, so a random search without context... well you get the idea..

Now using such an image for comparison is quite valid... as long as context is there. Seti, On Lunar Archeology; did the same thing as an example of what to LOOK for in images

Khorezmian Fortress Koy-Krylgan-Kala. The ancient Khorezmian fortress Koy-Krylgan-kala appeared as an impact crater on the air photo (left); its artificiality is obvious after the excavations in 1956

This is a photo of Assyrian Ruins before excavation

I have seen many similar looking areas in pictures from both the Moon and Mars as have those working for SETI. No proof of structures in those ones, but certainly worth a look.

Here is one on Mars... NASA dubbed it "Inca City"

Here is the original source MALIN SPACE SYSTEMS

People are to quick to dismiss things without further investigation

edit on 8-9-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Look at ANY rocky terrain long enough and you'll see a face or two, maybe even the entire Simpson family. None of the photos in this thread convince me of artificial structures on Mars. Those "equally spaced" objects may not even be close to being equally spaced when measured at ground level. You're going to get a lot of odd natural phenomena on a planet entirely covered by rocks.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting read...

Enki's Chronicles - Mars

Mars/Earth Connection, Flashback On Mars - a little story

I recall my first impression when I landed here long ago. I wrote these words in my log:

"As I stand here surveying the terrain of this new planet named for my son, Marduk, there is much work that needs to be done. There is no means of moving water from the seas to the inland areas. Wells are not always plentiful or sufficient enough on their own as a water supply from rain or ice. And we couldn’t rely on floods to be consistent.

I set to work with a team of my engineers to oversee and dig canals and dams more inland from the rivers and seas. There were several pathways (not just one) constructed by which water could be routed away from the volcanic areas to our new cities and areas in which population would be dense. These would be rivers.

"We have caverns underground which we have developed into livable regions where we can live sheltered from the cold nights and dust storms as well as enclosed cities on the surface of the planet. Mars has been a haven for beings who fought in other star wars in time and there has been a history of life here although the place is in need of help. And yet, the wars between our family continue and God knows, what will come next."

Mars also has a way-station that had been in operation for a long time for travelers in space to make a stop-over on their way through the galaxy. Indeed, even our traveling craft/planet, Nibiru, often makes stops here.

The way-station’s name is in your Greek language ’Phobus’, which means "fear".

Continues here - www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

That is very close to the truth, who wrote this?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It always intrigues me to wonder what happened to Mars. One thing is for sure is that it lost its magnetic field due to the inner core cooling down, thus losing its protective shielding from the Sun. I believe some life does remain and lives in the extreme limits that can facilitate life. This is why Mars satellites have picked up traces of methane that seem to appear and disappear. It used to be very active, because the presence of Olympus Mons puts any of our volcanoes to shame. But Mars is one-third the size of Earth, and so it quickly cooled and did not have enough gravity to hold on to water vapor, oxygen, etc. It does have an atmosphere, but it is very thin and whispy. If only Venus and Mars had switched positions. Now that would have been interesting. But I digress.
George Nordahl was a big proponent of ancient civilizations on Mars and how the governments were obsfucating the data. Here is a link to an interesting video (it gets very interesting at 07:00):

Mars Civilization Near Hourglass S

Not until we send an independent civilian mission, will we ever find out what really is on Mars.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mars the God of War? Venus the Goddess of Love?

Hmmmm I guess they must have mixed up something there...

I mean look at all the photos of Venus. NASA tells us its hotter than Hell, acid rain, sulfuric acid clouds and volcanoes everywhere. They even colorize the pictures to a 'Lava Orange" "based on the color of that single Russian image"

Images courtesy of NASA
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/venus/venus_il.html

I WISH someone would get a hold of NASA's PR department and ask them why they paint Venus Lava Orange and the Moon Black and White...

Anyway sounds very inhospitable for the Planet of Love, don'tchathink?

Now Mars on the other hand....

The place is LITTERED with heart shaped craters...

Mars Global Surveyor
From Mars With Love
A Collection of Heart Shaped Craters
"Martian Valentines"

M0303865.gif

MGS MOC Release No. MOC2-636, 14 February 2004

E0401788.gif

R1003259.gif

R0902121.gif

R0900918.gif

R0400395.gif

R0601364.gif

E1100090.gif

E1200275.gif

M1100480.gif

MGS MOC Release No. MOC2-135, 17 June 1999

Now then... see what I mean? Seems Mars is more about love than war. The pink color? Well it's good enough for Malin, it's good enough for me.

I am sure there will be those 'experts' that will explain this phenomena... but in the mean time... enjoy...

OH and while your explaining... how about these ones?

Eve's Apple

R0800939.gif

E0401514.gif

For those who don't know their way around Malin Space System's archives all links to originals are HERE

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Oh! God Mars has been visited by Earthlings along time ago, we even have military bases there Oops!

edit on 8-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Don't miss Andrew D. Basiago's paper
, with photographic evidence of life past and present on Mars, from NASA rover "Spirit" photo PIA 10124.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Please provide proof of your assertions. It does not do any good to post such things if it does not contribute to the discussion at hand.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating I dont buy the pixelated "buildings" or the "face"

Well let me sell you a new understanding of the Martian 'face'. I have posted it before but meh... Nice to see another Martian thread

Ancient Mars

Hellas Planitia
Flyover from the submerged northeast Hellas Planitia to the Hesperia Planum.

Now then its pretty much accepted by now that Mars at one time was a water world... so in that context lets have..

A New Look at an Old Face The Famous "Face" on Mars

There are literally hundreds of UFO website out there that still use the blurry low resolution photo taken from orbit in 1976 Viking view as "evidence" of Aliens on Mars. Tricks of lights and shadow often make this optical effect and its very common. You can look at almost any image of rock formations and find "faces"

Below is another image which NASA scientists have labeled "Roosevelt" in referral to Mt Rushmore type edifices. [It seems NASA likes to feed the community with such terms, or it is simply human nature to put names to things in a "looks like" fashion.]

Image Courtesy Nasa/JPL

Now here is the latest version of the "face" (well 2001 anyway
)

Here is the full size copy of that so you can look at it in detail E03-00824

Viking orbiter images acquired in 1976 showed that one of thousands of buttes, mesas, ridges, and knobs in the transition zone between the cratered uplands of western Arabia Terra and the low, northern plains of Mars looked somewhat like a human face. The feature was subsequently popularized as a potential "alien artifact" in books, tabloids, radio talk shows, television, and even a major motion picture. Given the popularity of this landform, a new high-resolution view was targeted by pointing the spacecraft off-nadir on April 8, 2001. On that date at 20:54 UTC (8:54 p.m., Greenwich time zone), the MGS was rolled 24.8° to the left so that it was looking at the "face" 165 km to the side from a distance of about 450 km. The resulting image has a resolution of about 2 meters (6.6 feet) per pixel. If present on Mars, objects the size of typical passenger jet airplanes would be distinguishable in an image of this scale. An earlier picture obtained in June 2000 was combined with the new, April 2001 image, to produce a stereo ("3-D") view of the western portion of the hill ("3-D" glasses with red for left eye and blue for right eye are needed to view the anaglyph). The large "face" picture, above, covers an area about 3.6 kilometers (2.2 miles) on a side; the 3-D picture is about 1 km (0.62 mi) wide. Sunlight illuminates the images from the left/lower left.

www.msss.com...

If you study the image closely you can see that at one time it was an island...

The above image has been outlined to make it easier to discern the various features of shoreline, continental shelf and the radiating silt that is at the correct angle all around the island. Compare this image to the high resolution image at the link above. Considering the size information provided above in the last paragraph, it would be fairly easy to calculate the approximate depth of the water. But the overall look is clearly an island.

A New Look at an Old Face

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Please provide proof of your assertions. It does not do any good to post such things if it does not contribute to the discussion at hand.

Would it do any good? I made a post here ( Faces of Death ) talking about what really matters and how much in danger we as a species are, and all I got was beeng redicule by some. Still the post is up and no one seems to care about this great danger we are facing, NOW THATS IMPORTANT, no one cares cause their mined have been program that way in skepticism. So why would I spend all that energy in something that doesn't really matter at this point and time, instead of using all that energy for waking up people just like your self.

I said it so your curiosity will push you a step further to a deeper research, you can't get stuck on just one thing you'll never advance in progress that way, START WITH THE BIBLE befor is to late, thats more important than any of this other stuff.

edit on 8-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I love the heart shapes from Mars
makes me love Mars even more. The Apple one is awesome too
I like how they naturally look like these shapes.

I always wondered about Venus myself. I haven't read a lot on Venus, too busy with Mars but I think Venus has an interesting history as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Ah yes that eternal cry of the Devout skeptic Pareidolia with the ever present Wiki as documentation

Don't suppose it ever crossed your mind that people recognize patterns because they are there?

Personally I think those that see nothing but blurry rocks have Prosopagnosia

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhaktidev

Could you post specific links. This is a link to a site with various topics and links. I am not sure which one you are trying to show us.

I am always up for reading about theories on Mars so I would like to read what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree with you, I believe that at one time life lifed on Mars. Then something happened and most of the life was destroyed. We still don't know what caused massive deluge/flood to happen to the Earth (almost all cultures have this in their mythology wiki it). Could a system wide catastrophy have happened and caused damage to both planets maybe 50,000 years and remnants of said people where able to flee to the planet Earth from Mars. Possible, we look at Mars and think it has been like that for millions of years and it may not have been. Why would happen to the surface water if all of a sudden pressure on the planet was reducing at an alarming rate to what it is today 6 to 10 millibars which is 1/1000's of what Earths pressure is. The Oceans/lakes/rivers would have boiled away quickly and in no time. Then take into account with almost no atmosphere and the Magnetic field of mars gone (which scientists say was stopped by some large impact from an asteroid). You have the solarl winds and radiation doing more damage to the soil and the rocks and whatever on the service than it would be doing on Earth. In essence it would be desecating the soil and rocks to the point that most of life would have to live underground and not find sustenance on the surface. And with nothing holding the new dust and lose soil, in 50,000 years or a little longer you could have most of the remnants of a civilization covered up by dust and buildings crumbled by the degrading effect of the solar wind and radiation.

So if your a civilization that lives on mars and at the time had started their first steps in rocketry or had interplanetary travel, you would know that their is a planet that has abundance of water. Then as this cataclysm happens or happened people need to evacuate the planet and maybe their isn't enough ships so only the wealthy and politically connected or even the scholarly are allowed on the few ships and whatever left have to make do in finding their own way to survive or keep making ships. People always say that aliens should have super advanced technology, well relative it would look advanced to a ape man if you flick on a bic lighter and showed fire coming out of it. These people could have been on ships that were built in orbit and had regular rocket engines or an equivalent that took maybe a few months or even a a few weeks to get here. Once in orbit they either had the ability to crash land the ship or had landing craft as one time landers to land how many people that was brought and whatever they had that they could bring to this new planet. So they land and either leave the ship in orbit or made a promise to send it back to mars to load up on more passengers.

This could be the people that where said to be the annunaki and other beings that made man from ape or used homonoids as their workers. Because if you look around the world and at artifacts like the baghdad battery and others, it looks as if things where being reproduced as best as they can from an original that either no longer worked or their was no ability to make these things anymore and the visitors had to make do. I think at first they had their materials and equipment to make things easier but since it was hard to get replacements and things they had to use whatever to replicate a copy of the process or device to do what they needed. And over the course of the tens of thousands of years the number of people that came from Mars would not have had the ability to maintian a stable society so their forefathers where looked at as gods and things where taught as magic and (like the Adrian wall in England back during Roman times) it may have been impossible anymore to tell the "Martian people" from the homonoids or homosapiens of Earth.

I don't like Rush Limbaugh, but he had a 7 minute diatribe about mars and people coming from mars after it was destroyed and colonizing earth. People say he was making a joke and making fun of people, but why should he. What he said during this time was essentially agains the big corporations like Haliburton and things and I don't see Rush going against anything that for one he is a member of and two where he has an audience that will listen to him regardless. I think that he told the truth in parts and then threw in a bunch of stuff in order to make it seem like a made up story. But as I said before, why even go their in the first place it's so out of character for him.

www.youtube.com...

www.australia.to...:rush-limbaugh-exposes-secrets-of-mars-ufos-the-power-elite-and-yales-sk ull-a-bones-society-by-dennis-whitney-&catid=88:the-unexplained&Itemid=165

edit on 8-9-2010 by hoghead cheese because: problem with youtube embedded.

edit on 8-9-2010 by hoghead cheese because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2010 by hoghead cheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIONICLE ALEX START WITH THE BIBLE befor is to late, thats mor important than any of this.

The Bible? Well when you can tell me where Cain's wife came from and where the Dinosaurs are in that book, then I might take a look at it again.

Perhaps no one takes your claims seriously because you can't be bothered to back them up.

Just saying

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I would also like to add to your post the information that J.P. Skipper has posted on his website. He believes it is artificial and goes into some deeper explanation of what it could be.

Mars Cydonia "Face"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join