It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Excellent post and touches on my own thoughts about Mars and life. To me it all comes down to the thought that unless Martian evolution was on a very fast track , life didn't get very far on Mars before conditions got extreme (at least compared to Earth). Its really to bad that Mars didn't stay in that warmer/wetter phase because by now so many of the fundamental questions of "Life" would be answered. The questions of structures to me though is non starter, there is nothing I've seen in any Martian picture that would lead me to even think for a moment that intellect was at the root of their appearence.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ha ha ha how wrong people think about Mars? There are people living on Mars at this time. They live under ground not like us.

There is life on Mars like there is on Earth.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
on the show ancient aliens it showed the pyramids on mars to be in the same arrangement as the ones on earth, did anyone see this?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ever thought that the reason all cultures tie Mars to war and fighting and masculinity and destruction is because, IT'S THE ONLY RED #ING DOT IN THE SKY?!!!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, with your naked eye you can clearly see that MARS IS RED.

HMMMMM RED......FIRE.......I wonder why people tie FIRE with MASCULINITY and WAR?

It's just common universal knowledge that fire is masculine, and water is feminine.

War is masculine. Destruction is masculine. Creation is feminine.

There is no way any culture on earth could know about some ancient war or civilization without some sort of hard proof existing today. Get real.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Awesome presentation and great thread. Very interesting, to say the least. Also, I have never seen the picture with the evenly spaced "structures". However, with that being said, I noticed a small inaccuracy in one of your statements.

One thing that does not appear in nature are equally spaced objects. These would be a sure sign of some type of artificial construction. Here´s such an image from Mars:

Actually, equally spaced objects do occur naturally on Earth (though very rare in geology), such as the pedals of a flower, the leaves on a branch, the waves in the ocean (sometimes) or the legs on a crawfish.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e968923dbb55.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/829455a1d458.jpg[/atsimg]

However, equally spaced objects don't usually occur naturally in geology, though sometimes they do, especially when biology or force due to the elements forges such an occurrence. Take the geology of Ghana for instance, where there is equally spaced belts of Birimian "metalavas". Each belt is approximately 90 km apart from each other and they all go in the same general direction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/def0d8118a43.jpg[/atsimg]

With that being said, it is very rare to see evenly spaced objects in geology that are naturally occurring, at least here on Earth. As far as Earth having evenly spaced objects that are naturally occurring, it is usually in the realm of biology, which lends to your point.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome thread.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just search for the meaning of Adam.....here's what I found.
The word Adam, pronounced: A-dəm (English), AH-dahm (German, Dutch, Polish), ah-DAHM (Russian)
This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew אדם ('adam) meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Akkadian adamu meaning "to make". According to Genesis in the Old Testament Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew אֲדָמָה ('adamah) "earth"). He and Eve were supposedly the first humans, living happily in the Garden of Eden until Adam ate a forbidden fruit given to him by Eve.

Isn't that strange that Adam also means "red" . I've also heard the meaning is "to make blush" (the ruddy colour of human skin) Is this a coincidence that Mars and Adam both mean red??? Maybe Adam and our civilization came from Mars.....Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

and you know this how exactly,because we're all dyin to know as well .

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Its to damn obvious for me that we are the remnants of the ancient mars.When it flourished with life. Look at the the the facial pictures and stuff. An our diversity of human cultures had once mingled millions of years ago. even pictures of helmet like structures or artefact's

Its almost like the roman empire had find away to travel to mars!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think any Mars anomaly thread is complete without a link to:

marsanomalyresearch.com...

Even if you don't believe the evidence presented, he clearly points out all of the obfuscation in the NASA provided photos. It it is obvious they do not want us to see everything... What are they hiding?

I personally believe there was once, possibly still is, an advanced level of society on Mars. Sad that we, the public, get left out of the loop on the expeditions that we pay for.

anywho...

edit on 8-9-2010 by 5MaveN5 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I think that "Adamah" having come from the red-earth and then, because of the Red Satan seducing him, haven FALLEN to Earth, there may be some truth to that idea.

I think the "red devil" is a more modern development not something originally associated with Satan.

I heard a theory that red people being the "devil" comes from the ocre bodypaint used by ancient men. You can still see such in tribal regions, where a red paint is applied to the warriors as they head to war.

This thread is absolutely fascinating. Why is Mars associated with war? Why is Venus associated with birth?

It is unnerving to modern academics when they find instances of where mythology was predictive of modern knowledge.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

They must have read the book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Jeez, how else would the ancients know? Nah, in all reality, mythology was borrowed and expanded upon from culture to culture. The devil could have been red due to the fiery image of hell.

In the beginning of the 14 century, Dante Alighieri (known simply as "Dante"), created an epic poem titled "La Divina Commedia" (Divine Comedy), to which "Inferno" was the first of three parts. We know it today as "Dante's Inferno". Anyway, in this epic, Dante linguistically painted a medieval picture of Hell, consisting of nine "circles" of suffering inside the Earth. From this epic, we get our current perception of hell, or at least the roots of it. This is most likely where we get our perception of the devil being red.

--airspoon

edit on 8-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Dante no doubt influenced modern viewpoints on hell/hades/negative afterlife.

But the reference of Mars as masculine/war and Venus as feminine/birth goes back to the earliest recorded religious histories of mankind. It is a mindset that influenced mankind for at least the last 5000 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The probability of nature showing several equally spaced objects is zero. This is why no rebuttal of these images has come up to this day.

Very interesting thread Sky !

Would you consider these formations as evenly spaced .....

Sand dunes :

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It is fun to speculate on images from another planet being actual structures or not, but without sending an archeological team there, it is hard to be certain of anything.

I am surprised that an archeological team would be unable to get funding for a project to Mars. If anything did come from such excavations, anyone funding such an endeavor would get great publicity for their companies, (I would expect more than one company funding such an excavation). Even if there was nothing more than geological discoveries made, the ones who funded it would more than likely still get publicity for their companies.

As for finding volunteers to go to Mars for such a thing, I don’t think they will be in short supply, if anything there would be more than likely an overabundance of people signing up for an archeological dig on Mars.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

As for finding volunteers to go to Mars for such a thing, I don’t think they will be in short supply, if anything there would be more than likely an overabundance of people signing up for an archeological dig on Mars.

Count me out. I've been on some archeological digs on Earth, and I have no particular desire to spend any more days lying in a cramped hole in the dirt, brushing dust with a trowel. And someplace even colder, where I have to bring my own air? No thanks.

It's funny to me that people would supposedly be so interested in any ancient civilizations on Mars, but there are some really fascinating ancient civilizations on Earth that most people just shrug their shoulders at. Familiarity breeding contempt, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
proponents of electric universe theory have offered a fact-based explanation for the mars domes:

link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ec590fbe92f.jpg[/atsimg]

In simple appearance craters and “domes” look surprisingly similar to craters with embedded spheres in Dr. Ransom’s experiment (lower pic). In contrast to the rover blueberry images, the “domed craters” range in size from kilometers in diameter down to a hundred meters or less, with many indications of others just beyond the resolution of the cameras.

At the present time, Ransom’s electrical discharge experiments have provided the only fact-based explanation for these anomalous formations. It is only reasonable, therefore, to ask if the “blueberries” and the domed craters were produced by the same electrical force, acting on widely different scales. We must also emphasize that, from the electric vantage point, the agent that created the domed craters would have left its signature in other ways as well.

too bad modern astrophysics does not include electrical forces in the universe, otherwise they would explain a lot of anomalies without going into dark matter/black holes mysticism...

edit on 8-9-2010 by donhuangenaro because: added theory after electric universe

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Yes excavations can be tedious and boring until something is discovered which makes all the long hours of sifting dirt, sitting in cramped holes while using a extremely small brush (makes the noisy cricket in MIB look huge), sleeping in packed tents (when available), and eating food out of cans, even heating it on occasion before eating it, seem all worth while.

Yes there are many discoveries to be made on earth, but moving archeological digs to another planet is also one way in which we may find a way to terra-form another planet so we can have an alternate planet in case of an unavoidable natural disaster from destroying all of mankind, a way in which we can preserve our species in case of such an event. The only way to preserve our species from such disasters is to move out amongst the stars and if an archeoligical dig on another planet is a stepping stone, so be it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In this thread, these objects were determined to each be exactly 800 feet apart (more examples can be found in that thread).

No, the objects that are around 800 feet apart are not those, and they are not even from that photo, it's this photo.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pictures Contributed by BIONICLE ALEX:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b5a609576ae.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fed22902a3b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Now all we need to know is where they are sourced from and whether they are fake.

If they are fake they are very inspiring. If they are real they are sensational.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join