It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2010 by Ostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2010 by Ostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ostman

Nice images, but why post images that show, apparently, someone's imagination?

I don't see how that can help.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Can you think of any reasons?

Any at all?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No, I cannot think of any way those images, posted without any reference, can help the discussion, so I don't see any reason for posting them.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Even though they are fictional the images would inspire me to look at Mars even more closely. Inspiration leads to action. Posting fictional pictures is certainly pointless compared to research or factual pictures but its not entirely useless.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Maybe this one could help, if well analized. Enhanced in yellow by me

edit on 18-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Posting fictional pictures is certainly pointless compared to research or factual pictures but its not entirely useless.

As I am only interested in the research and in facts they are useless to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

As posted (no source, no context, exaggeratedly zoomed in) it doesn't help in any way.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Exuberant1

No, I cannot think of any way those images, posted without any reference, can help the discussion, so I don't see any reason for posting them.

They looked like pictures of what mars would be like if the environment was different.

Perhaps it has been theorized that ancient Mars looked similiar to these images and that is why Osten posted them here, instead of in a 9/11 thread. I certainly don't think he was posting pictures of Ancient Jupiter, or Venus with a different environment.

Clearly he does not know how things are done around these parts.

Did you think he was posting non-mars related pictures or something?

edit on 18-12-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This coul help.
Hellas Basin Region. "Falls in Hellas Basin" image on Google Mars
You can find coodinates in the image.

Context and dimensions

edit on 18-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
They looked like pictures of what mars would be like if the environment was different.
The problem is that the environment is not as different as it shows in some images.

Did you think he was posting non-mars related pictures or something?
Posting images of what Mars could be if it was different is almost the same as posting non Mars related images, Mars is not like that and there aren't any references that it ever was like what those images show.

It's like me posting an image of what I would look like if I was a cat.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That's better, now anyone can see where the first image came from and try to find better images.

I remember discussing those images some time ago, but I don't remember anything special about it, I will have to look.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's like me posting an image of what I would look like if I was a cat.

A more apt analogy would be posting an image of what you would look like with a beard.

So long as we knew it was you - like we knew Osten was posting Mars (on account of we are so smart here), then we would all know what you were up to if you posted nothing but the pictures, especially if you digitally rendered yourself and added a digital beard.

I would see them and think "look, it's armap showing us what he thinks he'd look like with a beard, what a clever guy; this reminds me of that one mars thread" ...Or something like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

I don't know. My immediate connection to Red is Love and Sex, not War and Destruction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d5869e5953c.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a red faced figure, taken from Mars:
blown up to emphasize the "red-face"
and this is "him" in a classic form:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e74f0fab9a2e.jpg[/atsimg]

Taken from a distance, it shows that he is wearing a pair of white boots or sneakers?
There is a glowing bluish right in front of him that should have given this figure a shadow.
His hood maybe be that black but a cursory look whats inside of it shows a red-faced image...
i know this image can stand whatever scrutiny or cursory study and in fact this is what i really wanted...
and then maybe the question of are there people in Mars will help us develop a new approach towards on how to communicate and deal with them...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
With all truth, the invesigation of stories by those involved with the government in what is happening with the moon, mars, and the underground bases has lead to an understanding of what is most likely the truth. Putting all the pieces of the puzzle together it is highly logical to assume that mars was inhabited by a people long long time ago. We have the photographs of the face on mars, towers on the moon and monolith a moon of mars.

In my opinion the Mars people inhabited there maybe 500,000 years ago. They say the towers on the moon or abandoned Grey alien bases. Could that be a little disinformation? If they were abandoned why would the astronauts see UFOs on the Apollo missions?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Posting fictional pictures is certainly pointless compared to research or factual pictures but its not entirely useless.

As I am only interested in the research and in facts they are useless to me.

Here's a snip from a hi-res pic taken from a Rover (from upper right of picture):

And a closer view:

What does that look like to you?

Full pic can be found here:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

That looks like a high albedo rock sitting on another rock.

The bottom of it is not flat, which is why it casts shadows on both sides.

*When I take off my glasses, it looks like a half-buried skull.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

That looks like a high albedo rock sitting on another rock.

The bottom of it is not flat, which is why it casts shadows on both sides.

*When I take off my glasses, it looks like a skull.

I would have said it looked like a mask of some sort. As I'm not sure what a high albedo rock is, I guess I'll have to do some research. Do you see any other high albedo rocks in that full pic?

Also, from the same pic, i see what appears to be a smooth faced, square rock with a recessed square notch in the center (see below). Is that just a weird effect of light and shadow? Does "nature" make rocks that are square?

Square rock, smooth face with what looks like a recessed square notch in the center (a little above the mid point of the arrow line):

Closer view:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Also, from the same pic, i see what appears to be a smooth faced, square rock with a recessed square notch in the center (see below). Is that just a weird effect of light and shadow? Does "nature" make rocks that are square?

It looks like we are seeing two rocks in that picture.

But I know what you are seeing, from this perspective it looks like a single rock with a notch in the center though.

Edit:

Here is one for you, I forget the image number though:

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join