It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
S & F
Excellent post, thank you! I am fascinated by Mars, and even more so since stumbling upon ATS. The more I read the more I believe that it is highly possible/probable that WE are Martians. I can't wait to read more of this thread. Especially the part about the equally spaced objects.
Again, thank you..

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great thread,

Didn't know anything about the evenly spaced structures.

My only reservation about that is why use an earth based measurement, the metre, en.wikipedia.org... as a measurement on Mars?

There may be a logical expanation, this isn't my strongest area of expertise by any stretch of the imagination, it's just something that struck me as a lay man who has a deep fascination with the subject but a lack of more than a basic understanding of the more technical issues etc.

I certainly believe that there is so much more we have to learn about Mars.
Does NASA know more than it let's on?
Possibly, even probably.
Does it know everything?
I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

....I believe that it is highly possible/probable that WE are Martians.

While that's provocative, and fun to contemplate, it seems less and less likely, when looking at the facts of all life on Earth, and how it is inter-connected deep down genetically.

Still, the notion has been very often bandied about in quite a lot of Science Fiction. There was even a big-budget motion picture about it.....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

My only reservation about that is why use an earth based measurement, the metre, en.wikipedia.org... as a measurement on Mars?

This is my thought on the use of Earth based measurements. It doesn't matter what you call the process used to measure it or how you measure it. They are still equally spaced, it doesn't matter what form of measurement you use or what you call it even if it is on Mars. They are still evenly spaced.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I want to know what that structure at 32 seconds is too. Maybe spacevisitor can shed some light.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I want to know what that structure at 32 seconds is too. Maybe spacevisitor can shed some light.

I found that pic yesterday in a youtube video. I messaged the account member who uploaded it. I am waiting to hear back from him/her. The member has some pretty interesting videos with pictures I have never seen before.

I have only found it in blogs with no links to the original. I really want to know where that is and if you can see if from Google Mars.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I understand that and agree with you.
It's just that I would be far more comfortable with it if they measured say something like 786.84metres apart.
Maybe it's something as simple as they rounded it up to 800metres, which woulld be fair enough.
But wouldn't you think it was odd if it is exactly 800metres.

I know it's probably nothing, just curious.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I understand that and agree with you.
It's just that I would be far more comfortable with it if they measured say something like 786.84metres apart.
Maybe it's something as simple as they rounded it up to 800metres, which woulld be fair enough.
But wouldn't you think it was odd if it is exactly 800metres.

I know it's probably nothing, just curious.

If they are evenly spaced whether it's 800 meters or 786.84 meters apart, they are still spaced the same distance between each object. That in itself is odd and makes me believe they were made by either us or another life form.

Just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
.In ancient Rome Mars was simply called "The God of War", based on all previous civilizations associations.

That's not true. Mars was not originally a god of war to the Romans but agriculture. He was associated with fertility of crops and livestock, their protector from pestilence, ruining insects, disease-bearing animals and predators. For a culture of farmers he was perhaps the most important god to their everyday lives; in the Roman mind Mars rivaled Jupiter. And it was this importance to farmers and association farming that lead to Mars becoming associated with war. As early Rome came into conflict with her neighbors, Romans would sacrifice to Mars to protect their farms from foraging enemy armies. And in the Republic, soldiers were the landed. Farmers. As Rome fought her neighbors and became expansionist, these soldier-farmers preyed to the most important deity in their lives for protection. Thus Mars transformed from a god of agriculture to that of war.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One thing that I have picked up on is the ancient stories of Mars and the colour and one of our ancient ancestors named it because of its storms and all.

So without telescopes and satellites, how did our ancient ancestors know this to name a god after it.

Ive looked at night, and its just a speck of light in the distance, i couldnt make out the colour, so how did they do that too.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think that aliens have been visiting earth for a long time and that there is a tremendous amount of evidence for this, so it's no great leap for me to imagine that they have also visited the moon, Mars and the other planets in the solar system and possibly set up bases and outposts there.

It could well be that a variety of aliens have been visiting this solar system over thousands or millions of years, since I am personally convinced that there are many old and well established civilizations in this galaxy that have been doing space travel for a very long time.

We're just not a full member of this galactic civilization yet because we are still adolescents living in a state of anarchy, and have not yet made enough progress in dealing with all out social, economic, environmental and war problems on earth.

I do think that in the past 50-60 years the aliens have sent us a VERY strong signal that they are here and that they're watching us closely. One would have to be in total denial not to see that at this late date, and have to discount every single witness, government document, video, picture, sighting report, and contact as fake--and there are millions of these now, including numerous witnesses from the military and intelligence communities who say that contacts have been made and some alien technology has been made available to us by one means or another.

At this point, even many governments have tacitly admitted that it's all true, even if they have not said it openly. The French and Russians have come closest to admitting it openly, though.

I think the evidence is just overwhelming that they are keeping a close eye on us, but ultimately the future of earth will be up to us, not them. They don't show any great deisre to intervene openly in our affairs, although some of them seem to be collecting all kinds of "samples" covertly, like this was some kind of zoo or game reserve.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
The more I read the more I believe that it is highly possible/probable that WE are Martians.

Im interested in the idea that a few survivors of a huge war or disaster migrated from Mars to Earth, founding a new civilization.

Somewhere I read that the word "Adama" (as in Adam, first man) is connected to Mars. I have to look into that (or maybe someone reading this will).

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There is only one way to look at that theory really, and that is they came to Earth and either took over from the neanderthals, or they cross breed and we are part them and or part mars person.

They wouldn't have managed to get to Earth from Mars and then become cave men.

So it would tie in with them arriving on Earth about 8,500 years ago which co-incided with the pyramids, and then you got to ask your question would mars have deteriorated that much in 8,500 years to how it looks today from what it was.

1000 years

10000 years

[edit on 8/9/10 by multichild]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm having difficulty accepting that as plausible.

As I mentioned, looking at Human DNA and RNA, and amino acid bases and any number of other factors --- we share with all life on Earth, every other species, way way down at the fundamental level. (Talking fauna here, not flora --- but might also be true with plants. Shall look it up).

Adaptation difficulties, too, must be considered. For a species originally evolved in a gravitational field only one-third of Earth's.

Finally, barring all of that evidence, there is the idea of nutrition, and ability to digest, derive nourishment and survive on foods that aren't "native" to your environment. IE, "alien" in nature, and separate in their evolution.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Apologies if it seems like I am labouring the point but maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough.

I agree that the equal spacing suggests that the structures have not been naturally formed.

The metre is an earth based measurement system initially intended to be one ten millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole.
en.wikipedia.org...
This has been redifined several times with the advancement of science.

Given that the structures are on Mars one would have thought the structures would be some sort of Martian based measurement constant apart, which may indeed be approximately equal to 800metres.

Would it be a fair assumption that if the structures are exactly 800metres apart then the manufacturers must be Earth related?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Is it what your saying, is that its the 800 bit and not that they are evenly spaced.

As in if it was a different measurement system used on Mars at the time, and we measured it using meters, it would be say 823.46meters, but in their measurements it would be 4 adamatons, lol or whatever

[edit on 8/9/10 by multichild]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
That's not true. Thus Mars transformed from a god of agriculture to that of war.

I realize thats the official-version. I disagree with it because the greeks, egyptians, sumerians (upon which Rome based its Mythology) see Mars as the God of War.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Apologies if it seems like I am labouring the point but maybe I'm not explaning myself well enough.

I agree that the equal spacing suggests that the structures have not been naturally formed.

Would it be a fair assumption that if the structures are exactly 800metres apart then the manufacturers must be Earth related?

I understand what you were saying

Yes it is fair to assume that the manufacturers of these could be Earth related given the measurements.

I have my own beliefs that we are on Mars and have been for years, albeit underground is my thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I think (opinion, remember) that the "800 metres" issue is a non-starter.

Firstly, without actually physically being there and measuring precisely, it is an "estimate". As pointed out, it is the regularity in spacing that is at issue, and any accidental relationship to "metres" or "feet" or "inches" or "greblocks" (units of lineal measurement on planet Bellagrab Three) is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I think (opinion, remember) that the "800 metres" issue is a non-starter.

Firstly, without actually physically being there and measuring precisely, it is an "estimate". As pointed out, it is the regularity in spacing that is at issue, and any accidental relationship to "metres" or "feet" or "inches" or "greblocks" (units of lineal measurement on planet Bellagrab Three) is irrelevant.

Thank you! That is what I am trying to say

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join