It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

It's strange that all cultures identify mars as a god of war or destruction.

Maybe.

I'm not a scholar on that topic, nor have looked much into it. Could it be, merely from a standpoint of its color (as I think was mentioned earlier)? And, this is something else, until modern astronomy the nature of planets (Greek root word that it derives from meant "wanderer") was not known, and they tended to be more noticable, because they seemed to "move", against the backdrop of the unmoving stars.

Perhaps (by coincidence??) there were multiple instances where some pitched battles were fought, at the same time of close proximity of Earth and Mars in their orbits? And, none of the other "wanderes" that are visible to the naked eye glow with the same intense and obvious "color"?

Speaking of ancient battles among humans....I'd tend to think (and history should bear this out) that they occured very frequently --- many probably not even in recorded history, only the "bigger" ones perhaps.

Plus, the natural Human tendency to have selective memory.....

BTW, good pictures of the "Giant's Causeway" formations, from Ireland. Excellent example of Nature doing some weird things, eh??

edit on 10 September 2010 by weedwhacker because: BBCode

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Totally agree with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
It's untrue that nature can't create patterns.

For example:

img3.photographersdirect.com...
raympoon.playgroundhk.com...

But i found more interesting those widespread culture references about mars. It's strange that all cultures identify mars as a god of war or destruction.
There would be a great evidence if two different cultures develop same references about mars, without contacting each other. That would prove there isn't any influence.

Those are good for RC Rock Crawling, nice .

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rutters1983
I believe that there is something on Mars but I am very unsure on these glass tunnels.

They are regular lighter colored dunes in shallow canyons. I hardly think that a culture advanced enough to build glass tunnels is going to make them so irregular. Even us primitive, 19th Century humans were able to build railroad tracks that were reasonably straight.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And few words about those glass tubes. For me it look like little sand dunes at the bottom of the canyon, maybe made by water. And we can clearly see that bottom of canyon is concave not convex.
Most of your "findings" are gibberish piece of crap.
Highly advanced civilization, higher than mankind, because martian supposedly develop interplanetary flights without problem, that had been destroyed would leave lot of structures. I bet they could be even seen clearly on surface. Imagine if our civilization had fall, and some aliens would investigate earth few thousands years after cataclysm. They would find lots of buildings. Even after milions of years there would be many signs that advanced civilization lived here.

If we can find dinosaur bones in good condition even on surface[arizona findings, or in chile], then it's probable that steel tank would outlast 3-4 million of years.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

There are a few interesting pictures on his website. However, after reading his report, about the death face on the moon being constructed by et's to scare away humans, the only statement that I'm willing to believe from this man, is that he and Jose Escamilla spend each night together, clad in tin foil, gazing at the stars through a kaleidoscope, whilst trying to get high from smoking dried banana skin

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That's the same attitude that took Obama to be president, keep up your spirit, some day it might take you to be the next president of the united states as well.

YES YOU CAN!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No, Ron Paul was my choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh boy!! which is worst? they both play for NFL you know playing passing the ball and tackle.

edit on 10-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
maybe we should start leaving evidence of ourselves, maybe carving into rocks or placing rocks in geometric patterns. maybe we should begin inscribing our stories, because a million years after all of us humans are dead and gone the only thing that will be left of us is these rock monuments. maybe someday after we all drown, or after our atmosphere evaporates, or maybe after massive solar activity or radiation or nuclear war or any of the million things that could wipe us out does, maybe someone will land here one day right around the area of your backyard and find some rock carving you did or some pattern you left on the ground, and they will think wow these people must have been primitive, these people must have been completely retarded, why not leave something better? but in my opinion the rocks are all that would be left here after a few million or billion years. maybe the ancients weren't so stupid and primitive, maybe they just knew their buildings and their paper and their whatever wouldn't survive the trial of time. in my opinion creating something that will last hundreds and thousands or millions of years isn't so stupid and primitive. maybe they were smarter than we will ever give them credit for.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
And few words about those glass tubes. For me it look like little sand dunes at the bottom of the canyon, maybe made by water. And we can clearly see that bottom of canyon is concave not convex.
Most of your "findings" are gibberish piece of crap.
Highly advanced civilization, higher than mankind, because martian supposedly develop interplanetary flights without problem, that had been destroyed would leave lot of structures. I bet they could be even seen clearly on surface. Imagine if our civilization had fall, and some aliens would investigate earth few thousands years after cataclysm. They would find lots of buildings. Even after milions of years there would be many signs that advanced civilization lived here.

If we can find dinosaur bones in good condition even on surface[arizona findings, or in chile], then it's probable that steel tank would outlast 3-4 million of years.

While I am more certain that they are more probably ice than glass, it is hard to tell from pictures alone whether they are convex or concave. There are many natural occurring possibilities from sand dunes, to lava tubes and even ice tubes. Without going to investigate it is hard to come by an answer.

As for finding evidence of our civilization hundreds of thousands of years from now, even after only a couple thousand years the pyramids were already half buried and the sphinx only had its head sticking above the sand, and this was sturdy construction. Our towers of steel and iron will be lucky if they can survive a couple hundred years let alone thousands, and if our oceans dry up the sand from the ocean floor will be strewn all over the land. What was land will possibly split and fall into old sea beds taking with it any remains of our civilization with it to be covered by sand. You would be lucky to see any noticeable signs there was once a civilization here.

This is one of the reasons I believe that if there was an ancient civilization on mars, it will be hard to find anything of said civilization from photos. Ground penetrating sonar might help, or sending an archeological dig to sites that seem promising, might also work well. Where you might not be able to discern positively if or where there are civilizations, going to places that look like they might be buried remains, based on what we have found on this planet, would be where to start.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
maybe we should start leaving evidence of ourselves, maybe carving into rocks or placing rocks in geometric patterns. maybe we should begin inscribing our stories, because a million years after all of us humans are dead and gone the only thing that will be left of us is these rock monuments. maybe someday after we all drown, or after our atmosphere evaporates, or maybe after massive solar activity or radiation or nuclear war or any of the million things that could wipe us out does, maybe someone will land here one day right around the area of your backyard and find some rock carving you did or some pattern you left on the ground, and they will think wow these people must have been primitive, these people must have been completely retarded, why not leave something better? but in my opinion the rocks are all that would be left here after a few million or billion years. maybe the ancients weren't so stupid and primitive, maybe they just knew their buildings and their paper and their whatever wouldn't survive the trial of time. in my opinion creating something that will last hundreds and thousands or millions of years isn't so stupid and primitive. maybe they were smarter than we will ever give them credit for.

I don’t think too many people this day and age believes that the ancients were stupid; after all it takes intelligence to design and build pyramids. The artwork we have been left with is amazing hardly the work of someone stupid.

As far as leaving more concrete record of their history, not all was inscribed on walls, but their most important information, and it has been determined that it is not as permanent a record as one might think, since newer generations have wiped records of previous ones, and inscribed their own over top, still much better than leaving paper and computer information behind.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lots of ancient building are still in such good condition, because they were supervised by people.

Advanced civilization would make a big sarcophagus possibly a kilometer high, made entirely with anti-erosion, non reactive and resistant material, like boron carbide. They could place most important piece of art and information about their race.

And Mars has an atmosphere and winds, so some places would be covered by sand, but after a thousands years, such place could be uncovered once more.

edit on 10-9-2010 by piotrburz because: adding info

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The buildings that are still standing that have not been reclaimed by forests or covered by sands are mainly standing because of maintenance, and those that are not properly maintained will not last much longer.

The sands helped preserve the pyramids, the parts that stuck above the sands did have quite a bit of wear on them and over time could have come to the same end that out current buildings could face. The forests and jungles, believe it or not, have helped preserve some sites as well, by cutting back the vegetation; we can be causing more harm than good to these ancient buildings. Now that places are uncovered by sands and the forests and jungles have been cut back, these places need to be maintained to keep them from crumbling and eventually disappearing.

Will there be any remains of our current civilization hundreds of thousands of years later? I am afraid not much will be left, not unless the sands and forests cover them like the ancient ones were, which would help preserve at least something.

If a catastrophe comes to this planet and dies up our water, the forests will go, not much will be left to even prove there were once forests here. If anything is left it will be buried by sand and possibly fossilized.

Without water in the soil, roods will dry up, trees will fall over and wither and die, fires will ravage the land burning everything, causing fires the likes of which most humans might have never seen. Volcanoes are more than likely to be active at this time spreading ash and molten rock everywhere, decimating the landscape and burying everything. Earthquakes will also be unleashed upon the earth decimating the landscape even further. Where you could tell there was land masses, would be changed, if you would fill the world with water after this to the point it was, the land masses would not look the way they once did. Eventually the windstorms will pick up scattering the sand across the dried lava flows, making the face of the earth look a lot like the surface of mars.

This planet would look nothing like it did, totally changed, any signs of civilization once being here would be buried below lava flows, and sand blown wasteland.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Remember that atmosphere without moisture, greatly preserve everything exposed to it.

And as i said. Some lands would be covered by thick mass of sand, but some wouldn't. Advanced civilization would live across whole country, so there isn't a possibility to cover all cities.

I know that most of ATS society could easily identify NASA acronym as "Never Admit Seeing Anything" but there's no cover-up evidence. We aren't capable of photographing small objects in decent quality, so there always will be a bunch of people dennying NASA explanations. We see what we want to see.
It's like this picture:

1.bp.blogspot.com...

If nobody tells you about old/young lady in the picture, you will see only one version.

edit on 10-9-2010 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Can any of your firm believers in a NASA "cover-up" who keep making such claims please explain one thing?
IF any such "cover-up" is underway at NASA[, then why are so many people "finding" things, as offered and postulated and displayed here, examples in this thread (and other places).

Simple... the algorithm software on the Rovers that edits out any thing of interest is not perfect and it misses the small stuff. Already covered that and linked to that in numerous threads

I mean, most incredibly, zorgon posted an image that, well to put it charitbly, seemed to have been punking this thread....since it was obviously NOT a "photo", but more of a painting or artist's impression. Is this the sort of thing that should be tolerated??

I see you slipped back to your old tactics of baiting the poster. Had you looked further you will see I linked to ALL the images of the things people have called 'tubes' with all the source data. Better question... should "charitable" attacks like your be tolerated? Do they add anything constructive to the research OR the speculation? It is inherent in human nature to speculate... then the intelligent ones follow that speculation with research, examine all options with an open mind, then draw their own conclusions. Some just prefer to troll

:::Sidebar:::Any references to "marsanomalyresearch" should always be considered in the "fringe" category of just plain 'nutty' --- because the majority that is posted there is questionable. Seems the site owner just wants to get attention, and has no morals about intentionally putting out garbage, just to get that attention.

As you say the "majority" may be questionable but SOME of it is pretty darn good. As to attention seeking... seems others have that issue as well

EG, the "moving" objects? Photo image anomalies, errors in the transmission. So, at least, I guess you could say he's not deceiving....when he calls them "anomalies"....because they ARE, but have very prosaic and scientific explanations.

Really? Did you even LOOK at them before making your sarcastic observations?

Seems to me this is a really good find. Now I have not yet had time to pull the originals to confirm this but since all the originals are linked at Skippers site, it won't take long and I am sure ArMaP will help

Now I promised myself ( and others) not to allow myself to get baited...so call me 'nutter' all you want, but I would rather hang with the 'nutters'... they are so much more fun.

OH and perhaps it's time you reviewed the T&C about name calling and baiting members

Have a glorious day

And BTW... Remember what NASA thinks of all this...

edit on 10-9-2010 by zorgon because: This is a REALLY STUPID feature

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Also.. The black rock in Image 3 under arrow (moving rock images).
Where's that gone to in Image 2???

The thing is, the moving rock actually looks like the clone tool effect in PS.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

My thoughts exactly... Seems I will be busy tonight with this one. That rock also looks more 2D than the rest

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It would take much time for water to fully dry up, during that time there will be moisture in the air and erosion from wind and moisture would be widespread. This would not happen in a month or even a year, it would take much longer. Even once all the oceans are dried up, there would still be moisture in the air. There would be plenty of time to destroy what mankind left behind.

There might be the odd spot where existence of our civilization might show through the sands of time, but would it be recognizable as such without up close study?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Problem with Skipper is he doesn't accept that some of the things in the images are in fact Alien Artifacts
but that they came from Earth and WE are the Aliens on Mars...

Like the debris posted earlier... its sunlight reflected off a piece of the Rover Lander. He also tends to claim 'discovery' on things that have long been known. Kieth Laney, considered the 'Grandfather' of anomaly hunters, who actually worked on NASA images, has had color shots available of our hardware for many years. Doesn't take a hard search to find cool stuff

www.keithlaney.net...

Here is the lander...

Personally I like the true color images better than the old black and white

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join