It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of political correctness (lies)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There's a secret people in the know try to keep from us normal people.

It's a shame you actually have an ideal for humanity that you set aside as "Normal", and include yourself in it and other people do not get the honor of being in said group. I'm sorry, but my definition of "Normal" is someone who not only develops opinions, but behaves both ethically and rationally, and act not to divide humanity into sections, but work with them to construct something incredible. Together. Would you include yourself in my definition of "Normal"?

To stay more on-topic, I think PC was a good idea to begin with, but has absolutely shown that it has some kinks. I don't think it's as extreme as many of you are claiming, but that's simply because I've been watching the government from afar for a while now and I have yet to see any that I would consider intelligent enough to think of something like this because it would require them doing some ACTUAL WORK. I agree that it is degenerating our language evolution process and at this point creating a lot more negative prejudices just because they are establishing that there are differences between groups, politically, which I think is a little ridiculous, but I think it is much more likely that "they" are oblivious to this fact because they are simply too lazy and incapable of preforming the task that the American people expect of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Tell my how my post was racist and I will apologize, honestly.

That's sporting of you. Your post was racist because you chose to use an example of what can only be described as white-supremacist behaviour. Whites are dominant in American society, so anyone wearing a White Power t-shirt is basically rubbing that dominance in minorities' faces. It is completely different from wearing a Black Power t-shirt, which (whatever one's skin colour) would be interpreted as showing solidarity with a disadvantaged minority.

Your attempt to equate two activities that are superficially similar but symbolically utterly different, indeed opposed, made your post racist.

And if you cannot see the justice of this explanation, then I am afraid you must also be a racist. But I'm not accusing you of that. Not yet. Let's see whether you do as you promised, or whether you try to make further excuses for yourself instead.

That will tell everybody what you are.

For now, be well and prosper.

edit on 9/9/10 by Astyanax because: of misspelling a three-letter word.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Astyanax

I call It like I see it, if it looks like a dog, if it barks like a dog, it must be a dog.

This is a very dangerous way of thinking that is very common among ethnic-extremists. I am 100% caucasian and it embarrasses me that you think it is weird that if someone were to say "White power" it would have a different impact on black people than saying "Black power" would have to a white person. First of all, the T-shirt reference is something I recall hearing from the Spokesperson from the KKK at the time; it was just as sad back then and it's a shame that people still think like this.

Martin Luther King was setting a foothold for black people to be accepted and respected rather than simply tolerated by the dominantly white public; it was a revolution in ethical behavior of western society. "Black Power" is a symbol of a "group" of people emerging from a time that was historically not in their favor whatsoever. Saying "White Power" is, in a way, condoning the thoughts of the Klu Klux Klan and their ideals of what they think America should be. And if everyone thought like the KKK, we would probably all be living in trailer parks right now.

I'm still waiting for the public to fully embrace people as they are, which is just people. Maybe one day we'll all be screaming "Gay Power" and no rednecks will think that someone is trying to "convert their children". Maybe one day the general public will be mature enough to accept what people do with their own bodies. Maybe we'll stop formulating "opinions" based on things we really know nothing about, and instead decide not to make this opinion before we have some sort of grasp on the situation -- maybe even consider the input of people that are being singled out as they might even know a lot more than you about it because its what they have done every single day of their life?

But, yes, your post was pretty unethical, deconstructive, and ignorant.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Brood because: Adding a thought

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

People with "Black Power" t-shirts are making a statement that their race is superior to other races. You can make all the excuses you want, but when a minority makes a statement like that then the majority will resist. If you want to afford the freedom of showing "pride" for one's race to Black people, the same has to be given to all other people. (Equality remember? That means taking the good and the bad.)

While what happened to older generations of Black Americans is tragic, things will never change if we keep allowing ourselves to be divided. Wearing "Black Panther" / "Black Power" t-shirts is INTENSIFYING division between the races.

edit on 9/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't feel that an apology is warranted here, I think you may have taken me out of context as I was comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges. I will apologize if I hurt your feelings however, so I am sorry If I touched a nerve or I insulted you in any way and I apologize for the head up the butt comment. Please don't take this as an insult but, if you believe that whites go around rubbing their "dominance" in the faces of minorities you are naive and gravely mistaken . Where I live in the states I never see it, honestly what I and many others see is the exact opposite. The only whites that do the domination thing are, in my honest opinion, the white equivalent of Muslim extremist, the neo nazis or skin heads that yell racial slurs and harass minorities.
Are you aware that in some U.S. stateswhites are a minority? www.topix.com... And whites are a minority in many U.S. cities?news.bbc.co.uk...
Blacks can beat up whites and police aren't allowed to file hate crime charges even if they yell racial slurs while doing it but a white on black crime is labeled a hate crime 9 out of 10 times even if there wasn't any racial slurs involved because "it's a sensitive issue" , were you aware of that? . To me that is hypocritical, biased, racist and down right not right.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Wow, do you get out often? I can understand what your saying but dark ghost is spot on. So basically what your telling me is that there is equality for ALL races except for whites? I would be ashamed of myself If I were you.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and read my first post at the beginning of the thread. Thank you.

edit on 9-9-2010 by kimish because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I want to thank all the people who agree with me that PC is a ploy and that it is against the interests of the human race.

I am amazed by the number of people who agree with me.

"The truth sets you free"!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I gotch your back on this issue. Although evidently I sound like an extreme racists for merely pointing out facts. '
'

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Thanks, Kim,

I know you are not a racist.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I don't feel that an apology is warranted here,

Well, I have already said what I think that implies.

I will apologize if I hurt your feelings however, so I am sorry If I touched a nerve or I insulted you in any way and I apologize for the head up the butt comment.

A fig for the comment. My feelings are immaterial. I am neither black nor white--I am in fact a mongrel, the product of many races--as all modern humans are. The apology you offered earlier should not have been to me, but to your fellow members in general, for sullying a thread that has nothing to do with race.

edit on 9/9/10 by Astyanax because: to retract a stupid thing I said about Dark Ghost. Also to clean up the quotes.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Well we are discussing PC'ness and If my memory serves me correct I had stated that I believe the root of it all has to do with races, therefore I appropriately brought race into the equation. '
'

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sorry if this comes off a little condescending, it tends to happen when responding to "opinions" that are arguing against hard facts even though they are very ignorant about the situation in its entirety.

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Brood

People with "Black Power" t-shirts are making a statement that their race is superior to other races.

Seriously, do your research before you argue. Go read Martin Luther King's exact speech; he empowers black people in a time where they do not feel fully accepted by society. It has nothing to do with their race being better than anyone else. It was a response to the arrogant white people of the time who believe they were the superior race, they weren't saying "We have power over you" they were saying "We need some power, too!". I strongly suggest you formulate a strong point before arguing with anyone about this, because all you will do is embarrass yourself. You are quite literally arguing against facts, and your only support is this kimish fellow who is equally as misled.

reply to post by Brood

Wow, do you get out often? I can understand what your saying but dark ghost is spot on. So basically what your telling me is that there is equality for ALL races except for whites? I would be ashamed of myself If I were you.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and read my first post at the beginning of the thread. Thank you.

edit on 9-9-2010 by kimish because: edit to add

You have a lot of growing up to do, kid. Hopefully you learn to interpret plain English first. I am not even subtly implying that anyone is MORE EQUAL (whatever that even MEANS) than anyone else, I certainly didn't disagree that it is ridiculous how easily things are labeled hate-crimes when they target people of different races even though it is clearly completely unrelated, and I am more than aware that white men seem to be the only people that can't call some form of hate prejudice to their beck and call. I'm simply stating facts and expressing my opinion on how you are wrong on one point because your are misled and you really don't know what you're talking about (another fact); there is no need to get all offensive on me.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Anyways, amongst the nonsense....

I do think it's a little ridiculous that in the U.S. that happens, but you have to understand that it is mainly because your cases are resolved by a jury having the final say. Most people just laugh at the idea of a white person being the victim of a hate crime, although it is entirely plausible, In Canada the final ruling is by the judge, and in almost all cases of racial slurs against white people from people are other races are actually fully charged as hate crimes, in the same fashion the case would be carried out if it were a white man being charged with the same offense. The truth is, the general public doesn't accept a white person's claim to hate-crimes against them because it simply sounds too ridiculous.

These legal hangups on this are limited only by the publics' own prejudice, and what a vicious cycle it is that it will continue to spin in.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Your post was racist because you chose to use an example of what can only be described as white-supremacist behaviour. Whites are dominant in American society, so anyone wearing a White Power t-shirt is basically rubbing that dominance in minorities' faces. It is completely different from wearing a Black Power t-shirt, which (whatever one's skin colour) would be interpreted as showing solidarity with a disadvantaged minority.

This is the problem with political correctness.

What you are trying to do, is justify a double-standard that shouldn't be there.

This is not equality.

Anyone that wears a ''white power'' or ''black power'' t-shirt is equally guilty of shallowness, incitement, and ignorance.It is exactly the same activity, but you are trying to justify purely along racial grounds.

How is that racial equality ?

You are 40 or 50 years too late, if you think that black people are disadvantaged in the USA.

There are thankfully laws that upheld racial equality in the USA today.

Your attempt to equate two activities that are superficially similar but symbolically utterly different, indeed opposed, made your post racist.

They aren't similar, they are the same.

The same shallow action of defining yourself by something as arbitrary as race, or skin colour.

I don't think that Kimish's post was racist. On the contrary, I took it to be him pointing out the double-standards that are abundant in Western society.

And if you cannot see the justice of this explanation, then I am afraid you must also be a racist.

Nonsense.

I am afraid this is an example of you playing the race card:

''If you don't agree with my opinion, then you're a racist.''

There is no justification in your explanation, other than your own racially biased opinion.

You are attempting to justify one person doing something, while criticising another person for doing exactly the same thing, purely because of some arbitrary genetic factors of the individuals.

Now, that does sound racist, and is the absolute antithesis of racial equality.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, everyone who is throwing around the "You're a racist" comment is only falling deeper into the realms of political correctness..

There is a fine balance between morals and political correctness, however people should grow thicker skins..

Idiots

edit on 9-9-2010 by Truth_Hz because: my punctuation is terrible

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
Seriously, do your research before you argue. Go read Martin Luther King's exact speech; he empowers black people in a time where they do not feel fully accepted by society. It has nothing to do with their race being better than anyone else. It was a response to the arrogant white people of the time who believe they were the superior race, they weren't saying "We have power over you" they were saying "We need some power, too!". I strongly suggest you formulate a strong point before arguing with anyone about this, because all you will do is embarrass yourself. You are quite literally arguing against facts, and your only support is this kimish fellow who is equally as misled.

Welcome to the year 2010, Black People are accepted by society today. It is now illegal to discriminate against somebody in terms of race. I respect the work MLK did and the changes he effected. There is NO need in modern society for Black Americans to walk around with t-shirts saying "Black Power". Do you think Black People are the only ones that have had injustices committed against them in the past? You are living in the past and expecting everyone else to change.

Treat others how you want to be treated. If you DON'T want White people walking around with t-shirts saying "white power" then don't endorse Black people walking around with t-shirts saying "black power". Stop calling people racist just because you don't like their views. Your arguments so far only suggest a deep level of hypocrisy and double-standards.

edit on 9/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

And I thought it didn't take a Sherlock Holmes to work out the double-standards. Well, I was wrong. Thank you Mr. Holmes, well said.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Star and Flagged

I am sick of all of this. Babying other groups because of their skin color or preferences. PC Is the sissification of the US and apparently soon the UK as well. This "machine" of words drives me insane and I am young yet.. ish. "PC".. these two letters represent the rest of the spine that we are missing in society to stand as one. With it we are divided into nay-sayers and have to be careful around everyone in our daily lives; so much bloody restrictions. I could go on further about the substance of television now-a-days or a few realizations on life and the laws... but alas, I would be straying from the point of this post.
When you realize that you in fact aren't really that different from any other person, and that you aren't going to live forever, then what is the point in worrying about using the language we learn to speak about the world before us? Meh.... Where did this all start? LoL *Cali?*

Great start OP. Now to get this as an awareness instead of the people having enough of this... thats a long ways away. What Would Clint Eastwood Do? heheheh

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Sorry about that war thing - wrong post.

But I believe that the truth sets you free - I am quoting someone - don't know who - but it is so right.

Thank you for that.

It has truly made my day

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

If you DON'T want White people walking around with t-shirts saying "white power" then don't endorse Black people walking around with t-shirts saying "black power". Stop calling people racist just because you don't like their views. Your arguments so far only suggest a deep level of hypocrisy and double-standards.

edit on 9/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

Take a look at who brought up this t-shirt thing in the first place. Black people aren't actually going around provoking white people about this. It is just something you and your uneducated friend have fabricated and have been arguing with me about relentlessly and brainlessly for the past day now. Even if this scenario happened, both of them wearing the T-shirts, of course the black person's is going to be less provocative because people recognize the actual SAYING, unlike the white power shirt as it could really only see it as either an immature outburst of a failing white rebellion, or a failing attempt at white supremacy. Either way it fails. It is a very selective world that you live in. Again; consider, research, analyze, discuss.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Brood because: elaborating

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join