It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving a Part of Yourself to Others.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I was thinking about this today.

What I mean by the thread title is how when giving someone a gift or item, you are really giving a small piece of yourself to that person. Let me give a couple of hypothetical examples:

- You cook an amazing meal for your friend, taking extra time and effort to make sure it is just right. You have put great amounts of love into the dish. Your friend takes a bite and you know they straight up dig it. You feel very accomplished as the cook and everyone is happy and feeling the good vibes!

- You are stuck working at a fast food restuarant. There are a bazillion orders up on the screen and you hate your job. You hastily and mindlessly make an order for a burger. It looks sloppy and you put no effort into it. When the customer gets the burger, he notices it tastes bland and boring. Now your negative energy has been given to the customer and their food.

- Your friend's birthday is coming up, and you know just what you are gonna get her. You spend 3 days making a beautiful drawing for her, and you put oodles and oodles of love into this very special drawing.

It is now her birthday. You hand her the drawing and she is beyond amazed. She gives you a hug and a kiss on the cheek and you know your friendship has now grown exponentially.

So yeah, there are some examples to get us started. Hopefully you understand what this thread is all about. It is really all about intention. What kind of vibes are you putting into whatever you give someone? This could be food, advice, a 10 page essay to hand into your college professor, anything really.

As seen by the birthday example, even a piece of paper with a drawing on it could have very deep meaning and good vibes put into it.

So yeah, I would love to hear your thoughts on this phenomenon, and any personal stories you may have on the subject matter.

-SES

[edit on 8-9-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hi SolarE,

This reminds me of something my mother always said - "A sour cook makes a sour meal".

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Excellent thread topic! Thank you so much for posting this!

In my everyday "real life" I try to give of myself as much as possible. I feel that I have led a blessed life even if it's had some pretty bumpy patches along the road.

I'm the kind of person who would literally give a total stranger the shirt off of my back, if they were in need of it. I can't begin to count how many times I offered another my last dollar simply because their need of it was greater than my own.

The one thing I have learned in this regard, though, is that much of the time all a person in crisis really wants is for somebody to simply listen to them - to offer an ear so that they can be heard. And by being heard to be recognized and validated as a person. It's amazing how much charity can be offered to others simply by being willing to listen to what they want, or need to say.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you for your words. The reason why I write this article is because I now understand the art of giving.

I learned how to charge an object with positive energy and pure love and aloha from my mom. When I was very young and going to preschool and such; before my mom dropped me off, she would kiss a tissue with lipstick, and she would hold it to her heart and transfer her love for me into it. She then would tell me, "Whenever you are feeling scared or alone, hold this kiss to your heart and know that I will be there with you, giving you my love." I mean come on, how special is that?

Now that I am much older, I have also learned how to do this with great success. Instead of kissing a tissue, I transfer my energy in a different way. I love to draw. Recently, I have been drawing one symbol in particular, one that has great value for us all.

Take a look at my avatar, and the go to my pictures and check out where I got the idea from. It is a real life object who has taught me so very much.

Moving on, I draw this symbol all the time (not the body like in the avatar, just the sun dreamcatcher itself)

To me, it is a very powerful symbol of warmth, protection, massive amounts of good vibes, and unity. When I feel a person can benefit from it, I part ways with one of these very special drawings that I make of my Sun Friend.

I know they can feel it, and that is why it is such a great thing to do. When you pass on the good vibes, it benefits everyone involved. Because this good feeling will continue to spread out into the universe. So it is a win win situation for everyone.

This thread right here; I am giving a part of myself to all of you, and it has been charged with my positive energy and love for you all.

Pass it on.

-SES

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Very nice SeS.

All you mentioned gets even better when we do all that without conditions. Not expecting to get something in return, but we may enjoy the results of course.

Anyways it is always good to see people to understand

-v

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Very uplifting thread. Although I must say SES that I think it is important to not get attached to certain symbols or specific "things" thereby endowing them with attributes that could be entirely fictitious. The attraction to possess something of great value or significance is powerful...as is the desire to know the answers to questions that are frankly unanswerable.

We may easily escape into fiction and affirm value or belief upon something because it provides us with a sense of importance or satisfaction, but I think at this time it is important to stay based in reality as I think it would serve as a good grounding for what may come in the future.

Warm Regards,
Rajaten

[edit on 8-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Totally. I just happen to love to draw this symbol.

Even if I were to draw a doggie, I would still be able to transfer that same "feeling" into that drawing and piece of paper. That feeling of love, warmth, etc.

I can also transfer that feeling through a heartfelt hug.

It's just Sun Buddy is my fave right now.

Don't worry, I do draw other things and have other outlets of giving a part of myself to others.

Thanks for your input!

-SES

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Im glad to know you accept my constructive criticism
I know in the past I have been obsessed with certain symbols or ancient artifacts and literally couldnt get them out of my mind haha.

The message of kindness and compassion can be transmitted in many ways, your method is delightful SES.

Warm Regards,
Rajaten

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Good question SolarE-Souljah!!

The first thing that popped into my head is the fact that it maybe isn't the present but your unconscious behavior that the recipient is picking up on.

If you have made a meal for a friend and you are really proud of the result, you will express this emotion unconsciously through body language. The recipient is unconsciously picking up your positive mindset. Not knowing why he is getting this positive feeling he concludes it must be from the food.

I wonder what would happen is you would set up a controlled environment and present dishes to people in the presence of the person who made it and where the cook is absent. Also have a group eat dishes made by a grumpy cook and by a happy cook.....wonder what will happen.

S+F

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Very cool. A nice scientific way to look at it. Genius.

I know I have been less enthusiastic about food if the customer service representative was grumpy. For sure.

Good addtion op mindcrime!

-SES

top topics

join