It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats your favorite pistol?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Daecollo

Anything I can own without a license in Australia...

and that ain't any..

*&^%

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

As we've seen the development, design and worldwide acceptance of every Glock model and caliber, one model has all but been ignored - the G18/G18C. These are Glocks that offer the option of fully-automatic fire. The Model 18 has three external changes from the original Model 17: a left side, slide-mounted fire control or selector switch; a barrel that extends past the front of the slide and three horizontal and diagonal cuts that run across the top of the barrel to act as a compensator (the same design used on the 17L and 24 compensated models).

Glock 18 , but i would take a peace maker over it anyday

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have two favorites:
Ruger P-94 .40 cal
FNH 5.7 x 28 w/ 20 rd clip.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A Ruger .22 works great to the back of the head, close in. The way I like it. Quite too. Good inside a house.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I like a Ruger .22 auto pistol, small, light, no recoil, doesn't make too much noise in the house.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Another 1911 fan here. Shot just about everything and a govt. model is still my normal carry gun. It just feels right and to be entirely honest I have nightmares about my others jamming. Second runner up is my Glock 19.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Taurus Raging Judge stainless steel 6" magnum revolver.

Fires .454 Casull, .45 Colt and 2.5"/3" .410 shotshells....Awesome.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Springfield XD, Israeli Arms Baby Eagle, both in .40 cal. S & W.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
1911, hands down. I do have shooting stories. I'm here; they're not. Bigger is always better, I'd prefer to not be shot with anything, but if I had my druthers, I'd rather be shot with a .25 acp, not with a .45 acp. In standard ball ammo configuration, .45 acp wins hands down. The single action speed and the crisp trigger with a brain in charge is deadly. I carry a fullsize 1911 in an SOB hoster with two spare mags unless I'm in shorts and then I carry a Kahr E-9 with hi performance hollow points in a Yuaqi (jackass, southwestern, mexican etc.) slide with 2 spare mags. If you are going to carry, then carry. 2cents

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If we are talking about a combat pistol for carry - Heckler & Koch P30 in .40S&W, LEM v1 trigger, Trijicon night sites.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Currently, a P89DC.
Sure, a 9mm doesn't pack near the punch a 45 does, but I can fire 5 rounds to 1 for the price.
Looking at the new Tarus "Judge" with a 3" Barrel.
45 Long colt
454 Casul
410 shotgun (2 1/2 and 3") bird to buck
410 "sabot"

I like my Ruger---it doesn't bite the web like the 1911 45acp.
The "Judge" bites like a MF!!!!

But you only need 1 shot.
Drop a Griz or a Semi.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree with the 1911 fans out there and I also agree with all of the benefits of a revolver so that was my last purchase. I spent more than I should have but I am giddy over my S&W 327 TRR8. 8 shot .357 5". Point and pull. No clips,slides. S&W also make a snub nosed .357 for concealment but I would say that the kick from that would be quite the ....well..kick.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm more than happy with my M&P .40

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The one thats not pointed at me.
Great southern land so i have to make do with slingshots,should be interesting in an alien/zombie infestation.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Colt Combat Commander .38 Super. Gun story? I had been out shooting one day and decided to drop by my parents on the way back home.I had several guns in the truck, all unloaded except the .38 which is my "always ready". Driving down the road i looked in my rear view mirror and saw a car coming up behind me pretty quick, and being in a neighborhood full of kids, the speed limit was 35, so that's how fast i was going. When he got directly behind me he started honking and gesturing for me to speed up. Like I said, lots of kids in the area so I'm not gonna do it and this seems to just set him off. Even with the radio on I can hear this idiot screaming and cussing, leaning out his window to discuss my genetic background. I got about a block to go, so, I'm doing my best to just ignore him. Now he gets so close to the rear end of my truck I can't see the hood of his car, so I tap my brakes to get him to back off and that just made him madder. I get to my folks driveway, pull in and this guy swings in right behind me. I shut off the truck and get out but leave the door open. He gets out and starts YELLING, cussing and basically threatening to do bodily harm. I can smell the alcohol from 10 ft away so I know this is not gonna turn out good. i tell him to get in his car and go away in very unpolite language and he says we'll see what happens when I get in the car. He reaches back into the car, under the seat and when he straightens up he's staring at my Colt from 3 ft away and you could tell from his expression this was not goin' as he imagined it would. He learned a lesson: Never bring a club to a gun fight.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some fancy pistols you all have :p

I know one of my favorite handguns is the cobray m-11.. Some of you underworld typesm ight recognize that name lol.

I agree with everyone that you can't beat a revolver's accuracy though. I really love the way a single-action gun rolls in your hand with the kick too. My personal arm right now is a .44 magnum Ruger Super Blackhawk. That's a mean piece of iron.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Glock 17... 9mm o'fun!

Great accuracy, tritium sights, works in every condition, don't have to pull the trigger all the way forward after the first shot, cheap and abundant ammo, great stopping power, and it's just a beauty of a gun!

second choice?

Walther P99
Great looking gun, same ammo/stopping power, same sights, just a little harder to operate than the glock (need to pull the trigger fully every shot & the slide sits a little higher than the glock)...

Just my 0.02$

Magnum

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hey- thanks for the input.
.i'm going to cheapout and have the cz82 makarov 12 shot in mind for 200.
small rugged simple common. -cheap ammo.
the keltec pmr 30 shot in 22 magnum- thats very appealing at 400.
i've leaned towards bigger revolvers..had a 44 special charter arms i miss.
ruger blackhawk.. taurus is fine by me.
i have my shotgun- but feel naked without a sidearm.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Depends on what the pistol is for. For defensive situations I prefer my Smith and Wesson Sigma SW40VE, many people don't like them, but after a few minor tweaks, it is one of the best pistols I have ever owned. I also really like my Hi-Point C9 (9mm). Yet another gun that catches a lot of flack, but mostly from people who have never fired one, and are going off anecdotal evidence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join