It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Detroit Burning 20 Homes Destroyed"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow! with a lot of these homes unoccupied, it sure seems like more than mother nature may be at work in this one.... Also, it stretched the Fire dept. to its breaking point, what would happen if more fires than this took place, scary thought, well at least no one was injured as of yet...

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 7-9-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Fire department is saying it's not arson, just downed power lines and very strong winds spreading flames. Many of these homes burning are next to each other in clusters, so it's no surprise the fires are spreading quickly.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

Understood, well if the fire dept. says it's not arson, than that must be correct.....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It looks like the Detroit area has been abnormally dry, combined with windy conditions.

US Drought Monitor:
www.drought.unl.edu...

and current windy weather from the weather channel:

www.weather.com...

Detroit Weather
Updated: Sep 7, 2010, 9:45pm EDTUPDATE DATANearby TruPoint Locations: Detroit Metropolitan W... | Comerica Park |
Forecast:
Clear Temperature:76°F
Feels Like: 76° Past 24-hr
recip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in Wind:From WNW at 17mph gusting to 30mph

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks, I know, just like here in Colorado....www.adannews.com...

This one caught my eye (Detroit) because my son just told me he is moving there in a few weeks.....www.freep.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's been Really windy here today. We have had Gale warnings. If we were out west, this day would have been a really good day for a wildfire to just go crazy. In the City of Detroit proper, some neighborhoods houses are literally just an outstretched hand away from each other.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

You're right. We can't trust the firefighters because they're covering something up. We can't trust the MSM because they have an agenda. We can't trust the independent news outlets because they still have a slant on topics. We can't trust the independent bloggers because we don't know their credibility. We can't trust eye witnesses because we don't them and they may be lying. We can't trust....

It's probably just the government firing up HAARP to create gale force winds to burn down the city. The utility poles were designed to collapse and start the fires with the push of a button from a remote location. The fire department was purposely allowed to be delayed from attending to these fires and were undermanned intentionally in order to thin the population and infrastructure even further in the city of Detroit. The firemen were told to lie about the cause of the fires by the reporters and they were the ones that pushed the button that happened to be in the newsroom to collapse the pole just so they could report the story.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
atleast no one was killed in these fires so far. But i do smell lawsuits on the horizon unfortunately. And they will probably win millions of dollars. The city of Detroit and DTE have no one to blame but themselves for their negligence!

The city should have been more financially responsible with the city's money and planned for hard times. DTE Should have sent the closest lineman to investigate the sparking line immediately.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

The city should have been more financially responsible with the city's money and planned for hard times. DTE Should have sent the closest lineman to investigate the sparking line immediately.

What??? So now acts of nature are something the city should be responsible for financially? I'd love for you to find me a lineman that would have been out trying to repair that line DURING a gale force windstorm. I think your expectations are unrealistic.

new topics

top topics

join