It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote For A Muslim?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Simply put, yes I would.

Because my reasons for voting for or against a person, has NOTHING to do with their religion. It has nothing to do with their skin color, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else like that, either.

I vote for some one because I believe in their stance on the issues. I agree with what they would like to do. I vote for the one who I feel can best get the job, that I would like to see, get done.

Look, to anyone that looks at a persons religion, or anything else like that, when you are voting, take this into consideration.

Religion, gender, sexual orientation, skin color... It is all irrelevant. It is a distraction. The people who tell you to pay attention to that, rather than the issues ( Media) are people you should not listen to.

Get your own opinion. Don't rely on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or any of the alphabet news networks to tell you what to think... Hell, don't even listen to me

look, my opinion is that it is best to vote for someone because you feel they are the best person for the job, not because of their religion....

I don't know, that is just my thoughts.... So, yeah, I would vote for someone who was Muslim. My criteria for " Best person for the job, does not include gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, or anything else for that matter...

To those who do include those criteria in your voting process, I must ask, do you include that when deciding who you want as a friend? If so, you are missing out on a lot of great people.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe, maybe not. I suppose it depends on how religious he was.

The more religious they are the less, generally, they are of my way of thinking far far more often than not. Personally, I marginally marginally less respect for Islam than I have for Christianity, so I don't have a lot of respect or tolerance for religion of any kind really.

While the content of one's ideas is certainly most important, we can not rule out religion, considering it's foundation is irrationality to begin with, as a force for all sorts of poor choices.

Peace
KJ

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Question: Would You Vote For A Muslim?

Answer: Imagine

Edited to find an embeddable video

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Are you really a mod?
Any other religion and i would not disagree but islam is
not just a religion it is a law, a constitution even.

Therefore it is not just a matter of voting without being
a biggot, its voting with regard to laws. Making islam the
exception( seperate from all other religions). Then theres
the SHARIA FACTOR!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Religion is completely separate from race so not voting for someone because of their religion would not make you a racist. Not all Muslims are Arab for crimeny sakes!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Islam is not a form of government. Islam is a religion. A theocracy is a form of government that bases its laws on relgious ones. A theocracy is when the religion's god is seen as the leader of the country and country is governed by religious laws of whichever holy book the religion adheres to.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
On February 27th, speaking to Kristof of The New York Times, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

I guess a Christian can say this, except he's on the golf course more on Sunday's than at any church.

I would not knowingly vote for a muslim, which the media now has a history of not reporting accurate religious views.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
i never voted for nothin in my whole life.
i dont recognize authorities.
unless theres a gun to my head.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Wow, without knowing me thats kind of a funny assumtion you made......I would really appreciate it if you retacted your statement, as it doesn't even make sense. Someone asked me a question, I answered it....more integrity than you have my friend.....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I've heard the Muslim call to prayer. I think it is pretty sound, too. I've heard Arabic music. I think it's nice. I've also heard Asian Indian music. it's pretty also.

Can you elaborate on why you would not vote for a Muslim?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Let me put the question in another way:

Would you vote for a person who believed in Santa Claus?
I mean, really believed in Santa Claus?

Does it matter that he had a book about Santa with all kinds of stories and that he really believed them?

Now, what if this Santa said in his book that all the other Santas are fake and only he was real?

This isn't about Islam, it's about all of the religions that have gripped humanity and enslaved it to various degrees at various time periods.
Islam just happens to be the latest and most tenacious of them.

I wish for that day when everyone will perceive spirituality directly without the charlatanry of organized religion.

When that happens there will be no need for Islam, no need for Christianity, no need for any of it. They will fade away naturally and no one will miss them; like the reminiscence of a bad dream humanity had just woken up from. Are there people who regret they have woken up from a nightmare? Maybe there are such people, but most are relieved.

I doubt that at that time we will need presidents, leaders and the like, but that's another matter.

I'm holding my vote until then.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by tungus]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'd vote for someone who is colored purple and believed in flying rainbow
unicorns if they would....

1. End the Fed

2. Cut government spending--balance the budget

3. Enforce the constitution

Seriously, I'd even vote for a blue satanist with six fingers who believed
in Santa Claus and had a penchant for diving naked into vats of green yogurt.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Vote for a Muslim?

I'm not sure.

I'm not voting for anymore Christians; that's for sure.
Look at the job they've done so far.

Anyway, I never vote FOR anyone; I always vote AGAINST someone.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Islam is not a form of government. Islam is a religion

This is the biggest load of BS i have read on this site,
You could not be further from the truth, how on earth
could you beleive this to be fact? Forgive me if you are
thirteen.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

Originally posted by nunya13

Islam is not a form of government. Islam is a religion

This is the biggest load of BS i have read on this site,
You could not be further from the truth, how on earth
could you beleive this to be fact? Forgive me if you are
thirteen.

Islam is a religion. No if and or buts about it. That's like saying Catholicism is not a religion it is a form of government.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Would You Vote For A Muslim?

Asa society, we really have become the nosy neighbor who likes to peep in the window or eavesdrop from behind the fence.

What difference does it make if the mayor is Muslim or the dog catcher is gay? Who cares what religion the street repair crew is?

If folks were to spend more time attending to themselves, they would have less to worry about everyone else.

Put the tabloid down. Pay attention to your kids and spouse.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's seems reasonable to say, "Yes why not vote Muslim", in a pluralistic society like ours, or to argue that religion and politics don't mix. However this is a very simplistic mindset that ignores a number of fundamental truths.

The first truth is that your belief system matters. It colors everything that you do. Most people claim to be christians in the US, and yet only 9% actually have a Biblical worldview.
www.barna.org...

Among those who claim to be christian and yet fail to have a Biblical worldview, there is virtually no difference between them and the rest of the population in regards to STDs, divorce, drug use and every other social ill that plagues America. Among those who actually believe something however, the results are quite different.

If you actually believe in a spiritual dimension, then you should realize that belief systems will bring you under the influence of spiritual entities whether good or ill. Islam is a very dark and frankly evil spiritual realm. Jesus said "by their fruits you will know them". The fruits of Islam are violence, slavery, misogyny and poverty. You all know this, even if you are afraid to admit it, because of your irrational programming that requires a straight-jacket of political correct thinking.

Thus from an informed and common sense perspective, being a Muslim is a HUGE issue, and one should never consider voting for one for office. Our forefathers understood these basic principles, but careful programming has removed common sense and spiritual sensitivity from the masses.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes. I would. I have done before when i lived in a majority Asian area of Glasgow. I voted in the recent local elections for a Mulsim woman too. There was a good mix of people running but her policies and attitude was easily the best.

If they have the right policies and appear to be the best candidate then why should religion, colour, gender, or anything else be a consideration?

People who would not vote for a Muslim, even if they are the best candidate running, are the ones that are ruining democracy as we know it. Only their bigoted views control their vote and not the policies of the candidates. Some people would rather have some crap white Christian guy running the show than a decent Muslim with good policies. How very sad for us all.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Nammu]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Religion should not be a problem, but look what happened to Mitt Romney (Regardless of his politics, you cannot ignore how his religion played a part in the fact he was not nominated. Being the better candidate of McCain and such.)
Is America ready for a Mormon President?

I mean, the question posed by the paper is not reporting but using a loaded question to begin readers at a certain point in their understanding. It is to instill a question that will ping in the back of peoples minds as they read, even if positive things about the person.

So is the United States of America ready for a Muslim president? No, in a very blunt way.

While I tend to exclude religion and politics as much as possible, you cannot ignore the statistics of practicing (or even just claiming as their religion) Christians within the United States.

With that. The backlash isn't necessarily against Islam or another religion, but more towards the change of general culture. Take for instances headlines in which predominately Muslim countries that still have stoning, cutting off hands for stealing, and blame a woman for being raped.

It is much more the cultural difference than the religion difference. That is why I believe that majority of Americans would be okay with the ideas of a practicing Jew, as they more align with their beliefs, that being the Old Testament.

Is the Muslim faith were more aligned with the Christian faith or even Judaism, then I think the people of the United States would have no problem with it. That said, we must look beyond just simple religious ideals and holdings to what has contributed vastly to this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join