It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof The US Army TRADOC believes protesting is Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I FULLY support peaceful protest and salute those of you who have taken time to show others the issues we need to be looking at.

I'm going to attempt to post my very first post since this bullsh** 20 post minimum thing is finally off me. What i am going to show you are 5 photos from a unclassified training book made by The US Army TRADOC. TRADOC is just a silly acronym for Training doctrine and command. It means the Initial entry training portion, aka boot camp. The name of the booklet is TRADOC Pam 600-4 dated September 2006 which you will clearly see in the upper right corner of the first photo. You can get the publication directly at www.tradoc.army.mil according to the first page in the book.

While reminiscing through the book and skimming through pages relating to the medal of honor recipients and who is awarded it, i found the most peculiar thing i never noticed before. I think I'll let the photos speak for themselves but it can be found on pages 3-26 and 3-27

i1034.photobucket.com...
Front of the book

i1034.photobucket.com...
Full photo of book

i1034.photobucket.com...
Terrorism page

i1034.photobucket.com...
The page number

i1034.photobucket.com...
Definition of terrorism according to the US Army

Now i know some people will go on to discredit what is exactly being said here. It says in clear print under terrorism, avoid public demonstrations. So let me pull out the ol' dictionary and look up what demonstration means for those who are unaware of the meaning.

dem·on·stra·tion
n.
1. The act of showing or making evident.
2. Conclusive evidence; proof.
3. An illustration or explanation, as of a theory or product, by exemplification or practical application.
4. A manifestation, as of one's feelings.
5. A public display of group opinion, as by a rally or march: peace demonstrations.

Notice peace demonstrations is directly quoted in the dictionary as what a demonstration is. I find this very typical but at the same time concerning. Is it just me or does anyone else find this interesting? Input? Hate mail? All appreciated

P.S. Not sure if i put this thread in the right place, forum mods let me know if i should be somewhere else

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think what they are trying to say is that, if you are overseas, and you are alone, do not go near a demonstrations. Regardless of what they are doing, it is best to just keep your head down and avoid what is going on.

The Army has a slew of anti-terrorism training and most of it focuses on you not announcing your presence and letting it known you are a Soldier. You avoid things like traveling in uniform unless on official business (may still do to try and get first class). Don't talk to strangers, etc and whatnot.

It doesn't say that peaceful demonstrations are terrorism, just something to avoid to not get in trouble.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I would say its incorrect...clearly the context of the sentence and the page was on how to...not get blown up in high risk areas.
Sorry, but a US Soldier should probably avoid the death to america protests overseas for some rather commonsense reasons...

as far as breaking apart the words, meh...you can break it apart further

demonstration...
demon-stration

demon: things of hell....
Stration: is a family of computer worms that can affect computers running Microsoft Windows, disabling security features and propagating itself to other computers via e-mail attachments

This proves it...demonstrations are tools of the devil to kill the security of your windows machine...

context is important.

anyhow, welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Shocking!!!!! When stationed overseas you should avoid crowds of protesters? Thats just crazy talk. Surely one should look for mobs of people while in foriegn countries and join them. What could possibly go wrong? Seriously am I missing the point of this thing other than it promotes common sense? And where is the terrorism connection?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think you misunderstood the point of what it was telling the soldiers.

As has been said, it is warning soldiers, to stay away from high risk areas, for their own safety. It is not suggesting that protesting makes you a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awory
I think what they are trying to say is that, if you are overseas, and you are alone, do not go near a demonstrations. Regardless of what they are doing, it is best to just keep your head down and avoid what is going on.

The Army has a slew of anti-terrorism training and most of it focuses on you not announcing your presence and letting it known you are a Soldier. You avoid things like traveling in uniform unless on official business (may still do to try and get first class). Don't talk to strangers, etc and whatnot.

It doesn't say that peaceful demonstrations are terrorism, just something to avoid to not get in trouble.

I understand what your getting at, but no where in any of the pages either prior or after the said photos does it say or imply overseas...it merely states when traveling. Which i agree, traveling in uniform was never a good idea these days

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I would say its incorrect...clearly the context of the sentence and the page was on how to...not get blown up in high risk areas.
Sorry, but a US Soldier should probably avoid the death to america protests overseas for some rather commonsense reasons...

as far as breaking apart the words, meh...you can break it apart further

demonstration...
demon-stration

demon: things of hell....
Stration: is a family of computer worms that can affect computers running Microsoft Windows, disabling security features and propagating itself to other computers via e-mail attachments

This proves it...demonstrations are tools of the devil to kill the security of your windows machine...

context is important.

anyhow, welcome to ATS.

Again as i just stated, no where does it say or imply "Overseas", which its only common sense you wouldn't attend a protest over seas in a high risk area. Lol you can break the word apart as well, but i read the context. Hell its right in front of me. Besides if you read all of the principles it talks about, it talks about involving your family and children, which if you want to break it down means they are with you. Last time i checked, a soldier don't have his family "in country". What you can imply is that all of the information (Principles stated) are when in the US. Just show me where it says overseas....anywhere for that matter

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
And where is the terrorism connection?

Am i missing something? Look at photo 3....its even circled so there is no confusion yet people are still confused? Bold print and circled TERRORISM. I don't know how much clearer it can get. Then under the said title principle lima (L.) states Avoid public demonstrations. You don't have to read between the lines to see what its referencing

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I think you misunderstood the point of what it was telling the soldiers.

As has been said, it is warning soldiers, to stay away from high risk areas, for their own safety. It is not suggesting that protesting makes you a terrorist.

Again ill address the issue of asking what a demonstration is. If i'm reading this wrong like everyone thus far is stating, then why is public demonstrations listed under terrorism? Why couldn't the title be Ways to improve safety or ways to travel safely? Why is it that the title says "Terrorism" in clear bold black and white print? Playing a devils advocate here i'll flip the coin and say the only plausible excuse would be terrorist activities are often present when traveling and the paragraph listing public demonstrations as ways for terrorism to veer its ugly head, hence the association to the title.

Also thanks for welcoming me to the website...i hope to stir sh** up

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You have to remember this is an IET handbook, Initial Entry Training. They aren't going to make this some complex or specific tome. It is really quite vague and gets read by a private that is just enterting basic and has had about 2 hours of sleep in two days.

new topics

top topics

join