It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Usain Bolt set a 200 meter record and ran 18.9 sec, but time was changed to 19.19 ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im not sure if sport conspiracies apply in there forum anywhere at all, but i found this to be very interesting for a few reasons. First reason being, why wouldnt they give Usain Bolt a 18.9 record and instead let it be above 19 second, 19.19 to be exact, is it because they know he can run much faster and preffer him to get another record in 2012 olympics to make it more exciting?? Another reason, could it be because Usain Bolt is from a different county? (record was set in Germany) Could it also be because if he did actually "officially" run 18.9 then he would get more accused of drug use? It was a big deal when the 10 seconds was broken for the first time in the 100 meters, it a big deal to break 19 seconds in the 200 because last record was held by Michael Johnson with a 19.32, and that stood for a long time. Regardless, my point is, even something as unpredictable as seconds can be manipulated, and go by being unnoticed by anyone. I dont take all of the credit for this find, someone else posted this fact on youtube, im just trying to spread it more to anyone else that might be interested.

First here is a picture of the finish line pause, you can see the time as his chest is at the finish line

i17.photobucket.com...

and here is the video of the race, and you can pause it yourself at the finish line to be sure.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by NickT916]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

I would be more interested in seeing the on-field clock , the on screen time graphic may of been dodgy .

August 20, 2009

After a false start by France’s David Alerte, Bolt took the lead and steadily pulled away from the field after making the turn. The on-field clock originally listed the winning time at 19.20 seconds, which was then electronically rounded down a further hundredth of a second.

link

There would of been many Usain Bolt fans, trainers and family members watching the time too ...... why haven`t we heard from them ?

new topics

join