It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier kills 2 U.S. soldiers, wounds 9?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well it took one week. But of course we are no longer in combat situations anymore, right?

Link to story-Iraqi soldier kills 2 U.S. soldiers

Snippet-

They are the first American deaths in Iraq since the U.S. combat mission officially ended last week.

The attack occurred inside an Iraqi army commando compound when the soldier, clad in an Iraqi army uniform, fired on the U.S. soldiers near the Salaheddin province city of Tuz, the U.S. military said. The attacker was shot and killed.

Maj. Gen. Mohammed al-Askari, a Defense Ministry spokesman, identified the shooter as Soran Rahman, from the Iraqi army's 4th Division.

Al-Askari said Rahman got into a fight with U.S. soldiers, and then pulled his weapon and fired on them before he was shot dead. The spokesman said a joint U.S.-Iraqi investigation into the incident was under way.

Related stories-

First American soldiers killed since Iraq frontline withdrawal

Two US soldiers killed in northern Iraq shooting

Two US soldiers killed, nine wounded in Iraq

From the last linked article-

Two U.S. soldiers were killed and nine wounded on Tuesday when a gunman in Iraqi army uniform attacked them at an Iraqi base, U.S. officials said a week after Washington declared a formal end to U.S. combat operations.

Hey, but combat missions are over right?

So, when 2 are killed and 9 wounded, that is no longer combat right?

I am wondering if they are still getting hazard pay or combat pay. Do they still have that adjusted pay-scale?

But Obama stated combat was over there. So I will file this under an anomaly. Yep, anomaly. Took only one week for the anomaly to happen. Oh well, nothing to see here, just walk away.

edit to fix number wounded, also had to add, so a Iraqi soldier gets in an argument and kills 2 and wounds 9. hmmmm, something really FISHY about that story

[edit on 7-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sad news. But Soldiers kill each other. Humans kill each other. This isnt the first time "allies" have shot and killed each other.... Dont read to much into this

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The first question is: How do you kill people that aren't supposed to be there?
The second question is: Why are we fighting more now than we were leading up to our official off-duty status?
The third question is: Why the heck don't we pull out the remaining troops until an actual plan can be conveyed?
The fourth question is: At what point do we realize that Iraq is not capable, or simply doesn't want to, fill the shoes that we have left and instructed them to fill?
The fifth question is: How long is it going to take for people to realize that in ten years we can simply swap the name Iraq with Afghanistan and have the same story?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Well, 2 killed and 9 wounded. I would say this was more than a couple soldiers getting into a draw down.

Notice one of the articles stated this-From BBC link

The US military says they were shot by a gunman dressed in Iraqi army uniform near the town of Tuz Khormato, 210km (130 miles) north of Baghdad.

Another stated it was an argument over sports. Yep, the last time I got in an argument with a Vikings fan, I went postal.

Also, another soldier now has been killed in another incident.

Seems to my conspiracy mind, that they do not want anyone to think that combat is still going on.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I think the US military is extremely lucky in that the losses are so small.

If an invading force was in my country after pretty much destroying it....
There would be hell to pay.

I'm sorry for the troops losses!! Bring them home!! Oh yeah, we gotta protect those pipelines and wells for Halliburton.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well, Halliburton has made all there money haven't they. Oh wait, all the contractors and mercenaries. You are right, hey like many have said and will say again.

Enough with policing the world. Enough with interventionalism.

I wonder if it will ever change. Ol Bama is the same as Bush same as Clinton ad infinitum.

Oh well, the war must go on!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

The fourth question is: At what point do we realize that Iraq is not capable, or simply doesn't want to, fill the shoes that we have left and instructed them to fill?
The fifth question is: How long is it going to take for people to realize that in ten years we can simply swap the name Iraq with Afghanistan and have the same story?

you are right,,,
Iraq has no formal government or indiginous leadership.... they have a ship of state without a rudder

i am saddened that a iraqi went postal on some americans that thought they were in a stronghold sanctuary...
more armed patrols are needed in the friendly compounds i think

then the USA/coalition forces need to be seperated from the local (& unreliable troops) they are not screened as are the Americans w/ their chain-of-command/code-of-conduct

For myself...it all reverts back to the 'nuke 'em all, take names later' Attitude...i hate to say it but i'm being honest here

new topics

top topics

join