It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Universe Survey; Just look at the Questions!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm not expecting anybody to fill out 26 questions. But the questions themselves, are quite an interesting way to explore how much we don’t know, about our wider reality.
They would help confirm that (as long as we remain inside a human body) the one thing we can take for granted is nobody knows anything, about anything.
Other than that, I expect this survey could help any alien, logging onto ATS (to learn about humanity!!)

On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate the following questions…

Our Universes size
A. How likely would you say it is that the universe is already completely infinite:
B. Practically infinite, but currently still expanding
C. Ultimately it will reach a finite size, at which it will remain
D. Ultimately it will reach a finite in size, and will one day collapse, repeating itself

Our Universes Significance…
How surprised would you be to learn…
E. Our universe is one of an infinite number
F. Our universe is one of a large-virtually infinite number
G. Our universe is the only one, in all that exists

Aliens…
H. There are advanced alien life forms visiting earth
I. There are time travellers, from our distant future, visiting the earth
J. UFO’s are partially the result of paranormal spirits-entities
K. UFO’s are exclusively the result of paranormal spirits-entities
L. There are no Aliens, no efforts at cover-up beyond keeping secret classified technology.

Planet Earth…
M. Has locations that can act as gateways to secret dimensions to other times
N. Has locations that can act as gateways to secret dimensions-other worlds
O. The Earth is hollow, with a secret world hidden inside

Lack of Takeover…
How likely is it…
P. Aliens know about us, are capable of colonising Earth, but are unable to take it over due to diseases, oxygen levels, atmospheric pressure ect.
Q. Have practical desire, but lack any moral-political desire to do so
R. Have practical desire, intent, but are currently too busy with the other planets!

Ghosts & Paranormal…
S. There is an afterlife, and ghosts as a product of travel to or from this place
T. There is an afterlife, but no ghosts of people just other spirits
U. There is no afterlife, but there are ghosts of no-intelligence
V. There is no afterlife, and any ghosts are an illusion

Religion...
W. Mankind would be more worse without it
X. Would be better without it

Government was…
Y. More democratic in the past, than today
Z. More ethical in the past, than today

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The odd thing about question 1 is that the universe can be both infinite and also expanding at the same time and can be infinite but decreasing in size.

One infinity can be larger then another. The famous example is the Hotel Hilbert Imagine an infinite hotel where every room is filled up, now an infinite number of new guests arrive,

It is possible to accommodate a countably infinite number of new guests: just move the person occupying room 1 to room 2, the guest occupying room 2 to room 4, and in general room n to room 2n, and all the odd-numbered rooms will be free for the new guests.

You now still have an infinite number of guests but it's a larger infinity.

Have a look here

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
1-5 is difficult without 5 options, unless you're looking for a score on each, but they are kind of mutually exclusive choices... so, I'll put down my own personal ideas on them...

Our Universes size

B. Practically infinite, but currently still expanding
(the idea of a collapse would be in keeping with other items in the Universe though...but doesn't seem to be trending that way yet)

Our Universes Significance…

I'm a bit dubious on the whole multi-verse theory. Part of me says it's physicists just trying to make their equations workable. My idea of it is one Universe, though we are limited to our interpretation of it by our 5 senses, and the instruments we have thus far devised (that then translate the data into something readable to our 5 senses).

Aliens…

From available evidence, it seems likely we are being visited/observed by beings from other worlds. I wouldn't be completely surprised to learn of no such visitation, but it really wouldn't fit the evidence, in my opinion. I seriously doubt the time travel idea, as I doubt the phenomenon itself (i.e. other than that which is supported by physics). The whole idea of a "paradox" to me is laughable, as it would seem to require the Universe "resets" based on the change, etc. I just don't see it as possible to go back in time. I will grant that there are paranormal cases involving data from the past emerging in the present (i.e. radio waves, even perhaps other metaphysical phenomenon, such as ghosts, and the like, etc.), but I think even this has more of a basis in the fabric of reality, than the idea of traveling to the past as some kind of physical destination.

Planet Earth…

Never bought into the hollow Earth theory, or the idea of parallel dimensions much, so I'd say all of the choices seem unlikely. (i.e. no real Star Gates)....

Lack of Takeover… (Alien)

I don't think this is any lack on the aliens part, other than a lack of desire. I personally think we're being observed and monitored (and basically quarantined). I think we may be on the fast track (galactically speaking) of tech development, and that they feel we are outpacing our ability to be responsible with it. If they wanted to take us over, they would have done so by now.

Ghosts & Paranormal…

I think there are different kinds of entities that exist beyond our 5 senses. Some are native to such "areas" of the Universe, and others are consciousnesses that have passed on from their physical bodies. In addition, there is also the possibility of a psychic impression on a place, person, etc. which could be like a looped psychic "movie" that could explain some hauntings and sightings.

Religion...

Religion is fine. Organized religion is trouble. Organized and absolute religions (i.e. we are right and all others are wrong) are dangerous. (us vs. them mentality). In this sense, even Atheism would apply, at least to those who vehemently oppose other faiths. (organized, anti-religion, if you will)

Government was…

It was far more absolute in previous times. One person (or even a small body of power brokers) had much more say in the day-to-day lives of citizens. Today is far more democratic. How many nations have royalty (beyond figureheads) for example? Compare this to how many have presidents and governing bodies that are elected. Always a give and take though. In a monarchy or empire, things can happen quick, based on the ruler's whim. In a democracy, everything takes time to get a majority agreement.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A link to the questions would be nice!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

2.5 across the board. i'm 50% sure on half of those inquiries. either that or i am still collecting data on those subjects, and conclusions would lead to premature summaries.

wait ... which end of the spectrum represents what?
does one = i agree or believe with the statement/question..
or does five = i agree or believe with the statement/question?

I, i agree with I. either it has happened or did happen or maybe is happening.

Y&Z are not reasonable. government and governments have been under some measure of martial law for decades, impo. (in my professional opinion)

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

here ya go:
Link to the Questions

We aim to please,
et

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

here ya go:
Link to the Questions

We aim to please,
et

Thank you.

Edit to add "GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Slippery Jim]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

I'm sorry Jim, i'm in a bit of a mood. just jokin around a little.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Slippery Jim

I'm sorry Jim, i'm in a bit of a mood. just jokin around a little.

Your arse deserves a whupping!

Hopefully someone else will do it because I'm really not into that type of thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The odd thing about question 1 is that the universe can be both infinite and also expanding at the same time and can be infinite but decreasing in size.

One infinity can be larger then another. The famous example is the Hotel Hilbert Imagine an infinite hotel where every room is filled up, now an infinite number of new guests arrive,

It is possible to accommodate a countably infinite number of new guests: just move the person occupying room 1 to room 2, the guest occupying room 2 to room 4, and in general room n to room 2n, and all the odd-numbered rooms will be free for the new guests.

You now still have an infinite number of guests but it's a larger infinity.

Nice.

Another thing people don't realize (or just never pause to think about it enough to realize it) - there are more irrational numbers between zero and one than there are whole numbers on the entire number line.

Still, question one reflects a basic truth - the universe is either infinite now or it's not. If not, then it never will be.

Harte

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Glad people liked the questions (no link as I wrote them Slippery Jim) and many thanks to davespanners enlightening first post; up till now I’d always thought of an infinity, as the same as another infinity (on the same scale, of course)

wait ... which end of the spectrum represents what?
does one = i agree or believe with the statement/question..
or does five = i agree or believe with the statement/question?

1 is little agreement-surprise, 5 is more, so the answer to your example is 5.

new topics

top topics

join