It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore School Built on Toxic Soil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
"Conservative corners of the Internet are buzzing over a Los Angeles school named after former Vice President Al Gore that was built on toxic soil and, some say, poses a health risk to students. (See, Obama: "They Talk About Me Like a Dog")

The Los Angeles Times reported over the weekend that the $75.5-million Carson-Gore Academy of Environmental Sciences (the late environmental author Rachel Carson got top billing over Gore), set to open to students next week, was built on top of more than a dozen storage tanks containing industrial toxins..."
Source

What does everyone think about this? I read through and thought if anything this is ironic and mildly amusing.

Some more links:

LA Times

Gawker

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
HERE

This one is good too imo, I've been looking to see if there is any statements made by Gore or Carson I haven't found anything yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How appropriate.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Looks like the school was layed down on top of that toxic soil, like Gore lays himself forcefully on top of his masseuse.

I'm super serial!

Star and Flag!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Still no comments from either of them two, I like how they said the water is still contaminated but its ok it won't hurt anyone.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's interesting and a bit ironic but

The former vice president was never informed the school would bear his name

Source

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks for your input and article. I didn't think Gore would not have any knowledge about this school bearing his name I thought he would have known at the least and I am sure he probably did, plausible deniability? Anyway thanks again.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't here about the "Gore" lettering around campus being vandalized...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is all the proof I need to see that the pollution we pump into the oceans, soil, and air, does not hurt the environment, and we have no reason to seek alternative energies. Thank you.

top topics

join