It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think you're better than Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If someone ever asked me that, my immediate response would be no way. Lately, I've been asking myself that question. Even though I would answer no everytime.
Was I really being honest with myself? When I complain or whine about how
messed up,"my life" or "the world" is, am I not saying that I am better than Christ?
Or even Nelson Mandela?

Do I really have anything to complain about?
How can I complain about anything, if I compare my life, to the life Christ had on this earth? Think of the lives others have had to endure, or even the lives of
others around the world today.

The truth is unless I think I deserve to have it better than someone else, I have no complaints at all.
I only had to realise the quality of my life leaves no room for any complaining.
I have nothing to even think of complaining about. I certainly thought I did.
Uemployment, TPTB, the world in general.
Then after thinking about what was said to me in the thread "Heaven". This is
what almost knocked me over. Everytime I complain about anything in life. I
might as well be saying, "I'm better than Christ I deserve more". Or," Ghandi chose his life. I choose to have it better than that". I'm not better than anyone.
Fate alone put me here, in America, where I have clean water to drink.
Instead of India where I would most likely be drinking the bath water of thousands.

I'm not in any way saying anyone should feel guilty for the life they have either.
I just see how wrong it is to complain now.

From this day forward, I will look at any of my complaints about this life, and try
to keep my mouth shut. My fingers from the keys. I have no complaints. Thank you IamIam for helping me see that.
I feel better now.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There's nothing arrogant about wanting a better life. Without the desire to lead longer better lives progress comes to a halt and society stagnates.

Selfless people throughout history, have lived their lives on behalf of future generations to make the world for us a better place. That doesn't mean our world is perfect or that we should be satisfied and stop desiring to make it better. If anything we owe it to those great individuals to voice our concerns and try to make changes for the good. The difference is that complaining doesn't really help anyone UNLESS you are complaining to a massive audience that can become mobile and get things done.

Think about it, what was MLK doing, he was complaining about racism and segregation right? Of course he was doing it in a beautiful poetic way that opened people's eyes to the issue and his audience was wide enough that he managed to open the right sets of eyes.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Think about it, what was MLK doing, he was complaining about racism and segregation right? Of course he was doing it in a beautiful poetic way that opened people's eyes to the issue.

I think MLK was fighting for something, in a peaceful way, that sooner
or later, was going to demand respect. I don't think I ever heard him complain on a personal level. Boo for you this time partner.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When I was in Iraq on my second deployment there was an awful lot of griping and complaining going on. We were doing 14-16 hour days 7 days a week. My old boss used to tell me "It can ALWAYS be worse" whenever I would make a suggestion for improvement.

Someone had a picture of some Jarheads...errr....Marines base camp blown up to poster size and hung on the door to our compound. No one complained after seeing how those boys had it. They lived on MRE's and sand. While we had Air Conditioning and huge buffet style meals.

I wish I could find the picture. It was this sandbag hole that was completely soaked with water and mud. Some marines were just chilling in it like it was cool.

Found it. The marines of Baker Company.

I do not think Jesus could ever possibly know what it is like for humans. The dude did not ever have to go without. He wants some wine? BOOM magic and he is drinking like a king. Want some fish? SHAZAM Om Nom's for everyone. Heck he didn't even have to face the fear of death. He knew that there was an afterlife and he knew he could cheat death. He could come back to Earth anytime he felt like it.

Personally I think this Jesus Dude had no CLUE what it is like to be a human. If anything humans are better than Jesus. He came to Earth and basically went slumming.

EDITED TO ADD THE PHOTO

[edit on 7-9-2010 by idonotcollectstamps]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yes, I exist, I am no tale. and I do the best I can

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think it's important to know the good from the bad. Didn't Jesus get milk and honey so to know the differences between the good and the bad? Perhaps you will have no complaints, but in my opinion, you would be better off at least holding the line. You mentioned 'clean water'. Well, that is not true because of the chems the gov slips in, and big pharma as well, from smilin bob's urine flow to all the 'meds' that are taken by those too powerless to resist being 'evaluated'.

Just because you can get food anywhere, that too does not mean it's clean. Again, the chems, drugs etc. Yeah, all we need is peace of mind. It doesn't come easily, does it.

Now imagine you manage to escape the grid, build a house in the country with your own hands...how long before an official comes along to tax your dust from the dirt road you built? And then to put a value on your place for taxes? Even worse...you build your place and then a cell tower is erected intentionally next door because you eschew em radiation and won't be broken? What then? Think you'll have a prayer at getting that stopped? In fact, they could make sport of making sure that a new tower follows you wherever you settle.

One more thing: last night I was obliquely dropping hints about a certain 'sage' at ats. This guy is like the stephen hawking of logic around here. Always just facts, which conveniently strip any or all of the hands of 'God' from any subject. Let me tell you...as soon as I started writing those sentences, my head was hit with high powered ringing, which told me I was on to something.

It is time to complain, friend. Big time.

came from west, relative forgot, to scrape away, land in south...no teeth, NO PLANS to STOP...meet Johnny!!!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He was complaining though, just in a different way. Of course he also passed on a vision and rallied people to his cause but at its heart what he was doing was raising complaints about the way things were run in America. You might not want to CALL it complaining but that's what it was, just in a far more poetic way, unlike today where if a youtube video doesn't load within 10 seconds we pitch a fit

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

It's easy to see why you would say that.

Personally I think this Jesus Dude had no CLUE what it is like to be a human. If anything humans are better than Jesus. He came to Earth and basically went slumming.

Davidmann

I think it's important to know the good from the bad. Didn't Jesus get milk and honey so to know the differences between the good and the bad? Perhaps you will have no complaints, but in my opinion, you would be better off at least holding the line. You mentioned 'clean water'. Well, that is not true because of the chems the gov slips in, and big pharma as well, from smilin bob's urine flow to all the 'meds' that are taken by those too powerless to resist being 'evaluated'

Well perhaps you would perfer the bathwater? Of course you wouldn't.
You would prefer our governments dirty water all day long before the dirty bath water that others must drink to survive.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good Post. I almost didn't read it, because it seemed like another religious or anti-religious thread. Perhaps you should change the title somehow.

BUT, now after reading your post, I entirely agree. I start every prayer by thanking God for all the good things in my life, and by the time I am done with that, I don't usually have a lot left to ask for.

It is very good to remind ourselves of just how lucky we really are. Sometimes we forget. This weekend was one of the best weekends of my life. I didn't make any more money, I didn't get anything new, I didn't meet any new people. I didn't win the lottery or find out some lost relative had left me money. As a matter of fact, my wife and I are wondering how we are going to pay the whole house payment. Still, I had about 40 people over for the weekend and we barbequed for my son's 4th birthday party. We swam, we had time with friends and family. The kids had a great time, nobody spent more than a few dollars for ice or chips or drinks. It was an entire day of festivities! Then, we recently "discovered" a local treasure in our little "Gulf Coast Aquarium." We visited it, fed the nurse sharks, fed the rays, held the sea urchins and horseshoe crabs. The man that runs the place taught my kids and my wife and I a bunch of new things. It didn't cost a dime (although we left a donation). My kids talked about it all night!

Friends-Family-Quality Time-Education-Sunshine-Good Health-Opportunity to Enjoy Nature------> We are truly blessed, all the time, even on the bad days!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't say that I'm actually "better" than Christ, but I have to admit that from my perspective, I don't ever sin, and I have a positive attitude, and I help out where I can.

One thing I don't do is run around foisting my religious beliefs and opinions on people, or trying to "save" them if they don't want to be saved.

So in that way, I think I'm one up on Christ.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy Buddy...

How can I complain about anything, if I compare my life, to the life Christ had on this earth?

You should not complain, you're spot on there...but, the fable which talks of the life of christ shouldn't be what makes you realize this.

All you have to do is stay up late one night and watch the evening news, or b.s. charity ads indignantly asking for your donations to help the starving and needy of the world...

It's all around you man, you just have to look up and take notice, rather than keep your head planted between the pages of dogma you value so much. That didn't sound like a complaint, did it..?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thats impossible to answer. Before you flip and say I'm nuts, remember, Jesus had to be born, and experience the same as humans, and the world these days is alot different. Temptations come earlier, and vaccinations and drugs, who's tp say he couldn't be manipulated. I cant turn water to wine in seconds, or heal the blind, but I'm rightceous.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

BUT, now after reading your post, I entirely agree. I start every prayer by thanking God for all the good things in my life, and by the time I am done with that, I don't usually have a lot left to ask for.

I titled the thread for the reason you just explained. Thanks for the confirmation.

Facelift

See getready understands now I think. Sure I used Christ at the heading.
I used Ghandi and Mandela and refered to others without mentioning
their names.
Almost everyone of you have gotten hung up on the example of Christ only. Why? He's not the object of this thread. No more than Mandela.

Whining and complaining is just wrong nothing else is being said here.
Anybody want to argue that?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My Brother,

My Heaven just became more blessed, for now you are in it.

Help others to see it, and we will both see it come to reality.

Judge them not, Love them all!

I love you Brother, and thank you for letting me in.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think it goes even deeper than Facelift's post.

It is easy to think I am more blessed than the starving kids in Sudan. It is easy to feel more blessed than those trapped in the Gaza strip, or political prisoners in a prison somewhere..........BUT........am I?

I contend that Mandela was more blessed than many people living in the ratrace. I have met women living very hard lives in the hills in Mexico, and they were more blessed than I was just a few years ago.

It isn't the physical things that make us blessed. A political prisoner standing up for his ideals and serving as an example for his family and his community by starving in a jail cell probably feels more blessed than someone "keeping up with the Jones" and living every minute to get a newer car or a bigger house or a better nanny!

A starving kid in Sudan that is held close by his mother and comforted as his belly rumbles probably feels more blessed than a fat kid with an x-box locked away in his room while his parents are on a Caribbean Cruise and his nanny is in the opposite wing of the house cooking a small intimate meal with her own kids while she helps them with their homework.

To feel blessed, first you have to set your priorities. If they are not set correctly, you can never be blessed. Once you set your priorites right, the blessings roll in faster than you can imagine!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think now that complaining instead of being thankful says so much on a spiritual level. It's like the confirmation of that gigantic whole that exists in every man that can never be filled. We can keep putting things in it until
the earth itself has no more to give. Still the whole will be there.
That whole is mankinds love of himself and his greed.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by randyvs

He was complaining though, just in a different way. Of course he also passed on a vision and rallied people to his cause but at its heart what he was doing was raising complaints about the way things were run in America. You might not want to CALL it complaining but that's what it was, just in a far more poetic way, unlike today where if a youtube video doesn't load within 10 seconds we pitch a fit

My Brother,

I was not complaining. I have nothing and I AM the wealthiest man alive. I love in abundance for all. I receive love in abundance from ALL that know me. Some would say I am a fool, who sleeps on the floor of his fathers basement, who survives on the kindness of others. My Brother I tell you I am a King. No man has dominion over me. They have nothing left to take from me, except this body I inhabit. They can have that too, for I will only come again, and again, and again, until I get the heaven on Earth I want.

My Brother, I have reclaimed my Kingdom. It is myself.

What I was doing in that thread was offering this kingdom to who else would dare claim it.

You are ALL Kings and Queens. The sooner you realise it, the sooner we can work together to take OUR Earthly Kingdom Back.

I don't ask anything but that you do not judge, for I do not judge you.

The one Law will free us all.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

With Love,

Your Brother

[edit on 7-9-2010 by IAMIAM]

new topics

top topics

join