It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its all a distraction so you wont question the monetary system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We all see these stupid so called 'news" stories, In my personal opinion that these news stories keep us distracted from actually having a constructive conversation on how and why we have this Debt based Fractional Reserve banking system. Most of ATS folks already know this but I had to have a long conversation with my family this weekend on what is really going on with our Banking system today, they had no clue it actually works this way and were really shaken and still confused of the big picture. I think I will need to show them "Money as Debt" and "Money as Debt II" if anyone else has good reference material I can show them, It would be much appreciated.

Am I wrong in thinking that this Fractional Reserve banking system is akin to modern day slavery?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Money as Debt - Full Version

Google Video Link

Money as Debt II - Full Version
Money as Debt II: Promises Unleashed - VEOH

Enjoy ATS if you have not seen these yet, you should take a moment to check em out.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Money was taught to the Sumerians as a form of control to see how the human race would react.

Two things;

1) If we fight against money then we will be wiped out as too radical and non-compliant.

2) If we accept this slavery then we will be abused until we are extinct.

We must join with the cosmic forces of good and learn to evolve before we are destroyed for doing nothing!!

-m0r

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Money was taught to the Sumerians as a form of control to see how the human race would react.

Money was invented to provide a more efficient means of exchange.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

There are other more efficient and better monetary systems out there. The one we currently have is obviously not working. Money should be a tool for the people not a system that binds us to debt we can never repay.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel

There are other more efficient and better monetary systems out there. The one we currently have is obviously not working. Money should be a tool for the people not a system that binds us to debt we can never repay.

What do you, personally, propose?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is a much bigger distraction being pulled over your eyes than just Money.. =)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am not sure which monetary system would be the best. I have a limited knowledge of the Greenback system but maybe something like it?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
There is a much bigger distraction being pulled over your eyes than just Money.. =)

Care to share with us?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"The Secret of Oz"

www.youtube.com...

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

video.google.com...#

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I personally believe that although there seems like so many simple ways to get out of this banking system all of them would throw at least America if not the whole world in to turmoil before it was all said and done. Which gives TPTB a shot to lock us right back in to the same system. Which they themselves have admitted they need in order to establish there NWO.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

WOW buddy, real eye opener here! Gotta tell you that I never ever questioned where money really comes from till after watching these vids! Will make sure I share these with as many friends as I can...by the way....S&F for ya!!!Great job!!!!

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry

Originally posted by sourdiesel

What do you, personally, propose?

Instead of just shooting an idea out there, lets lay down the physics behind what would make a monetary system workable and efficient.

First of all lets start with the means of exchange itself. Even in a system of money there will be a means of exchange.

One of the properties of an efficient monetary system would be a means of exchange that is easy to carry around if need be and that it is plentiful. One means of exchange that has both of these properties would be 1s and 0s, a electronic credit system. Now we have our most efficient means of exchange. Now we have to figure out what it has to do.

The only way a monetary system can be truly workable is when the quantity of the means of exchange is balanced around the volume of trade that occurs in the user society. But how will the quantity be decided? Any centralizing of this decision making process seems to only allow errors to occur. Such errors are not to be allowed in such an important system. Since most of the past monetary systems have fallen due to error through centralization of quantity control a new means of quantity control must be sought out.

Since the quantity must be balanced with the volume of trade there is only one real means of quantity control without error. This obviously means that trade itself must somehow be in control of the quantity of the means of exchange. Since the quantity control cannot be centralized then it must be widely available. The best way of doing this would be to make the quantity control process at least partly controlled by each individual transaction. Now which process of quantity control is it going to be apart of, creation or destruction of quantity?

In this process transactions will be in control of the creation of quantity. Now through what method will the creation process take place? Perhaps the creation process could occur by simply copying an amount of credits from the consumers credit account to the producer's account. With this there must be limitations in place to prevent excess quantity creation to prevent excess inflation.

First the creation process would be limited by the amount or price of the individual transactions. In order for the transaction to take place the consumer must already have a credit level in their account that is equal to or greater than the price of the transaction. Now we have the quantity creation process, but what about the quantity destruction process?

With any monetary system there must be a quantity destruction process. Since the consumer's side is the one that creates quantity the producer's side must be the one to cause quantity destruction. Of course quantity must be balanced with trade so therfore the process of destruction must be a factor of time. With this, the time it takes to destroy quantity must be in line with it's creation so quantity will be destroyed at the average rate of it's creation in the producer's account.

This would be the basic physics behind a workable monetary system with minimal error. Any errors would inevitably be worked out and cleaned up by a free market.

top topics

join