It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Birth Certificate; 'Document allegedly obtained in Kenya sent to every member of Congress'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I recently had to order a BC from Missouri. It is on current paper with current state seals, etc. However, it is identical in content to my original birth certificate (I still have original, but it wasn't embossed enough for my current job to accept it as an original.)

So, my state job wouldn't even accept my original entire birth certificate because almost 40 years in a file have flattened the embossment, but Obama is ok with a short-form certificate that is a "version" taken from the original? Even when Hawaii's record keepers have admitted that it is fairly simple for someone not born in Hawaii to get an Hawaiian "short-form" birth certificate?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Your point? Yes, I believe there is something to the Loch Ness monster story.

That would be really cool. Be sure and let me know as soon as they finally find it, or evidence there could be a population to live this long, or a food source to sustain either. Let me know right away.

Are you really denying there is anything to one of the largest religions in the world with the Mohammed example?

Not at all. I am sure Islam is the one true religion. But then there are these people that still talk about Jesus Christ but do not believe in Muhamed at all. They have a completely different take on things. They still talk about it though so there must be something to it, right? Two opposing doctrines must both be true because that only makes sense, right?

Chupacabra? Why not? Something unexplained happens to livestock every so often.

My tomato plants suffered terrible unexplained losses this year as well. I guess I should just assume that was the chupacabra as well? As you said, "why not?" How about moon men? Why not? How about a race of native martians living underground? Why not? How about the Plaedian motherships? Why not?

Yes, every persistent story out there probably persists, because it has just enough truth in it.

You mean like the unicorns you found it necessary to skip over because no such convenient "why not?" existed? How about the Easter Bunny. That old song gets played every year. How much truth is in that?

With Obama, there is surely just enough truth to make sure the story will never go away.

Why have not one of you birthers been able to produce said "truth?" yet? You keep claiming these "facts" and "truths" exist but not one of you can come up with ONE. Why is that?

Now, I agree that at this point it is a waste of time to continue beating the dead chariot he was delivered in, and we should just try to hold on for another 2 years without any major damage, but that doesn't mean there is nothing to the story.

Then by all means, keep talking about this and do not even give the economy a thought.

As for the newspapers in Hawaii, they never quoted anything that wasn't already known and insufficient.

Who are you talking to?

The governor's opinion and the short-form certificate are not sufficient as evidence.

That is just a lie. You are just repeating birther BS about short forms with no real clue what you are talking about. Try getting a fact and see how your story holds up.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If his real name is Barry Soetoro then why would there be a Birth Certificate for "Barack Obama"?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

Why would anyone need to prove that Obama hasn't proven his Hawaiian birth? How is that even possible? Does a prosecutor in court have to prove that the defense didn't prove innocence? I think the burden of proof lies with Obama to prove that he was indeed born in Hawaii.

As for Unicorns, I avoided that one, because it is too easy! Unicorns are born all the time. It is a simple birth defect in many species of horned animals, I have seen it with my own eyes. Santa Claus was real and based off a live person, a dinosaur with the exact body type and eating habits of Nessie is proven to have existed, who knows when the last one died if ever? Muslims believe in Jesus, and they believe that Mohammed followed him as the next prophet. Christians believe in Mohammed as a prophet as well.

Yes, most myths and stories have rational explanation. They are often still based somewhat in fact, and then the stories evolve from there. Perhaps the Obama BC is like the Unicorn or the Cyclops or Santa Clause. Perhaps it was a simple story, a clerical error, and it ballooned into the giant debate that exists today. I can believe that. Maybe he was born in Hawaii, but why not just produce the original long form, or come clean with a decent story that explains the whole mix-up? Is it because they don't have an explanation? Or is it because all this stupid debate on the BC is keeping attention off bigger issues? Or is it because us little people just aren't important enough for a big time politician to answer to?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I recently had to order a BC from Missouri. It is on current paper with current state seals, etc. However, it is identical in content to my original birth certificate (I still have original, but it wasn't embossed enough for my current job to accept it as an original.)

Did you make a special request for the long form?

So, my state job wouldn't even accept my original entire birth certificate because almost 40 years in a file have flattened the embossment, but Obama is ok with a short-form certificate that is a "version" taken from the original?

Do you know that Obama didn't show his long form to whomever vetted him for eligibility?

You didn't have to show your papers to the world, did you? Just one or two people. Do you know that Obama didn't do that?

Even when Hawaii's record keepers have admitted that it is fairly simple for someone not born in Hawaii to get an Hawaiian "short-form" birth certificate?

I haven't see such a statement from Hawaii's record keepers. Got a link?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualgirl
If his real name is Barry Soetoro then why would there be a Birth Certificate for "Barack Obama"?

Good question. His name is Barack Obama, not Soetoro. That's just something the birthers like to toss out there.

Why would anyone need to prove that Obama hasn't proven his Hawaiian birth?

Because that's the claim the birthers are making. They're saying he hasn't proven his eligibility in the face of evidence to the contrary. Without any evidence of their own, I might add.

No other president has EVER posted their BC on the Internet before. No other president has been interrogated like this. If they're going to make the claim that Obama isn't legit, then they have to provide some evidence that he wasn't vetted or that his Hawaiian BC isn't legit.

He has provided evidence to us, although it wasn't required.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I did not make a special request for my BC. Missouri only has one type of BC. Florida also only has one type of BC. I had never heard of a short/long form until this whole Obama fiasco.

Now, your other point is a good one. Perhaps he did show the correct document to the correct person. I should hope so! I would think that the US Department of State has an HR department like any other employer. I would think that Obama has an employee file just like any other DOS employee, and that his eligibility for hire is in that file.

My question is, why not just say so? Has Obama or his representatives ever come out and said so?

I would be happy if someone from the State Department stood up and said, "Yes, Mr Obama was cleared by our office and is eligible to serve as the President and we are maintaining his employement file that will eventually be declassified and displayed in his Presidential Library per our standard operating procedure." That would satisfy me without seeing anything.

I just want to know that somebody is in charge of these things besides the Democratic National Convention. I would be happy just to know that there is an official protocol and operating procedure for these things.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I see what you are saying but did you make this same argument whenever the left was clamoring for Bush to release more of his military records during the election cycle of 2004? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I did not make a special request for my BC. Missouri only has one type of BC. Florida also only has one type of BC. I had never heard of a short/long form until this whole Obama fiasco.

Fair enough. Most states only give the short form unless you request the long form and pay extra for it.

I would be happy if someone from the State Department stood up and said, "Yes, Mr Obama was cleared by our office and is eligible to serve as the President and we are maintaining his employement file that will eventually be declassified and displayed in his Presidential Library per our standard operating procedure." That would satisfy me without seeing anything.

I actually would like that, too.
But we can't always get what we want. And no one owes us that. The Secretaries of all 50 states put him on the ballot. And fact is, his short form was enough to get him on the ballot. because it says he was born in Hawaii.

I would be happy just to know that there is an official protocol and operating procedure for these things.

I have never been able to find that there is an official protocol. I wish there was such a thing. But I think each state has to decide if he's eligible to go on the ballot.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I see what you are saying but did you make this same argument whenever the left was clamoring for Bush to release more of his military records during the election cycle of 2004? Just curious.

I don't remember being involved in debates regarding Bush's military records. I thought there was something released. I remember reading a few things about it but I simply didn't care about it at the time. My concern was whether the election itself was valid.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have to ask, though experience tells me I will not recieve an answer: could you provide any non-WND proof of the millions of dollars Obama has supposedly spent covering up his past?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What purpose would the Bilderberg Group have for wanting a Kenyan man as president of the US?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Why would anyone need to prove that Obama hasn't proven his Hawaiian birth?

I don't know. Why would you suggest it?

How is that even possible? Does a prosecutor in court have to prove that the defense didn't prove innocence? I think the burden of proof lies with Obama to prove that he was indeed born in Hawaii.

Uh ok. Are you reading a post from someone else before replying to me? I never suggested any such thing as you just pretended to address.

As for Unicorns, I avoided that one, because it is too easy! Unicorns are born all the time. It is a simple birth defect in many species of horned animals, I have seen it with my own eyes.

Oh now you know that is not at all what I was talking about. I guess I should have gone with Pegasus to make it simple for you.

Santa Claus was real and based off a live person,

Santa Claus does fly around the world bringing toys to every boy and girl though does he? There is no truth to any of the myths about Santa Claus is there? What there is is a loosely based marketing scheme based off of some German folktales. I went with the Easter Bunny to avoid just such a lengthy and pointless distraction.

a dinosaur with the exact body type and eating habits of Nessie is proven to have existed, who knows when the last one died if ever?

Really? What are Nessies's eating habbits?
Tyranosaurs existed too, does that mean they MUST still be roaming around? I guess all dinosaurs should be assumed to still be around because I have not seen proof they are not. I am really intrigued as to what Nessie's eating habbits are though. Anyone with even a base interest knows that the dinosaur you are referring to -Pleaseasaurs could NOT survive in the Loch on the given food supply. You are just making things up as you go along, huh?

Please tell me what Nessie's eating habbits are.

Muslims believe in Jesus, and they believe that Mohammed followed him as the next prophet.

I did not say Muslims did not believe in Jesus.

Christians believe in Mohammed as a prophet as well.

Can you not read? Christians and Muslims follow completely different stories and sets of beliefs that cannot both be right. Yeah, they both mention each other. Apparently you do not know much more than that about either.

Yes, most myths and stories have rational explanation.

Easter Bunny.

Easter Bunny.

Easter Bunny.

They are often still based somewhat in fact, and then the stories evolve from there.

Easter Bunny.

Perhaps the Obama BC is like the Unicorn or the Cyclops or Santa Clause.

No, I can actually look at a photograph of his BC. I can see where people have touched it, felt it, confirmed it. Before you post pictures of deformed goats and cows, try to be as smart as I want to assume you are.

Perhaps it was a simple story, a clerical error, and it ballooned into the giant debate that exists today. I can believe that.

Maybe it was just political opposition and a touch of ethnocentrism from scare old white folks? Maybe maybe maybe.

Maybe there is a reason I am still waiting for the truth that is the reason we still speak of the Easter Bunny.

Maybe he was born in Hawaii, but why not just produce the original long form, or come clean with a decent story that explains the whole mix-up?

I could not produce my original long form, why should I expect any more from someone from another state? I am as American and eligable to be president as anyone else and yet, I - because my state will not issue one - cannot get my "original" long form.

Where is yours?

Is it because they don't have an explanation? Or is it because all this stupid debate on the BC is keeping attention off bigger issues? Or is it because us little people just aren't important enough for a big time politician to answer to?

It is because they found out that you and only you know for a fact what the Loch Ness Monster eats and realized what power they were tangling with.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualgirl

Because his name is Barack Obama. Soetoro was his mother's second husband.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I should charge you all for this very important prediction I have, but I'm feeling generous today. I took a look in my crystal ball and guess what I saw......................nothing.

Absolutely nothing will come if this. No need to thank me guys. Just wanted to help some friends out.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That is against T&C. Otherwise no problem.

When I went to work for the State, I provided a certified copy of my birth certificate and SS card, along with fingerprints, and a list of my last 15 years worth of addresses and references. They did a thorough background check, and they decided I was legitimate enough to make $30,000 per year and have a little bit of decision making responsibility.

I would assume that to be President, you should have at least the same amount of documentation, and a "short-form" certificate of birth that can be easily obtained by presenting them a document from almost anywhere would not be sufficient for me in my current position.

Many, many positions require more than a short-form birth document. Surely we can require the utmost scrutiny of the most powerful position in the world? Plus, if it exists, then what is the problem with sharing it? He already shared the short form, why not the long form? If it doesn't exist, and there is a good reason, why not admit it doesn't exist and give a decent explanation as to why it doesn't exist?
Because no Birther has provided any evidence whatsoever to prove that Obama is not qualified to run for president. In fact, this birther nonsense doesn't even qualify as an actual conspiracy theory, it's a rumor at best; Not to mention the people checking the qualifications, his opponents, and his party would have to all be in on it. And for what? So a black man can become president? Really, they couldn't find a black politician who was a actual U.S. Citizen to run for the Democratic Party? You know what, scratch that, even rumors make some sort of sense. And please, don't go all Conspiracy Theorist on me and claim that "Oh, well you see, the government wants to divide and conquer us and distract us from the other issues that's why none of this makes sense".

[edit on 7-9-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The fact that this story just won't go away, tells me that something is going on.

9/11 Truth movement will not go away. There must be something to it.

The 9/11 official story will not go away. There must be something to it.

Superman, will not go away...

Great point.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

The media shills you mention are not being vocal about it because "a" they have to maintain a shred of common sense which requires not becoming extremist and "b" there is enough doubt in either direction to render the question a somewhat moot point until someone can in fact come up with the smoking gun for one side or the other... and there may be the issue: there is no smoking gun support for either side.

Actually every single one of them has been vocal about it and put it to rest as far as they are concerned.

Second of all, why ignore McCain and all the other Republicans in government?

edit to add : Correction. Rush and Hannity play both sides of the fence apparently. Listening to them daily, they often spout off about how it is a nonsense issue but upon looking it seems these two also push the other side. So there you go. Not only are they NOT not vocal, they spin it both ways. Beck has declared the issed dead if I am not mistaken.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I really think he has something to hide, but if he was really born in Kenya, doesn't everyone think Hillary would have discovered it very early on? She did not want to concede the primaries, even after her husband had endorsed Obama. The Clinton's have far more connections and resources than any private investigator. If there was a conspiracy to hide Obama's background, Hillary would have uncovered and exposed it way before he was elected.

I am not convinced that he was born in Hawaii, but I am convinced that we will never prove otherwise!

Hillary was hinting at blackmail all throughout the early selection process, when the dems were having their debates. She made no secret of it: it was directed squarely at BHO.

I could look up the subject on the net, as I am certain I was not the only one seeing this. She held it like a bomb over his head, in full view of the public.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I think what you need to understand is that much of the information many of us seek to know about Obama is being suppressed.

Please explain what information you seek.
How is it being suppressed?

The information we do receive is at best questionable. A birth certificate, in its original form, is easy for all of us to obtain in the US.

That is just not true at all. Please support the things you say with something.

Why is it that Obama's BC was exactly like Hawaii's current BC forms, not like the BC's in the 1960's?

The same reason the one I got in '89 looked like the new ones and not the ones issued when I was born. That is kind of how it works.

There are many questions that remain unanswered and could be easily cleared up.

What are they? Let's clear them up now.

That secrecy is why people are still bringing this issue up.

What secrecy? Be specific.

The information the MSM feeds us may be good enough evidence as proof in your eyes, but to a community of skeptics that know better....this issue doesn't have anywhere near the evidence to prove his eligability; or lack thereof.

What MSM source am I using again?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join