It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UVB-76 wakes up, 4chan message warns of World War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I only first heard about these number stations a year or so ago, (from ATS actually) i didn't know they even existed.

What i can't understand though, is that if they are this big mystery, why doesn't someone just ask the Russians what it's all about? They are 'allies' now aren't they?

If it's a military code, i don't expect they would be forthcoming with much info, but if it's been broadcasting for decades, i would expect that just about every Western country would have broken the codes by now, surely!

Why don't radio hams and so on, set up their own transmitters to jam the Russian ones? A response by the Russians would be one way of finding out just who is operating these stations, and depending on who protests, may be a clue as to why.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Check out the UVB-76 blog (the guy who runs it is quite an authority on the subject, and, i believe, an ATS member).

uvb-76.blogspot.com...

The site has a link at the top to an internet feed of UVB-76. It will play through iTunes!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Honestly, you have to be pretty stupid or ignorant to think of 4chan as some sort of repudiable source. I feel stupid for even having to say that. The average age of 4chan is probably 15. The whole site is about pranks and laughs pretty much.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I do not go online much besides here and my email. I do not even know what 4chan is. Thus I saw the post and made it. I did look up 4chan and I understand they have some credible info sometimes and some is not. So I decided to post and see what others thought.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I think 'not enemies' would be a more accurate description so i dont think we'll be trading espionage secrets just yet!

The code, when transmitted, is unbreakable because it is a one-off, unrepeated system. The beauty is in it's simplicity.

I wish the person brave enough to have a go at jamming these signals good luck - they would need it!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Russian president gets assassinated, which is blamed on North Korea. Then we have Russia and North Korea allying up, how does that work then?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sheesh! I already gave proof that is nothing but an outpost for atmospheric research. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some people like being conned I suppose.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
HAARP is a part of ECHELON. Ascension Island is also a part of ECHELON. Plus there are locations in Australia, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong and Cyprus. Just to name a few. There mission listen to UVB76 and other number stations around the world.

www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk...

He worked for the Government listening hub not just at Cheltenham but on secondment to Ascension Island, Hong Kong and Cyprus.

thenewschronicle.com...

Williams, 31, was a genius who cracked the Taliban’s codes. He oversaw Echelon, a network that links satellites and super-computers in Britain and US with those of other allies. Echelon eavesdrops on suspects of terrorism, drug dealers and searches for other political and diplomatic intelligence. It intercepts five billion forms of communications a day.

The death of Williams hampers GCHQ’s thrust to go into Voice Over Internet Protocol.

Ascension Island

Menwith Hill, England

Misawa Air Base, Japan

GCSB Waihopai, New Zealand

Feltwell(GCHQ) United Kingdom

Croughton(Missile Defence)United Kingdom

NIOC Buckley AFB (Aurora Colorado)

Fort Monmouth Signals Intelligence Complex (NSA) New Jersey

Fort Meade (COMNAVNETWARCOM IOD) (NSA) Love Rd

Pine Gap(Navy Information Operations Detachment)2007 Australia

So what are the number towers for. Over The Air Re-keying (OTAR) aka Automatic Remote Keying (SARK) of fill devices. Is one part of it.

pages.cthome.net...

Heres a fill device. MX-18290/VRC Fill Device, ELEK CCM
www.prc68.com...

[edit on 7-9-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks I will go over this tonight.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join