It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, here is what we're up against...

Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

"We don’t care who we get money from," the treasurer was quoted as saying. He described the relationship with Iran as a "marriage of convenience." Iran is a predominantly Shiite country, while the Taliban is dominated by Sunni Muslims.

'For jihad'
"Iran will never stop funding us because Americans are dangerous for them as well. I think the hatred is the same from both us and Iran. The money we get is not dirty. It is for jihad," the treasurer told Amoore

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Why do we continually handle Iran with kid gloves? Iran has been funding this type of activity on all fronts since 1979!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The article is warmongering/fear mongering, there's nothing in that article that has even the slightest bit of credibility. Its not even from msnbc its from a British news paper the sunday times.

So apparently the sunday times news paper had its, "investigators" find this stuff out. Then there is in interview with an apparent treasure who hides his money in a sack of flower. I smell propaganda bs.

Also from reading the comments from the link its apparent that the masses will believe everything they are told. THAT is the scariest part.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthwillneverberevealed

Whatever makes you sleep better every night. It's no secret that Iran has been financially backing the Taliban for years. They were also backing the insurgency in Iraq as well. The Mullah at the head of the Iranian regime are not the benevolent innocents that you would like to believe and they have extended their reach as far as possible since the late 70's.

These people are not guided by the same moral compass that guides the Western world that they so despise to no end.

When all else fails, slam the report and any and all first hand accounts.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If you want war so bad you go and fight, I see no hard evidence to anything you have said or the link provided. If you want to believe everything the mainstream media tells you then nothing can help you. Who do you think put the mullahs in power anyway?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I can't speak of the validity in this claim. I could easily beleive it to be true and I could beleive it to be false and simply propaganda to bolster support for a future strike.

The moral compass you speak of is a concept we claim to hold yet it is not exactly what the middle east has experienced from us. I don't support Iran, Iraq or any other nation on any patriotic grounds. I can, however, see that their hatred for the U.S. is not as simple as a lack of morals. I think the medling, by the U.S., in the history of the middle east might have something to do with their feelings toward us. We grew up only recieving one side of the story. The internet only became prevalent in the late 90's.

Whatever makes you sleeps better at night, I guess.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Guess it is no big deal that the US has financed and executed a coup in Iran that led to the populace being subjected to years under a tyrannical government that saw fit to keep its populace in constant fear through the brutal iron fist of a bloodthirsty secret police... not to mention that the US has floated around the idea of supporting (or is currently supporting) terrorist organizations that have murdered countless Iranian civilians.

Take a look at "Operation Ajax", the rule of the Shah, the Jundallah and the PMOI. Then you might understand why Iran feels the way they do about us.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
lets all stop using oil, pull completely out of all middle eatsern countries give no aid and watch them wallow in their sand and camel dung until they wither and die.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I guess if you selectively study history any conflict can be justified, right? I bet the author of this post has never even heard of Mohammad Mosaddegh, or maybe 1953 was too long ago to be considered relevant. I'd say this post is evidence that an education in the USA is a partial thing at best.

top topics

join