It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, ATS, Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
pro choice! When you take a way one's right to choose, then you become a dictator ship, not a free society. We in the US have lost too many freedoms already. Freedom to chose is a God given right, not a man made right.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Truth_Hz

So if they cannot make the proper decisions up to this point, why should we allow them to kill a little human being?

Abortions have existed since it was realized that they were possible. Ban them, and they'll simply go underground.

They are not a form of contraception and should never be used as such but they must remain legal, to be preformed by licensed medial professionals in various cases ranging from rape to pregnancy that threatens the life of the mother.

Any couple who either did or didn't do everything in their power to prevent the pregnancy should do what they can to give the child up for adoption; there are plenty of people out there who would gladly adopt, but you cannot force anything on anybody, regardless of what your moral standing is.

Pregnancy can take quite a toll emotionally and physically on a mother, but it would be absurd to claim that remaining celibate until you are ready for a child is the right way to run your life.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Actually, I saw the thread earlier today about the woman who had the botched abortion and curiosity got the best of me, so I started this thread.

I am in no way going to try to push my views down other people's throats, and I am very impressed with the answers that you all have given thus far.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
I hope this is the right section to post this in, I was just curious as to where some of the other people on here stand and for what reason.

I myself am pro-choice, simply because I'm a man, and as a man I should have no say whatsoever about what a woman does to her body.

I'll anxiously be awaiting your replies.

Sure it is HER body but what if it is YOUR baby? Plus an interesting thing happens when you are pregnant. You are sharing real estate with another human life.

I guess I am just one of those people who think it is REALLY bad to dismember, poison, or let the elements kill a baby. But that's just me. Of course what would I know? I am just a mother to 4 great kids. The last two came along later in life. I can tell you that at 20 weeks a "fetus" can hear music in the womb and mine would get to moving around in there, it was a beautiful part of my pregnancies.

20 Week Old Fetus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d8ed1286eec.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Prolife or ProChoice? I'm pro-truth.

The truth is that the baby in the womb can feel pain. Science proves it.
Abortion is a physically painful business for the child.
It's painful for many, many of the mothers who commit it.
Painful physically but also spiritually and mentally.

A human who feels pain is brutally killed.
That's the truth.

I should have no say whatsoever about what a woman does to her body.

That's the catch ... a woman doesn't abort herself. She doesn't stop her own heart from beating. She doesn't burn herself to death with solutions and she doesn't rip herself apart.

She stops someone elses' heart.
She burns to death or shreds someone else.
Not herself.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Great thread. I'm pro-choice and I think that choice lies entirely with the woman. One person should not be able to dictate what another person has to do with their body, ie, it would be wrong to force a woman to give birth because the father wanted the baby.

If the woman did not want a child, then there is always birth control.....and if a man does want a child, he should find a partner who also wants the same as him. Easyier said than done, I know.

I don't necessarily agree with abortion on the whole, but the world that we live in necessitates it. Very sad, but true.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Sure it is HER body but what if it is YOUR baby? Plus an interesting thing happens when you are pregnant. You are sharing real estate with another human life.

As much as I helped to create this hypothetical baby, I wouldn't be the one that has to lug it around for 9 months, so I still don't believe I have the right to have a say in the matter.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is correct, the woman does not abort her self.
BUT, it is residing in her body.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123
Sure it is HER body ...

Her body isn't the one being killed.

Originally posted by qualitygossip
One person should not be able to dictate what another person has to do with their body,

Doesn't the woman committing abortion do that? She dictates to another person that their heart is going to stop beating. She dictates to another person that their body is going to be painfully shredded or that they will be burned to death.

Two different heart beats. Two different bodies.

One depends on the other. But we all depend on each other ... born or unborn .. to many different degrees.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

BUT, it is residing in her body.

Everyone depends on someone else for someting. Born or unborn. We are all dependent on others for life here on the planet earth.

The fact that the child is in her body doesn't change that it is the childs body that is being destroyed by another human being. It is the childs heart that is being caused to stop beating - not the heart of the woman.

MOST abortions are not because of rape, but are instead used as a form of 'birth control' because of an error in judgement on the part of the birth parents. A human child should not have to suffer death simply because his or her parents made an error in judgement like that.

Is it okay to stop feeding people in nursing homes because they are dependant upon others for life?

Is it okay to stop taking care of people in hospitals because they are dependant upon others for life?

If it's okay to kill a pre-born child simply because he or she is dependent upon it's mother, then it must be okay to kill a born child for the same reason.

Heck .. we are ALL dependent on others for life. Farmers, doctors, police officers, scientists, etc etc. Guess we can pull the plug on everyone.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
[ Pregnancy can take quite a toll emotionally and physically on a mother, but it would be absurd to claim that remaining celibate until you are ready for a child is the right way to run your life.

I think we agree for the most part.....but.

Why wouldn't it be the wise thing to do? I know many people who remained celibate until marriage and it was worth it for them. This is my point and thanks for making it. We are more concerned with our physical gratification that we scoff at the thought of being celibate until we are ready for children.

Once again, everyone has many choices leading up to getting pregnant. If they make a wrong choice, and get knocked up, than why are we going to let them continue to make bad choices; but this time with another humans life.

Where is the common sense here?

Edit to add: I am all about personal freedons being number one, but these unborn children need someone to stand up for them.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by sheepslayer247]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Edit to add: I am all about personal freedons being number one, but these unborn children need someone to stand up for them.

As I said in the beginning of my last post, they've existed for a long time. Legal or not they will happen; when pushed underground they're simply burying the problem as this country has done dozens of times before.

The issues that lie at the heart of why unwanted pregnancy occurs and why abortion is seem as the right option need to be addressed, yes. Until then, I cannot condemn them.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I guess we agree to disagree. All I can say is that if we had to allow abortion or to ban it until we could figure out the best solution (including a solution for unwanted pregnancy) I would err on the side of life. Not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm pro choice but I can't say I'm pro abortion.

We're all humans (except the aliens hiding out in here), and humans make mistakes. And as other people have mentioned, abortion isn't a legitimate form of birth control, but I think it should be avaliable in a safe setting for women who would otherwise get a back alley abortion.

I'm all for taking responsibility for your actions, but condoms breaking and forgeting to take a pill and rape are all realities in our world. It would be more irresponsible (in my opinion) to have a child that wouldn't be loved and cared for the same way it would be if you made the concious choice with your partner to have a baby.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice. Pro-freedom. Pro-Constitution.

When medicine gets to the point that the man can come and take over the incubation of the fetus, either within his body or in a chamber of some sort, then he can have a say. Until then, the unfortunate fact is that the fetus resides INSIDE the woman for the entire incubation period, so the decision is hers alone.

I wouldn't personally choose to have an abortion unless it threatened my life, but that's MY choice and I don't judge others' choices in this matter.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Pro Choice.

I'm also Pro Death Penalty.

At least I'm consistent.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm pro-choice. Pro-freedom. Pro-Constitution.

When medicine gets to the point that the man can come and take over the incubation of the fetus, either within his body or in a chamber of some sort, then he can have a say. Until then, the unfortunate fact is that the fetus resides INSIDE the woman for the entire incubation period, so the decision is hers alone.

I wouldn't personally choose to have an abortion unless it threatened my life, but that's MY choice and I don't judge others' choices in this matter.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]
I agree. I mean, as we all know, the man doesn't do anything like protect the woman, or support her in anyway whatsoever, so why should he have a say? Why should a man have any say for the fate of a child that he is going to take care of as well?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

I'm pro life, because as a man I believe that the woman was of sound mind to "procreate" and 50% of what was produced is mine.

Sure, and 100% of the burden of production beyond the point of your genetic upload is on the woman. For nine months.

You don't have anywhere close to a 50% investment.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The question I really want answered is why it is legal to procure an abortion, however, one can be charged with two counts of murder if one kills a pregnant woman?? How does this make any logical sense at all??

What a screwed up country we live in.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
I mean, as we all know, the man doesn't do anything like protect the woman, or support her in anyway whatsoever, so why should he have a say?

"protect the woman"? Are you serious? Besides, how many single guys hang around after the girl gets pregnant? How many of them support the woman? Many of them run as fast as they can?

Why should a man have any say for the fate of a child that he is going to take care of as well?

It would be nice if he could have a say, but it's not like he doesn't know that having sex could lead to pregnancy. He made the choice to give the decision over to the woman when he decided to have sex with her. THAT'S where he has a say. Once he gives that up, unfortunately, he no longer has control. But it's not like the guy is an innocent victim of the situation. He knew what could happen.

Originally posted by thegoodearth
The question I really want answered is why it is legal to procure an abortion, however, one can be charged with two counts of murder if one kills a pregnant woman?? How does this make any logical sense at all??

If a woman doesn't want to have the child, then she doesn't have to. Her decision. But if she WANTS to and is planning to, she grows a serious attachment to the fetus and sees it as her baby.

Abortion is with the woman's consent. Murder of her planned family is without her consent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join