It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, ATS, Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Okay, I'm for killing babies now. And while we're at it, let's kill the elderly also because they suffer at old age oftentimes too.

Last resort comment - - EVERY Time in this subject discussion. Gets as old and annoying as "God didn't make Steve & Steve"

I support Right of Choice - - - as is every individuals right. That includes terminating a pregnancy (which is not a baby) - - and I also support Right of Choice to Euthanasia. I don't understand why any consenting adult should be forced to Live.

It is anyone's right to believe as they choose. It is not their right to force that belief on anyone else.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by snowen20

Pro abortion. Not pro choice. Abortion is green, and, the only harm caused is on the mind of the aborters, and the infuriated over the top pro lifers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontweallbleed
Reply to post by snowen20

Pro abortion. Not pro choice. Abortion is green, and, the only harm caused is on the mind of the aborters, and the infuriated over the top pro lifers.

Wrong!

There are many people who support Right of Choice - - because they support the Constitution - - even though they don't believe in abortion.

I do not know anyone who is Pro-Abortion. Who says "I'm going to get pregnant - so I can get an abortion?"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Right, and its your constitution that allows me to post that I'm for conserving the environment. My point was not that's its okay to have a contraceptive abortion, it was that over population is an issue and abortion is solution. Life only means, what the individual believes it to.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Right, and its your constitution that allows me to post that I'm for conserving the environment. My point was not that's its okay to have a contraceptive abortion, it was that over population is an issue and abortion is solution. Life only means, what the individual believes it to.

Apologize - - - did not mean to step on the environment point. I agree with you. Actually - I'd even go further and make a law that you have to be approved to reproduce.

I've just had this debate so many times. Many of the Pro-Lifers try to use Pro-Abortion as a slam.

Just like in Gay Marriage - - I try to stick to Legal and Individual Rights.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Please its fine this is a CRAZY topic, abortion lots off emotions come up as they're allowed to. I'm kind of flabbergasted over your take on procreation, as I have always thought it to be a good idea. Cheers to existing friend.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Please its fine this is a CRAZY topic, abortion lots off emotions come up as they're allowed to. I'm kind of flabbergasted over your take on procreation, as I have always thought it to be a good idea. Cheers to existing friend.

I'm just saying there should be some thought to bringing a child into this world. I've talked with men who think how many kids they produce proves their manhood. Taking care of them doesn't prove their manhood - - just producing them.

In China I think you have to register to have a child. You have to be married and prove you have the financial means to raise and educate a child. I don't agree with the married part - - - but the rest sounds pretty good to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm PRO-RESPONSIBILITY

Both parties have the right to safe sex.In this day and age there is NO excuse to become pregnant,when sex is consensual.

"But BehBeh,it feels sooo much better without a condom",is just a cop out,just as is "hay,don't worry I'll pull out before I chuck my beans!"

Its is the responsibility of BOTH parties to ensure that pregnancy doesn't occur from casual,consensual sex.If this simple rule was followed,then the need for all these unnecessary elective medical procedures would drop dramatically.

If condoms you're not keen,keep it in your jeans !

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter

Both parties have the right to safe sex.In this day and age there is NO excuse to become pregnant,when sex is consensual.

I hate to break it to you - - but pregnancies have happened when protection has been used. I know.

However (if this is still correct) WASHINGTON (AP) — The Food and Drug Administration says it will allow 17-year-olds to get the "morning-after" birth control pill without a doctor's prescription.

But I'd say the majority of women aren't going to react within the 72 hour period. Most will probably think "its not going to happen to me".

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter

I hate to break it to you - - but pregnancies have happened when protection has been used. I know.

But I'd say the majority of women aren't going to react within the 72 hour period. Most will probably think "its not going to happen to me".

www.usatoday.com...

I know pregnancies have happened during protective sex,but the occurrence of getting pregnant after safe sex is dramatically lower.You also make my point with the above,Most will probably think "its not going to happen to me",quote.If you think their has been a malfunction,its your responsibility to get it checked out.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Pro-life. The Creator put us on this earth to protect and preserve all life. On my reservation I don't know of one Native woman who has ever aborted a baby. Back after the Revolutionary war, our women were aborting their babies because they thought the world had come to an end. A man by the name of Handsome Lake(Ska-non-ta-rio) turned things around by providing the people with ways to get along with the Americans.Some people say he was a prophet. Abortion is a sin against creation.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
Pro-life. The Creator put us on this earth to protect and preserve all life. On my reservation I don't know of one Native woman who has ever aborted a baby. Back after the Revolutionary war, our women were aborting their babies because they thought the world had come to an end. A man by the name of Handsome Lake(Ska-non-ta-rio) turned things around by providing the people with ways to get along with the Americans.Some people say he was a prophet. Abortion is a sin against creation.

I'm an Atheist.

My rights are being protected.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just imagine that You are the abortionist. How many lives you would have ended. Killing humans in the place that they should have been safest. What Karma would you owe? How will Eternity greet you?

When we look at the abortion issue it is always personal, never do we take in the entire picture. We as Americans have condoned the taking of 30 million plus lives right out of the womb,
What Karma do WE owe? How will Eternity Greet Us?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

I believe very strongly in Karma.

I believe very strongly every thought is an action.

The thought and reasoning of an action - - - has far more weight then the action itself.

So - if you think it is a sin and do it - - - that makes your action very bad.

But since I do not believe in a god - - and do not consider it a sin - - and it is legal - - my Karma is just fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
When we look at the abortion issue it is always personal, never do we take in the entire picture. We as Americans have condoned the taking of 30 million plus lives right out of the womb,

Imagine how much further into debt our economy would've been driven into if we had to support another 30 million people? Put quite frankly, sometimes it is more responsible and civil to abort the fetus than to allow it to turn into a human.

By the way, religious fanatics... human is a word... not unlike marriage, the government isn't going to change its meaning of human to accommodate something that has no emotion or feelings if it isn't going to change its definition of marriage to stop discriminating against a group of people who have a different preference than most; both are instances that can't be changed by the individual in question, but at least one of them can be upset about it, and it certainly is not the fetus. So, suck on that. It is a very selective world you religious people seem to be living in, picking and choosing which ways you want equality based on "moral standards" that have been fed to you by an institution that changes its mind on strong issues like these all the time.

Basically, don't defend something that isn't even a human being yet if you can't even respect the human beings that you all keep pumping out so proudly.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
pro choice.

why is there a conflict?

now if my gf or wife wanted to kill our children after they were born, i'd kinda have a problem with that.

ok, 3rd trimester is a no go except if it endangers the mother or serious birth defects and even then it is pro choice.

if you don't know you're pregnant in the 1st trimester and have a plan, i don't know what to tell you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Good discussion for my 1980's BBS with my three 14.4K modems and 386 server. I feel no less ignorant than when I read the first or last line, so it hasn't done any harm I suppose.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DondeEsta?

Post killer; just because something is not currently as frequently discussed as it used to be doesn't mean that it isn't important and discussable.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Pro choice. This caters for all eventualities.

Mankind has, for centuries (at least!), opressed women. In this day and age men should not be telling women what to do with their bodies, however I do believe both should be involved.

Personally, I want more men held to account for their children, as in social terms at least, men can /(and too often do, including my own "father") simply walk away if a woman has their baby. This should, in a financial sense, never be allowed to happen.

Notice that I've not touched on when women 'trap' men with pregnancy/a baby. That's a whole other circumstancial issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am pro life. I understand that people trying and make an issue that it is the womans body therfore it is her choice, but what about the childs body. Simplying attempting to define when the child is alive seems an awful lot like Bill Clinton attempting to describe what sexual contact is. We can rationalize and say what ever we want to make us feel better about it, but we are still trying to find some loop hole for murder. Either the fetus is a life at conception or it isn't a life until it is born. I see no middle ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join