It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Burning Quran Endangers Troops

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Is it bigotry to burn the handbook of the people chopping off the heads of your fellow servicemen to protest the murder of 3000 americans on the anniversery of the attack? I don't watch fox news but I do happen to see alot of al jazeera on the net and that's enough to make any patriot light a match to those satanic verses. they would behead me right now just for saying that, keep that in mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

Is it bigotry to burn the handbook of the people chopping off the heads of your fellow servicemen to protest the murder of 3000 americans on the anniversery of the attack? I don't watch fox news but I do happen to see alot of al jazeera on the net and that's enough to make any patriot light a match to those satanic verses. they would behead me right now just for saying that, keep that in mind.

It's a lighter version of bigotry but yes.
As is lumping in an entire religion consisting of over a billion people into a handful of extremists.
Do all christians bomb abortionist clinics or murder doctors?

edit on 8-9-2010 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

if it's only a handful of extremists then it's not really an issue whether we burn it or not is it? It's amazing to me that the "handful" of extremists can blow up so much, behead and mutilate so many, and stone and stomp to death all those poor young girls who are accused of having pre-marital sex.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

no one here has said they would kill muslims, yet they have said they will kill americans everywhere if this happens.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

no one here has said they would kill muslims, yet they have said they will kill americans everywhere if this happens.

Do you have a source for that? Which Muslims have said they will kill Americans if this happens.

What Patraues is saying is that the more anti-Muslim Americans appear to be, the easier it becomes for the Taliban to recruit.

It's media pundits saying that Americans might be killed as a result. Unless once again you can supply a source of an actual Muslim coming out on record saying they specifically plan to personally kill Americans in reprisal.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
www.foxtoledo.com...

"The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Gen. David Petraeus, has warned that the burning of the Quran could endanger U.S. troops in the country and Americans worldwide.

"If this happens, I think the first and most important reaction will be that wherever Americans are seen, they will be killed," Mohammad Mukhtar, a cleric and an election candidate for the Afghan parliament, said in Kabul. "No matter where they will be in the world they will be killed."

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Mohammed Mukhtar a cleric and candidate for election in Afghanistan said it in Kabul, it was posted by another member on the last page, are you even reading this thread? I see now it's also right above this post too.

edit on 8-9-2010 by abe froman because: added the last line :p

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I gave you FACTS you simply refused to see them. I'm a much bigger fan of some of your other threads so please take no offense where none is intended, I will not however vote for you as President of the world. Defaming the prophet is punishible by death in islam and that is a fact that I'm sure you are aware of. So by extension anyone who denies Muhammad as a prophet is defaming the prophet,espescially through the eyes of an EXTREMIST.

This is absolute nonsense. Iran has the second largest Jewish Community in the Middle East outside of Israel. Hundreds of thousands of Christians live in Lebanon. Iraq also had very large Jewish and Christian Communities.

In fact in the Middle East nations where these people live side by side they have long standing agreements about not trying to convert one another or defaming one anothers religion.

The Iranian President by the way doesn't hate Jews he hates Zionist politics. I have gotten drunk with Muslim friends, taken Muslim friends to Caesars Palace (of course of course) in Atlantic City, and Las Vegas, I have even known some to use marijuana and coc aine. Yes they pray six times a day, and I ask them politely not to include me in their prayers, as I do Christians and Jews to not include me in their prayers.

I have known hundreds of Muslims over the years none has ever tried to convert me, thousands of Jews and none has ever tried to convert, tens of thousands of christians some who have tried to convert me, not many though. I tend to be a much more corrupt influence on the religious than they are on me.

Now I know a few scientologists and they all try to convert you, I know a few moonies and they try to convert you, I know a few hare kirshnas and they try to convert you, and a couple other eastern sects where they always try to convert you.

I even know some satanists and occultists who amazingly wouldn't want me to convert even if I wanted too.

You really are stereotyping Islam on some very biased information from some very biased sources.

They are just people like the rest of us, respect them, they respect you back.

Disrespecting 1/3 of the world's population based on biased sources and no real first hand interaction by forming blanket assumptions and stereotypes is just plain silly.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
If Muslims react violently to this act of burning Qur'ans, then they will just be validating the claim that "they hate us for our freedom".

This man is burning Qur'ans in peaceful protest. You may not like it. You may not agree with it. Soldiers may be endangered because of it, but that's why they signed up for the military: TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM.

If anyone acts out violently because of this burning, it's not this man's fault. End of discussion.

Freedom is a human right that also covers your spiritual beliefs. Freedom itself is defined as "you're as free to do whatever you want as long as it does not interfere with another's freedom".

This is clearly an attack on spiritual belief, and if it is not stopped then the entire US will be held to that standard of thought because if one radical does it, then 100,000 more will probably be doing it on Youtube. If this is just some backwoods redneck, then why is this such a big story? Because he is an American citizen, raised by the American system and this is the result; and there are many more people like him.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

go to mecca and tell them you don't believe mohammed was a prophet and see if you come out alive. if you are hanging out with people who are drinking they are not muslims at all, the koran says so.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

go to mecca and tell them you don't believe mohammed was a prophet and see if you come out alive. if you are hanging out with people who are drinking they are not muslims at all, the koran says so.

Yeah imagine that most Muslims don't follow their religious texts any more than most Christians do.

Who would have figured??

By the way, what's important to the religious is that they believe someone is a prophet not that I believe some one is a prophet.

This is what you don't get, if your contentions were true, every American business person travelling in and out of Muslim nations would be killed.

Americans have enjoyed partnerships with Muslims for a hundred years, including but not limited to the Oil Companies,

How do you explain Lawrence of Arabia who enlisted over 200,000 Muslims to fight against the Ottoman Turks on behalf of the English Army?

How do you explain the Americans who are Muslims who serve in the army?

How do you explain Egyptian Troops that took part in the first Gulf War alongside Americans.

So far you have not been able to explain any of your contentions that you have no sources for.

Common sense can be your friend you know.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

At this point I don't give a d*mn about political correctness

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Mohammed Mukhtar a cleric and candidate for election in Afghanistan said it in Kabul, it was posted by another member on the last page, are you even reading this thread? I see now it's also right above this post too.

edit on 8-9-2010 by abe froman because: added the last line :p

The Vatican's "Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue" statement:

The "deplorable acts of violence" demonstrated on 9/11 "cannot be counteracted by an outrageous and grave gesture against a book considered sacred by a religious community." The 9/11 anniversary should be a moment "to offer our deep sentiments of solidarity with those who were struck by these horrendous terrorists attacks."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Rome has spoken and Caesar will be most displeased as always should his will be denied.

You must render unto Caesar that which is Caesars.

Muslim reaction is going to be the least of your concerns!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Sweet Jesus! Ok, lets all go read the "all roads lead to rome" thread again! Like the Catholics have God's final word on religious terrorism, I'll meet you at the auto de fey.

edit on 9-9-2010 by abe froman because: ordered by the pope

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

AWESOME point !
Thank you !

Also, has anyone wondered how many christians have been persecuted in muslim countries? Anyone wonder how many bibles have been burned? Even by more moderate elements? How many times have you heard christians suggest all muslims should be killed because of this?

The church is burning a book....that's it. They're not stoning a woman to death for being raped or for going to school, or for adultry, etc.. It's just a book. How is a reasonable response to suggest death to America (ie all Americans) ????

Time to wake up people. Even though we disagree with this book burning, we CANNOT allow foreign elements to dictate policy and action within the United States of America !

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

thank you, thank you, thank you.I agree with you one hundred percent! I'm glad that you have chosen to use your freedom of speech without regards to terrorist threats.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Chancellor Merkel of Germany has only yesterday assisted a ceremony
of awarding an honor in Berlin to the Danish cartoonist Westergard for
employing (enforcing) the constitutional rights of freedom of opinion.

On the occasion of her speech on this human rights issue she dis-
approved of the burning of the Quran in the US.

Muslim communities, of course, have protested.

In what is her action different from the planned one in the US ?
Is Germany now in for reprisals ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Yes I also saw the interview on my local channel news with the cleric leader from Afghanistan saying that they will kill Americans.

Now how much money is tax payers pouring for Afghanistan now? Yes I forgot, our government steals our tax payer money to do as they wish in our names.

I say to the moron Pastor in Florida, burn the darn books and burn them hot. . . that is what our government wanted just to be able to get the American Christian side of the nation to give up their love ones for their war for corporate greed, right?

Wake up people, this are the consequences of trusting a corporate government that doesn't give a darn about the people of the nation they represent.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

thank you, thank you, thank you.I agree with you one hundred percent! I'm glad that you have chosen to use your freedom of speech without regards to terrorist threats.

Thanks.
I'm surprised how many people can't/won't see the big picture...maybe in the name of political correctness? fear? I guess it really doesn't matter why but that they don't see what's going on around them.

I hate the KKK but support their RIGHT to march.
I hate Westburo baptist church but support their RIGHT to speak.
I hate book burnings in general but again, I support their RIGHT to do it.

Why? Because we cannot pick and choose who gets these rights or nobody will. I also REFUSE to bow to foreign threats. Those who would threaten to do harm to our troops or our citizens must not be allowed to do so without severe consequences.

To quote sane Mel, "They may take our lives but they cannot take our FREEDOM !"

Please people, understand what's really going on here. If we try and strip this stupid little church of their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, to try and make some nut jobs happy, they win. From that day forward, they will be able to dictate law and policy within The United States of America.

So it's time to pick a side:
1. The terrorists
2. FREEDOM

I pick freedom even it's more ugly forms.
Thanks Abe for your common sense and quality posts ! I'd give you 50 stars if I could !

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Oh, the big picture, my friend, Americas government sold this nation for money a long time ago, that is why we most kiss now the butts of every nation that buys our debt so we can still call our selves the greatest nation of the world, without hurting the feelings of our debtors.

Now that corporate entities can buy into our whore politicians you will see worst in the years to come.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join