It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Burning Quran Endangers Troops

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Jesus/Yeshua,name above ALL names.
One day, even mohammed will bow before
Jesus/Yeshua.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't really understand why the general would comment on it publicly, you would think the FBI would confront the pastor or something since the general is considering it a nation security threat... just seems odd. Is it for public support? or just hyped disinfo there to distract.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Getting along with others in this world is not necessarily a good quality of a human being. Mafia members get along very well with the people they prey upon. Bush did get along very well with the American people too.

We see how the whole world is corrupt and evil every day from this forum. On the other hand, Islam does not solve any of those problems; instead, it adds numerous problems to the society by the indiscriminate killings by the followers of Mohammed.

If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why there is no Moslems picketing and rioting in the street condemning the killings by their own?

Very sick, isn't it?

The lack of the condemnation of the evil killings is the same as being a conspirator and also a collaborator.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

This thread (due in large part to it's op) has strayed off topic. the whole thing here is freedom of speech, if you can burn a flag and a bible under the bill of rights then you can also burn the koran, the talmud ,the shirmad bhagvata, beatles records,your bra or any damn thing else you want, and for a U.S. General to try to encourage U.S. citizens to suspend their freedoms so as not to incite our sworn enemies is shameful.After all isn't his job supposed to be upholding and defending them?

edit on 8-9-2010 by abe froman because: ghost of elvis told me to

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

No reason to hide he fact that someone wants to burn Koran. In Islam, there are things you are not allowed to discuss in public. That is not the case in the US. We have freedom of speech. And that includes the right to burn Koran.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think flying planes into buildings killing THOUSANDS should cause wars not a book burning

Good Grief; People put pee and poo on Jesus pictures that some sickos call art that is paid for with tax money and we don't kill people over it.
Burn the muslie 'how to kill 101' book ...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think the difference is that Jesus was killed by the evils of the society at the time. Instead Mohammed killed and urged his deciples to kill people who didn't want to follow him. The ramification is the huge and incomparable. Here, one is killed while teaching and promoting peace in the world and the other killed people who would not follow him instead.

No teachings in words matters, what they taught in action is what really matters.

If everyone is willing to be killed by promoting peace as Jesus taught by his own action, why not we can achieve peace in the world. But the other is the totallly opposite, we will have constant killings in the world by following Mohammed.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Petraeus: Burning Quran Endangers Troops

www.military.com

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan warned Tuesday an American church's threat to burn copies of the Muslim holy book could endanger U.S. troops in the country and Americans worldwide.

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Gen. David Petraeus said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

If we have to run around being afraid of offending them then we have lost and may as well convert or pay the dhimmi tax today.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think flying planes into buildings killing THOUSANDS should cause wars not a book burning

Good Grief; People put pee and poo on Jesus pictures that some sickos call art that is paid for with tax money and we don't kill people over it.
Burn the muslie 'how to kill 101' book ...

It did. We just didn't have the guts to declare it. Other than that I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

This thread (due in large part to it's op) has strayed off topic. the whole thing here is freedom of speech, if you can burn a flag and a bible under the bill of rights then you can also burn the koran, the talmud ,the shirmad bhagvata, beatles records,your bra or any damn thing else you want, and for a U.S. General to try to encourage U.S. citizens to suspend their freedoms so as not to incite our sworn enemies is shameful.After all isn't his job supposed to be upholding and defending them?

edit on 8-9-2010 by abe froman because: ghost of elvis told me to

Sure, you can go ahead and burn the Quran, but why would you?
The ONLY thing it's going to accomplish is more hatred of America in Muslim countries.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

I think the difference is that Jesus was killed by the evils of the society at the time. Instead Mohammed killed and urged his deciples to kill people who didn't want to follow him. The ramification is the huge and incomparable. Here, one is killed while teaching and promoting peace in the world and the other killed people who would not follow him instead.

No teachings in words matters, what they taught in action is what really matters.

If everyone is willing to be killed by promoting peace as Jesus taught by his own action, why not we can achieve peace in the world. But the other is the totallly opposite, we will have constant killings in the world by following Mohammed.

If only the bible was only about Jesus, eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In the op this is about the responsibility that goes along with freedom of speech, I find it interesting that some of you use YOUR freedom of speech to browbeat others into not using theirs.

The only thing I am asking people to do if they make outrageous claims to provide sources for them.

Lot's of people in fact stray off topic in these threads making outrageous claims that it then turns out they have no credible source for.

That's not browbeating people that's asking them to substantiate how they arrived at the conclusion that they want others to share.

If you say Muslims hate Christians because Christians worship Christ but Jesus is in fact the second most important prophet in Islam, then you need a real source to display that Muslims are taught to hate Christians for their belief in Christ.

I honestly think so many religious threads and topics and religious oriented posters degrade the fact that ATS is a conspiracy site dedicated too civil discussion, conspiracies and alternative topics.

The religious take things on faith, ATS members require some proof and facts.

Don't be surprised when someone on ATS asks you for proof to back up what you are saying.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Patraeus is worried about how this might effect U.S. Troops who are there by force of arms in countries many would argue they are destroying.

Since these troops are in essence 'guests' (uninvited) in Afganistan and Iraq and other places like Kuwaiit and Saudi Arabia (invited) America appearing anti-Islamic is a real concern.

Sorry but that's not acceptable. The reality is that these radicals are being allowed to dictate policy and law within the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

These nuts who want to burn the quran have the RIGHT to do it whether or not we agree with them or not.

Further burning the symbol of nation (the flag) is not on the same level as burning religious texts the symbol of people's faith in a God.

Yes it is. I consider my nations flag to be more important than the quran as it is part of my faith. If they will not compromise, why should I ?

If this upsets you burn an Iraqi or Afghani Flag.

Or the quran. You see to me, muslim religious texts have no more value then a dictionary or a comic book.

In fact respecting other people's religions is just common sense and courtesy, not cow towing.

So is not burning the United States flag.

This leads me to point 2. Should terrorists be able to dictate what happens in the US by using fear or any other method? If we tell this little church they can't burn the books or even suggest they shouldn't, we are allowing terrorists to dictate legal actions within the US. If we do this once, we will do this again.

Think about that a second how the founders wanted no standing army, and the states to maintain citizen militias and we now have a Homeland Security Department that can basically trample the consitution at will using 'national security' as a justification to deny people due process, detain them indefinately, spy without warrant, search with out informing, and assissinate abroad.
I completely agree on this aspect. I don't care who wants to violate the Constitution...whether it be foreign or domestic...it's wrong.

The terrorists are in Washington, those are the people who would have you believe and me believe we are in imminent danger of the small minority of Muslims in this nation instilling Sharia Law on the other 95%.

There are terrorists in washington and around the world. Muslim extremist terrorists declared war on the United States of America just as Bush declared war on America when his administration attempted to circumvent the Constitution on a number of occasions.

You see the 600,000 laws on the books that regulate every facet of our existence don't permit open outdoor burning this time of year in this particular Florida County!

As a result armed agents of the State will see that it is promptly put out and he is fined for doing so!

There is your terrorists!

I guess they need to find a nice big burn pit or fireplace. But they aren't the ONLY terrorists.

edit on 8-9-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
www.foxtoledo.com...

"If this happens, I think the first and most important reaction will be that wherever Americans are seen, they will be killed," Mohammad Mukhtar, a cleric and an election candidate for the Afghan parliament, said in Kabul. "No matter where they will be in the world they will be killed."

edit on 8-9-2010 by Cavannah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

those that hate us aren't going to hate us any more than they do already. why are so many willing to give up their rights so easily? they burn US flags all the time. They behead americans on tv every chance they get yet I'm supposed to bow down before them? I think not. this is nothing more than being P.C. to the extreme. If you are so worried about offending muslims, convert. Otherwise you're an infidel. There is no freedom of religion in Islam people, wake up!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

1. to "defame the prophet" is just cause for murder in Islam. 2. to claim Jesus is the last prophet of God (as christians do) is "defaming the prophet". I hope you understand my point now as I have used the smallest words possible.

That is simply your personal interpretation. If I claim Led Zeppelin is the greatest Rock Band of all time that is not defaming the Rolling Stones.

Saying the Rolling Stones suck is defaming the Rolling Stones.

You are simply making an assumption and drawing conclusions for an 1/3 of the globe based on how you imagine they arrive at their conclusions.

Jesus is the second most important prophet in Islam.

Not being Islamic is not defaming Islam, saying bad things about Islam that aren't true, is defaming Islam.

Huge difference.

You probably would not like it if people said bad things about your Mother, especially anyone who did not know her, to Muslims their view on their main prophet is similiar.

If you wouldn't go around saying bad things about someone's mother you don't personally know, why would you go around saying bad things about the prophet they believe brought them their version of the same God Christians and Jews worship who between the latter two of them also differ on prophets and what God wants.

The religious just need to learn to respect one another, and respect is something that starts with you, not the other guy.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The vast majority of Muslims in the Middle East are going to hate America anyway,no matter what we do,so to hell with them. I'm sick of America selling out and being apologetic to It's enemies.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I gave you FACTS you simply refused to see them. I'm a much bigger fan of some of your other threads so please take no offense where none is intended, I will not however vote for you as President of the world. Defaming the prophet is punishible by death in islam and that is a fact that I'm sure you are aware of. So by extension anyone who denies Muhammad as a prophet is defaming the prophet,espescially through the eyes of an EXTREMIST.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

those that hate us aren't going to hate us any more than they do already. why are so many willing to give up their rights so easily? they burn US flags all the time. They behead americans on tv every chance they get yet I'm supposed to bow down before them? I think not. this is nothing more than being P.C. to the extreme. If you are so worried about offending muslims, convert. Otherwise you're an infidel. There is no freedom of religion in Islam people, wake up!!!

I never once said I was giving up any rights of mine.
I just don't like to burn books because of bigotry.
Nobody is asking you to bow down before them, and if there are some extremists that are, you don't have to listen to them.
I'm not worried about offending muslims either.
I'm just wondering how brainwashed fox news has made you.

edit on 8-9-2010 by hippomchippo because: Typos.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

The vast majority of Muslims in the Middle East are going to hate America anyway,no matter what we do,so to hell with them. I'm sick of America selling out and being apologetic to It's enemies.

Fighting bigotry with bigotry.
Does that usually work?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join