It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shadow That Wouldn't Leave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Hi Rainbowresidue! Thanks for sharing your story! Must have been quite traumatizing for you as a little boy to live with the dread of going to bed and fining this thing every other night. I've had some similar experiences all through my childhood and teen years! Though I have to say that I'm quite spiritually sensitive still today. I'm wondering how did you develop the paranormal gifts of seeing and hearing spirits. Has it always been with you or is it something that developed over time?

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

But I'm a woman
!!!
Hi ringht_n_wrong ,
I wish I had the time to start a thread on spirits, I might in the future but not now. I have been able to see spirits since the same time I have been able to see this shadow entity. The ability to see spirits as clear as daylight never went away for me. I do have problems hearing them though. My brother is my opposite. He can hear them better, and feel it if they are around but can't see them.

Maybe if you started a thread on spirits, I'd be happy to post there.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I believe your story, as I too have seen shadow people. Always when I'm falling asleep, or waking up. They just stare at me, standing, they do not move and they disappear very fast (they are only visible for at most a few seconds). They feel extremely evil and menacing. They are usually black, but sometimes they appear red. The last shadow creature I saw, even though I couldn't see its eyes, I could feel them piercing me. Sometimes I can make out a cloth like material they are wearing, it looks almost identical to the Darth Sidious attire from Star Wars.

I suspect that I am slightly psychic, so maybe that is helping me see these entities. For example, with enough time and focus and I can send myself into this state where I can see this strange light around plants. It's a color that does not exist in our spectrum. It's extremely bright with a blueish tint, the rest I can't compare to any color; it's beautiful and feels very peaceful. I focus myself into this state by completely clearing my head (that means no thoughts at all, not even a hint of one) and I stare at a fixed point, a very small point, as my vision cannot deviate. Then after about 10 minutes of staring, never moving my eyes...I notice things start getting very bright and have an almost angelic glow to them. Then suddenly all the plants around me turn this fantastic color I'm talking about. If I move my eyes even the slightest when this happens I lose the vision. But even when I lose this vision...

I notice an energy radiating and swirling around my hands. This energy is further amplified when pressing hard on the center of my palms with my thumbs. I have noticed that when I place my hands near glass, a funneling spiraling motion of moisture appears which I can control in intensity with my own willpower. I'm talking 2d moisture, stuck to the glass. It resembles a swirling magnetic field, in that it is very chaotic and not at all like water going down a drain. Among other things, I've predicted when people would call, what people are thinking, what their true intentions are, and very often mimic other people's movements in parallel (multiple times everyday).

Anyone else experience anything like this? Or am I bonkers (I would have to say that is pretty likely after rereading what I just wrote) LOL

EDIT: Btw, if you're wondering how I got into this staring business. I read an article on how to see auras on the interwebs and that's how it told me to accomplish the task.

edit on 14-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Unfortunately I do have a lot of knowlege of the spirit world, not in a way I would have wanted. I've found out that I have spiritual discernment which means I can sense when there are bad spirits, and I am almost always 100% accurate in detecting them. I can even sense them in people believe it or not, and they let me know I am on to them. Anyway I did not sense an evil spirit when my dog was behaving that way, and whatever it was it was gone in about 3 days.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Maybe you, and others like you, have a special ability that draw the beings to you. Rather like a portal. Perhaps this is why the majority of people do not have these experiences.

You know what? I think you're right. I also think that people who have gifts always end up finding each other. I have been to several countries teaching English before I got married to my husband, and have somehow always managed to meet people who had paranormal experiences. I also met another woman from Canada, who was a very strong sensitive, and she had also met the shadow people, but she on the conrtrary to me was never afraid of it. It only appeared a few times for her though. She said a prayer and it went away for good.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why do you believe the being is a demon? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaorishGuy
The face was a faint gray but still looked kinda black, just enough to see an outline. That feeling you got of it smiling is correct, it's a creepy evil smile. All it's teethes were pointed and smiled in a similar manner as the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. It's eyes we're kind of like this smiley face's eyes ^_^, but rounded instead of pointed at the tops and a bit open so you can see a dark grayish scaler.

Hey LaorishGuy,

I quoted your last posted here cause it reminded me of a experience that I had when I was 15 back in my home country.

I had just watched a movie and went to room to go to sleep. I had 3 younger brothers sleeping with me in the same room. We had 2 bunk beds in our room. I slept on the top bunk. The lights were off and I started to climb up to the top bunk when I felt that something was staring at me somewhere in the room. I turned around and look at bottom bed of the opposite bunk bed and I saw a little boy around 4, max 6 years old siting next to one of my brothers(which were asleep). I stared at it for awhile and noticed there was something else in the room and right next to the opposite bunk bed, there was some kind of south american native with some kind of a huge mask just standing there looking at me. I got quite curious about it and climbed down from the top bunk and walked straight up to the native, and just stared at it. Then very slowly it took off its mask and to my horror it had half of its face totally burned. I Looked to the side of native and the little kid was now looking at me in the same way that LaorishGuy described. I'll quote him here:

The face was a faint gray but still looked kinda black, just enough to see an outline. That feeling you got of it smiling is correct, it's a creepy evil smile. All it's teethes were pointed and smiled in a similar manner as the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. It's eyes we're kind of like this smiley face's eyes ^_^, but rounded instead of pointed at the tops and a bit open so you can see a dark grayish scaler.

Then it hit me that these were actually evil spirits and I tried to reach for the switch as fast as I could but for some reason I couldn't find it then after almost 30 secs of frantic search throughout the area on the wall of where I knew the light switch was I just opened the door and ran out of my room straight to my moms room. I was freaked out and shaking and couldn't sleep for 3 or 4 days cause I was so scared of these things returning.

Anyways thats just one the things that happened to me in that house!
But its quite incredible that the smile that you saw on that entitys face was exactly like the one I saw. I can even picture in it in my mind again!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

Please understand that I have been terrorized by demons, much like you have. It wasn't until I learned that they come in through demonic items, that I learned how to get rid of and control them, and I also give credit to my prayers to Jesus and his guardian angels. Whenever unusual things would start to happen, I would look around the house to find the source of their attachment. For example, things would start falling off the shelves in my son's room for no apparent reason. Many times there were things my kids brought in that I was unaware of. In this case, I found a World of Warcraft game book under my son's bed, which I stuck in a drawer. Once the items were gone, the strange occurances would be gone as well. Something to keep in mind.

Peace and good luck!

You know, I actually heard about this before, an object attracting a spirit or evil entity. I used to keep mountaincrystals in the corners of my room, after charging them for extra protection, but since my husband brought me 2 kittens and they always tried eating the crystals, I had to put them away. The crystals!!! not the cats.

I was given a book of dark magic once, as a birthday gift from someone who wasn't actually my friend. A real friend of mine would never bring me such a gift. My whole home had such a bad vibe, I don't believe in throwing books away, but I just had to get rid of this book.

I think that shadow people come to you for another reason though, and not because you have some object lying around that they like. Since I was just a little girl when it started coming, and all I had were Barbie dolls, and stuffed animal toys.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

Hi Rainbowresidue! Thanks for sharing your story! Must have been quite traumatizing for you as a little boy to live with the dread of going to bed and fining this thing every other night. I've had some similar experiences all through my childhood and teen years! Though I have to say that I'm quite spiritually sensitive still today. I'm wondering how did you develop the paranormal gifts of seeing and hearing spirits. Has it always been with you or is it something that developed over time?

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

But I'm a woman
!!!
Hi ringht_n_wrong ,
I wish I had the time to start a thread on spirits, I might in the future but not now. I have been able to see spirits since the same time I have been able to see this shadow entity. The ability to see spirits as clear as daylight never went away for me. I do have problems hearing them though. My brother is my opposite. He can hear them better, and feel it if they are around but can't see them.

Maybe if you started a thread on spirits, I'd be happy to post there.

OOPS!!!!
Sorry for the wrong assumption. Anyways if you want to we can start a thread on spirits together. I'd be more than happy to be partners with ya!!!You can U2U me if you're interested. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hummmmm, I never thought of the atraction between people with such abilities before. Interesting thought.
I often feel a presence, but never really see anything.. As I said, just glimpses.

Mybe I am just slightly empathic, but nothing more.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Alright then, I guess the scared dog mystery is resolved. But yeah the gift of spiritual discernment is incredible. I have it too, and I can feel when theres an evil spirit around or in someone and yeah they also kindda let me know that they are watching me too, as in trying to warn me to not try anything funny like calling in the name of Jesus to cast them out or what not. Since I couldn't be bothered by their threats I always whisper a quick prayer for protection and for angels to keep any possible demon manifestations at bay. Usually helps and I've always been safe when going about my day to day biz.

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Mybe I am just slightly empathic, but nothing more. (emphasis mine)

Now that word jumps out at me!

Several years ago my former employer had a halloween party at his house and as part of it he hired a psychic to do readings for his guests. When the time came for my reading the psychic got really excited and kept telling me that I was a really strong natural empath. There's more to all that she said but that one word really stuck with me.

Hrm....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Why do you believe the being is a demon? Just curious.

Hi Alora,

Just as I always know if I will get along with a person well or not, or if a person is lying to me or not, or if a person is nice or mean.... call it gut instinct, intuition, being psychic.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I had no explanation for it, till this day I still think about it. Sometimes even hoping it might come back so I can get a better idea on what it was or what it wanted. That house that I lived in always had a bad vibe, my mother would often look scared during the night I don't know why. She told me a story that had happen to her there after my experience, I really don't remember the story but it had to do with a man pulling her leg and dropping her to the floor while she was laying down on the couch.

Thanks for replying to my post, it is nice to know that I'm not the only with terrifying experiences. :]

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I blame the occult. My house had problems because a witch had lived there. It got to be too much for her and she tried to escape it. I ended up getting rid of it by praying in Jesus name. It came back but could not get into the house. I felt nothing but pure hatred looking at me from outside my house. Last fall we started having problems again. I traced it to my daughter. She was into vampires and stuff. She was depressed all the time too. I had a vision of it and a couple days later my daughter saw the shadow at the foot of her bed. My sister slept in her room one night and woke up to the smell of sulfer. Her sister had a dream that it was chasing them. We are not finished with it yet because my daughter wants to have her cake and eat it too. I am not going to try and get it out in Jesus name because it was invited in by her. It woke me up several weeks ago with a heavy sigh. It has turned our power off a couple of times and shut some doors. I have gotten rid of all books and music that could be an open door for this thing. There is tremendous power in the name of Jesus. I am not ashamed of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I hope your daughter comes to her senses because if she doesn't get rid of it, which only she can because she invited it, it will eventually possess her. I can tell that you are protected but keep praying for her protection and for the fact that she will come to her senses and want to get rid of it. There is tremendous power in prayer, I believe it will save your daughter.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Hey it's good to know there is someone else out there with the same gift.

I feel like sometimes that it is a curse because I will meet people and they will call themselves out without me realizing it at first. The demon inside them seems to know who I am and about my gift and they will start mocking, sometimes in not so obvious but subtle ways. And the people who are possessed have no idea who I am, in some cases I have never seen them before in my life. The biggest giveway besides the mocking is their inability to look me in the eye.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JACKRADAKILL
I think it's a form of 'pre-sleep paralysis' producing hypnagogic imagery... the mind has a field day trying to make sense of it when it happens, especially at such a young age. My sleep paralysis battle is very similar to your story, from about ages 3-21. Almost the instant the light went off, my whole body would feel heavy and acutely restricted, followed by 'crackly sparkly energy stuff' and shadowy beings and the general sense of pure terror.

Have you always had a very active imagination and always been a generally relaxed person?

My doc at the time put it down to a sleeping condition in which my body falling deeply asleep while my mind was still going full speed was inducing all sorts of sensory distortions.

The hallucinations I experienced were always relative to whatever I feared most at that age, I believe your religious views were the driving force behind what you were seeing, although the shadowbeing is a dead-set classic sleep paralysis symptom.

That's an unlikely explanation in this situation. Mainly because these shadow person sighting don't vary in their appearance or behavior. If there figments of the imagination, they should change or morph on occasion. Why is it people never see them with horns? Why are they always man shaped? Why not hell hounds or winded demons?

I'm very adept at controlling my dreams, and have encountered these shadow people who defy my best attempts to influence them in any way.

Originally posted by CHA0S
Firstly...why would Angels and Demons be fighting with swords...isn't that a bit...cliche?

Assuming these are entities from some unfamiliar plane, then everything about them is "alien" to us. We can only perceive in terms of things we understand. So perhaps they were clashing with something other than swords, but the sword archetype was the closest thing the perceiver had to describe what was happening, so he heard swords.

It's like trying to build a lego space ship from a medieval lego set. You'll use the top of a tower spire for the nose cone of your ship, and maybe some swords as antennae.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Yeah buddy, they just can't look you in the eye! Sounds far fetched but its true. They know that if they do they will see the light that we carry inside, and will have to be confronted, hence their mockery or the subtlety in their mockery! Plus small time evil spirits will waste their time mocking you and trying to scare you where as the "big" ones will just stay quiet and won't even make themselves known. Of course this could be for different reasons but usually they know best and they are not stupid in getting into confrontations unless they really need to! I never ever take them for granted though, no matter what I aways keep my guard up and my eyes wide open. Anyways bro, whatever you do stay safe!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

edit on 16-9-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hi chaos

that sounded so scary I don't know what I would have done if something like that happened to me I totally didn't no those entities could follow you. its really reasuring to know you can call your guardian angel for help

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was four when I saw a dark robed figure float into my room where my twin brother and I slept. Above it was a twinkling thing like you described a whole bunch of stars so to speak that formed the shape of a human figure. The robed figure didn't walk on the floor and didn't have a face that was visble just darkness where his face should be. It came over and I felt it pat me on the back. I was wide awake and staring at it. Then it turned and went into the bedroom in front of mine and I could see into it from my bedroom as they were across from each other and I saw the robed figure lift my baby brother out of his crib. I then cried out and it dropped him and disappeared. My twin brother saw the same thing so I know I wasn't dreaming it.

Also other people in my family, relatives, like cousins who lived in different cities had the same problem and saw the same things. One cousin, who is the same age as I, who lived a few hundred miles away saw the same hooded figure, it came into his room and picked him up and threw him in the closet and closed the door on him.

To this day I don't know why they bothered all my family except for the fact that I know my grandfather was a practicing sorcerer and a 32nd degree Freemason. He left Freemasonry after wicked spirit forces drove my uncle, my granddad's son, to commit suicide.

Well at least that's what I'm told. I didn't even know what freemasonry was until he was on his deathbed and started talking about it to me while I sat with him. In his library when he died I found all kinds of stuff on Freemasonry which I read, and a lot of other occulltic literature and things he was into. He was into some pretty freaky stuff.

If the occultic stuff he was involved in was related to the Freemasonry I don't know. I remember him telling me that in Freemasonry they did practice the occult. And I've heard members since then who are freemasons who deny it. So perhaps they are just groups of people within freemasonry that practice it, and not all of them? I don't know. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be just stating what I know.

In his mansion where my uncle killed himself (he was a teenager and not out of the house) in the attic there was a sign of the zodiac and a circle. And there was a manican too, that my dad said would change its clothes by itself from time to time and sometimes talk to him.

I can assure you though that if you are into tarot card reading and meditation you are also involved with the occult, and it is of no surprise that you have problems with wicked spirit forces. They may fool you into thinking you have protective guardian angels, but they are not angels, even if they do protect you which is possible to a degree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join