It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shadow That Wouldn't Leave

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah you could say that lol, What you experienced though... man what happened to you was pretty much my ultimate subconscious fear of the probability that a ghost or whatever kind of paranormal entity would come from nowhere and torment me. It never happened but i keep my guard up to this day. what instilled the belief and fear of the paranormal into me was another incident where I was very angry at my mother and life, it was late at night and everyone was asleep. (about 14 years old) I was so mad that I didn't care about anything, so I started to put out as much negative energy as I could even inviting what ever evil to come into my home, I honestly didnt care just laying in my bed. Then my mother suddenly yelled my name asking what the heck was I doing, i asked her why. (my mother could see spirits and the like and said she also protected our house) She explained to me that while she was sleeping she suddenly got knocked out of her body to the sight of a lot evil entity's trying to get into the house, but supposedly the only way they could enter the house was through her, she said that she had to manually force them all out of her body and re enter it before she could wake up, she said it felt like she got hit by a train and out of her body she went. So never the less I stopped all dabbling in paranormal. The fear of life.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Hello Prophecywatcher,

I'm glad to finally meet someone who's had a similar experience. Yes, Tarot reading has been in my family, so are you suggesting this entity could have been around in my family for a while? I know that my grandmother learned how to read tarot cards from her mother, but I never cared to ask how far this actually goes back. Unfortunately my grandmother past away last year in July, so now I'll never know if this entity was perhaps bothering her too.

I do use protection before I begin my readings, but I think you hit on something here. I just wish I could have asked my grandmother about it.

Thanks for your help.

Tarot Cards are tools of the devil and if you use them, you are inviting them in your home and they are communicating with you through those cards. I don't know what you are using for protection, but with my experience, there is no protection when you have tools like this in your home. I'm surprised that the angels came to help you with things like this in your presence. Usually God will not intervene under these circumstances.

After allowing them in, the first thing these evil spirits do is terroize you until you submit by lettting them possess you. Once you become possesed by them, it will seem as if they are gone because they no longer try to make you afraid of them, since there is no longer a need and they got what they wanted. I hope this didn't happen to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Good post, I don't have an answer to what it wanted or why had it happened. sorry :\

I have a experience of my own but I only saw it once. When I was about 5 years old I lived in a 1 bedroom house with my parents, brother and sister. In the room was a bunk bed for the for us kids and my parent's bed was across the room by a window, only thing between us was dresser with a big mirror on it. One night I woke up during the middle of the night, everyone else was asleep. When I had looked across the room I saw 2 men standing close to the edge of the my parent's bed. They were standing back to back one staring at my parents and the other to the wall, with them was a female with long hair. There was a little bit of light coming from the window so it wasn't super dark in the room, but yet the figures were all blacker than black. The female started to go to me and moved side to side but very slow and I could see that her legs were not moving but yet she was slowly getting close to me. Once I saw her reach out her arm at me I went under the covers and I could just feel something next to me. I worked up the courage to get up (with my eyes closed of course) and went for the lights, of course there was no one else in the room besides us 5 that lived there. I still think about till this day wondering what it was and what it wanted, and the reason I do is because my brother had seen it also the same week.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I believe your story. I had a very similar experience several years ago. I too heard the clashing of swords and the thuds of bodies being thrown around. I was also communicated with by my angel when I prayed to God and asked what was going on. The angel said, "Hush, it's alright." It is a long story and one I won't go into on this forum. S&F for you.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Hi there,

I know the slow walking and sometimes side-ways walking motion was the weirdest. I have read other account of these experiences, but they seem to stop for other people when they get older. My bad experience followed me up until I was 21.

I was actually a little afraid of posting this thread. I was afraid some people will think I'm nuts. I had no idea that some other few people had actually experienced the same things. Now I really wish I knew what it was.

Thanks for adding your two cents. I really appreciate it.

edit on 073030p://f44Tuesday by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Sounds to me like your mom is a very spiritual person and strong psychic. I'm sure you have your own abilties too. You can't witness the things that you did without being a 'sensitive' yourself.

I have heard of negative emotions, and negative thoughts invting negative energy into your home, but never actually had the sort of scary experience you had in your mom's home.

A few years ago, I was living in another country and teaching English there. It was a very poor country, and I was alone and very unhappy with my job and my bosses. I would go over to my neighbor to vent my anger off, and on many occasions when I was complaining angrily about my boss, a light bulb in the living room would burst, where we sat. After a few light bulb bursts, my friend asked me to either not be so upset when I go over, or start buying her light bulbs.

edit on 083030p://f12Tuesday by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue

Hello Prophecywatcher,

I'm glad to finally meet someone who's had a similar experience. Yes, Tarot reading has been in my family, so are you suggesting this entity could have been around in my family for a while? I know that my grandmother learned how to read tarot cards from her mother, but I never cared to ask how far this actually goes back. Unfortunately my grandmother past away last year in July, so now I'll never know if this entity was perhaps bothering her too.

I do use protection before I begin my readings, but I think you hit on something here. I just wish I could have asked my grandmother about it.

Thanks for your help.

Tarot Cards are tools of the devil and if you use them, you are inviting them in your home and they are communicating with you through those cards. I don't know what you are using for protection, but with my experience, there is no protection when you have tools like this in your home. I'm surprised that the angels came to help you with things like this in your presence. Usually God will not intervene under these circumstances.

After allowing them in, the first thing these evil spirits do is terroize you until you submit by lettting them possess you. Once you become possesed by them, it will seem as if they are gone because they no longer try to make you afraid of them, since there is no longer a need and they got what they wanted. I hope this didn't happen to you.

Dear friend,
Please understand that I absolutely agree with you on the tarot cards subject. We may have our differences as to how safe or good it is to use with the proper protection of my guardian angels, but I'm trying to point out very clearly that this entity experience of mine didn't start now in my thirties or late twenties, it began when I was only around 3-4 years old, and my mother never used tarot cards.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spocks

Hi Spocks,
The way you described it, sounds pretty much like my experience, except you had more of them. Did you ever try to find out what they were? Every time this dark entity appeared in my room, I never for a single second had any doubt that it wanted to harm me in some way. I know that children are more intuitve than some grownups, and know or feel these things without anyone explaining it to them.

Thanks for sharing your story

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Hi again Rainbowresidue!

When I was a teenager I had a shadow that followed me around quite often. Friends would often see it and I would eventually have to just tell them that it was something I didn't quite get and that it was what it was. For reasons I don't remember I decided to refer to it as a "wraith" and got to the point where I paid little mind to it. Then, one day, in my mid twenties, it just stopped coming around.

The footnote is that last year I got back into contact, via Facebook, with the sister of a woman I dated back then and the sister swears to me that the shadow is now around her and has been since about the time that I stopped seeing it.

Maybe I was just a crazy kid. Maybe my ex's sister is kind of crazy now.I can't say. But I know that I'd pass a polygraph test regarding all this. So, real or not, it seemed real enough to me.

A last footnote... I actually think I kind of miss the shadow/wraith thing. It was a great conversation starter.

edit on 9/14/10 by Hefficide because: to add a missed detail

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
I believe your story. I had a very similar experience several years ago. I too heard the clashing of swords and the thuds of bodies being thrown around. I was also communicated with by my angel when I prayed to God and asked what was going on. The angel said, "Hush, it's alright." It is a long story and one I won't go into on this forum. S&F for you.

Hi Hardamber,

Thanks

Thank you for letting me know that this didn't only happen to me. The thing is I know that there are many similar cases like this happening to people, young and old, all around the world. Yet nobody really knows what this entity is and what it wants!!!

Most people call them 'shadow people' and others have never even heard about it before.
The strange thing is that I actually did ask my guardian angels what this entity was but never got an answer. I was just told not to worry anymore and that it was finally over.

What is this thing, demon, entity, and why on earth are they bothering us?

Due to my own experience and reading other people's stories these are the things I could come up with so far.

Characteristics of the dark entity (shadow person):

- Afraid of light
-vanishes in light
-can be destroyed by angels
-moves very slowly, sometimes also slowly sideways
-blacker than black, even easily visble in a dark room at night
-face cannot be seen, nor color of clothing because it's just plain black
-no faul odor or smell
-doesn't talk
-appears to people of all ages but mostly children and yound adults
-makes the person it appears to feel a great sense of danger and fear
-reason for appearance unknown
-where does it come from? unknown

These are just a few things I could think of, if you or anybody knows anything else, please let me know.

Maybe we could come closer to finding out what this entity is and what its purpose is.

Thanks for all your insight

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And hello to you too my friend.

You said you never saw rainbowresidue before? Look at my avatar.

Thanks for sharing your story. Now that really surprised me. I never heard of this shadow entity going from one person to another. I guess if all the people who have had experiences with this type of entity sat down to talk and share their stories, we might just be able to come up with more of its characteristics and what it actually is. Was yours following you in broad daylight? Mine never appeared in daylight. Could it be that yours was a different type of entity? I know I keep using the word entity but until I can come up with a better name for it, I'll just stick to that.

Thanks, and it was nice bumping into you again.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
These are incredible accounts. Although spiritual, I cannot say that I am a mainstream religion believer. I do believe in God, although not in the Cristian/Jewish.Islamice sense.

I have had some strange experiences, such as glimpses of figures shadows and feelings of dread in certain places.

My 1st wife once told me that she watched me have a conversation with a grey lady that was sitting on our bed. This in itself was strange, as I have no recolection of it. She told me that I had woken her up with my voice. She opened her eyes to see her sitting on the edge of the bed, on my side, talking to me. Apparently I was sat up. However, when my wife spoke, the lady stood up and faded away. I then laid down and went to sleep without speaking.

Your cases are totally different. Could it be that you yourself is projecting the imagry, including the conflict at the end? Interdimentional beings? Or perhaps my beliefs are totally wrong and there are in fact angels of the Bible.

edit on 14/9/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I can't recall ever seeing my shadow thing during the daylight, or even out of doors.

For me it always appeared as a shadow upon the wall, as if somebody were walking through the room. It was't shy, at all, and would do this in front of friends - even rooms filled with friends. Imagine being at a small house party, several people sitting around having drinks and, suddenly, a very pronounced shadow crosses a wall or two in an area where nobody is even standing. That's how it was. People would freak out and I'd have to explain to them that it was just something that happened in my world and I had no good explanation of what it was or why it came around. After awhile it got to be so pedestrian that friends would simply say "Hey, John, your thing just walked by..."

As far as being alone goes, it always seemed to come around when I was getting ready to go to bed, or had just gone to bed. I never remember being afraid of it though. In fact I felt like it was protective and not harmful.

When I was a teenager I went through a really rebellious phase (some would say I never stopped being rebellious!) and I went through a period where I played with black magic and satanism in about the most stupid of all possible ways. I didn't really believe in it so I'd errantly read aloud any invocation or spell that I got near. I think, in reality, I was daring God, the Devil, or any other force in the universe to actually show up so that I'd know, for sure, what to believe. But then again, maybe I was just a bit arrogant. I think probably both.

Anyway, when the shadow showed up I kind of figured it was just a side effect of messing around with mystic things and magic. By my late teens / early twenties, when all this was going on, my priorities has shifted to drinking and socializing and the shadow thing just kind of fit into it all, in a weird way.

I know it probably sounds disingenuous to say that I took it all in stride. But, honestly, my life was crazy enough in several ways, back then, that taking things in stride was a lot more common for me than actually taking the time to analyze them.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I know I didn't imagine this , and surely not for 18 years! Interdimensional beings? Now that sounds interesting, I think I mentioned this before that if they were indeed from a different dimension, it might explain the slow motion walking thing.

Are there angels of the Bible? Although I have read the Bible and as Abba sang it so nicely " I believe in angels" , I cannot say that to any person for sure. I am not an expert enough on the subject to say whether all the angels in the Bible exist or not. I did have a couple of visions of Archangel Michael though during meditations through out the years.

Yes, I do believe in angels, and especially my guardian angels.

I have seen spirits with my own eyes, during the day and at night also, and I can say this for sure:
You cannot confuse a spirit/ghost for a shadow person. Spirits I have seen always appeared in color, slightly transparent, and floating, or sitting. Sometimes they even spoke , but I couldn't always hear them, I have to admit that. (I would just see their lips move, and talk)

Thanks for joining our discussion

edit on 083030p://f27Tuesday by Rainbowresidue because: always spelling mistakes

edit on 083030p://f28Tuesday by Rainbowresidue because: more spelling mistakes gush darnit

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Hi Rainbowresidue! Thanks for sharing your story! Must have been quite traumatizing for you as a little boy to live with the dread of going to bed and fining this thing every other night. I've had some similar experiences all through my childhood and teen years! Though I have to say that I'm quite spiritually sensitive still today. I'm wondering how did you develop the paranormal gifts of seeing and hearing spirits. Has it always been with you or is it something that developed over time?

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Maybe you, and others like you, have a special ability that draw the beings to you. Rather like a portal. Perhaps this is why the majority of people do not have these experiences.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Please understand that I have been terrorized by demons, much like you have. It wasn't until I learned that they come in through demonic items, that I learned how to get rid of and control them, and I also give credit to my prayers to Jesus and his guardian angels. Whenever unusual things would start to happen, I would look around the house to find the source of their attachment. For example, things would start falling off the shelves in my son's room for no apparent reason. Many times there were things my kids brought in that I was unaware of. In this case, I found a World of Warcraft game book under my son's bed, which I stuck in a drawer. Once the items were gone, the strange occurances would be gone as well. Something to keep in mind.

Peace and good luck!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

"Hey, John, your thing just walked by..."

I really have to say, I dig your humour!
You made me laugh out loud again.

Okay so, you actually experimented with the dark arts, that in my opinion would explain why you had it.
And sorry I misunderstood you, I thought you also had it following you at daylight. (I had a picture of a young guy smoking and walking down the street on a sunny day, with his trusty shadow entity by his side)

But now jokes aside. You are the only person I have ever heard tell/write me that his friends have witnessed it too. That's amazing. You wrote that it didn't scare you. Well here we are different then, because I always had the strong feeling the entity appearing in my room was trying to harm me.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey I saw this thing before about 3 years ago, it was the first time and only time. Only difference is that I was able to see it's face. The face was a faint gray but still looked kinda black, just enough to see an outline. That feeling you got of it smiling is correct, it's a creepy evil smile. All it's teethes were pointed and smiled in a similar manner as the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. It's eyes we're kind of like this smiley face's eyes ^_^, but rounded instead of pointed at the tops and a bit open so you can see a dark grayish sclera. It stood in front of my door slowly wobbling/swaying left and right moving it's head like how a crow would twitch it's head sideways. it's arms were wide apart like it was implying it was gonna catch me if I thought of leaving the room, basically blocking the only exit and I had a broken light switch at the time. It made the loudest screech similar to that of a Wretch from gears of war but so loud it made me cringe my teeth and my ears hurt. The screech Lasted 15-25 seconds. I couldn't move so I screamed as loud as I could at first but started to realize it was only loud in my head when I started actually hearing my real voice faintly calling for help. So I was like "F*** there's nothing I can do.... I'm going to try to fall back to sleep", and about three minutes later when I opened my eyes it was in front of me hunched over just staring at me and it did that scream again for about 5-7 seconds this time and went back to the door (i had no bed so I was sleeping on the floor). moments later I started to be able to move at first but took a lot of effort to get it started(I tried lifting my arm as hard as I could and had it half way in the air but got tired so my hand ended up smacking my face real hard lol I was like "dammit"
). Eventually when I was able to fully move it was still there so I shouted HELP!!!!!!! and it started to fade away but no1 woke up. I saw a chance to run out the door so I did and stayed up playing games that night xD. After that for about 2-3months I slept with the light on since I never did fix that switch in that house and it was extremely hard to turn it on so I decided to leave it on always.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Hey buddy...weren't you the one that had a thread about your dog being scared of something invisible? It seems like you have some knowledge of the spiritual world, just from reading your comments. Just wondering if you found any connections between your dogs fear and any paranormal activity in your place? Anyways, hope all is well and that you were able to solve that one!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join