It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shadow That Wouldn't Leave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If you have the time and are sitting comfortable then please read my story. I hope by writing this down, that one day it will be helpful for someone, who has had the same unfortunate experience I had. I would like to share an experience I had in life that started at the age of 3 and ended when I was 21 years old.
Now surely you're thinking ' Oh, man, here goes another Shadow People story' but I think my story is different in a way and you'll have to agree with me, after you have read this. I have read many accounts on shadow people but never one like mine.

It all started in my native country, where I was born. When I was 3 years old my parents decided that I was old enough to sleep in my own room. It would take me years to confess them the fear and terror this caused me, and how I had to deal with it at such a young age. Almost every night after my mom or dad had kissed me good-night I would settle down in my bed, covers up to my chin, and squeeze my stuffed Kermit the frog to death. Whenever my parents had turned of all the lights and it became dark in the whole apartment, especially my room, since my curtains were of a thick, dark brown material, it would start. Now I have to be honest here and tell you that what I'm about to describe didn't happened every night, but about 2-3 times a week for sure. It would start tiny sparkles of white light appearing everywhere in my room. I don't want to write orbs because I have seen orbs and these weren't that. These are even smaller; they sparkle and move around the room at an amazing speed. They were probably the size of a baby tooth, and they were so many hundreds of them I could never count them. Then suddenly the room would get cold, I mean a noticeable drop in temperature, and I would feel very cold. Then these white 'sparkles' would suddenly disappear, and the room would be very dark, darker than usually, and I would feel like there was some sort of vacuum, or hole in my room. I could see it too! It would look like a hole in the corner of my room, out of that would step this dark entity. I could never see a face, or any color, for this entity was even darker than the darkest shade of black there is. It is so black that you can see it clearly in a dark room in the middle of the night. It would start moving very slowly towards me. I have no idea why it was always moving so slowly.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Rainbowresidue]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
(continued)
It would sometimes also move sideways, or cock its head, but it never stopped looking at my direction. Every time this happened I was so afraid, I could hardly breathe. Imagine you see this thing when you are only 3-4 years old! What would you do?
Exactly. I would gather all my courage and jump out of bed and run! I knew it was always slow, I can't' explain how I knew this, just as I always knew that this demon should never touch me, and that light would scare it away.

The light switch in my room back then was too high for me, so what I would usually do is run outside to the kitchen and switch on the light. Other nights if my parents' bedroom door was ajar, I would run in there and hide under the bed, where I would fall asleep. I would wake up the next morning before my parents and then go back to my room as if nothing ever happened.
When you are that young and you tell your parents that you are afraid of the dark because you see something there, that's trying to get you, what do you think they will do? My parents always thought this was normal child behavior to be afraid of the dark, and never took it seriously, at least not yet.
About 3 years later my family moved to another country. (Due to my father's occupation.) It was a beautiful country in Europe, and I cannot explain how happy I was at only the age of 6 to finally get rid of this demon. I thought I would be safe in a different country, and a new home. Boy was I ever so wrong. It followed me. It showed up about 1 month after we had settled down. I knew it was the same entity, and it made feel so helpless. The thing is it never went to my brother; it never went to any family member, only me. So what could I do, I continued to run out of the room every time I saw it, and every time I had the same experience: seeing many twinkling white-silver sparkles, hundreds of them, then those suddenly disappearing, then feeling a vacuum, and then seeing a whole in the corner of my room, and then the entity would step out of it and slowly, like in slow motion move towards me.

When I was 12 years old, my family moved to another country yet again due to my dad's job, and it was a neighboring country of the previous one in Europe. I guess demons know no limits because it followed me again! But I have to admit that as I got older it started coming less often, only once a week. Anyways I was 12 years old now, a preteen and felt that this had to stop some time. So one night I sat down with my parents and told them everything, I mean everything that has been happening to me at night since I was 3. Thank heavens I was always an honest person, so my parents believed me. My dad suggested I put a crucifix under my bed and pray every night before I go to sleep, and my mom bought me a little table lamp, that I could turn on whenever I felt scared.
Now here comes the kicker, after I confessed this to my parents the entity stopped appearing in my room. I could sometimes still feel it, but I couldn't see it anymore, and I wasn't afraid of it anymore. I guess the praying thing did work to some extent, although I must say that I sometimes forgot to do it, I would just ask for my guardian angels to protect me instead.

My life, my nights were finally peaceful, and without any visits from this entity. For 9 years I could sleep through the night without having to run out of my room because of this entity.
Then let's jump 9 years, to when I was 21 years old. I was already very good in meditation, had mastered reading tarot cards (my grandmother taught me) and could see angels and spirits with my third eye, or see them in forms of silhouettes with my normal eyes. It happened at night. I was just getting ready to sleep; I had turned of my lamp, and put the book next to my bed on the floor, when it happened again after 9 years. This demon was there in my room, and slowly walking towards me and kept cocking its head in mockery, I felt to one side then the other. Then something happened that had never happened before. I asked my guardian angels to please come and help me. Two angels appeared and I couldn’t see the demon anymore, but I could hear them instead. They sounded like they were only a few feet above my head. I was sitting in my bed at that point. I heard the clashing of swords, and felt wind in my room, although all my windows were closed. Then I heard the shrillest, screeching, high pitched scream you can ever imagine, it was very long, it lasted for about 10 seconds, and it hurt my ears. After that the room felt very peaceful and quiet.
The angels had silver-golden wings, silver-golden armor, medium long brown hair, and what struck me as odd was that they looked like twins. Anyway one of them spoke to me telepathically and said: 'It's over now. The demon is dead, and will never come back again.'

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I could not stop saying 'thank you' to them, I mean like a crazy person; I was laughing and crying at the same time. Imagine being terrorized by a demon for 18 years, and then finally 2 angels come and destroy it. I felt so unbelievably happy and safe.
It has been almost 10 years and no sign of that demon.
I know they have killed it, I heard the whole fight. I still see spirits and angels in visions, or with my third eye, or in my dreams, but have never encountered a demon since.

I am happy this demon never actually got to me and that I always knew even from such a young age that it meant me harm, and that I had to run away from it.
I wouldn't be here if my guardian angels hadn't saved me that night, I know for sure.
I will never know in this life what this entity's name was, or why it was after me, and seemed so obsessed with me, but that's fine by me. I think it's something I'll get the answers to when I'm up there in heaven.
I just wanted to share this story in case this was happening to someone else to let them know that all they have to do is ask their guardian angels for help. It's what I did that night, and it worked.

If anything similar has happened to you, please let me know. I also never found out what this thing was, all I knew it was evil.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Firstly...why would Angels and Demons be fighting with swords...isn't that a bit...cliche? Secondly, how could you know it was always looking at you if you couldn't see a face?

I have to say...you sounded some what genuine...I don't know whether to believe you or not, but I wont pin this down to a mental illness, that's just a cheap shot and simple way to dismiss this whole thing.

What do you think it wanted? Why do you think it always moved so slowly, why would it come over and over again to seemingly achieve nothing? Or do you think it was achieving something each time?

I haven't really heard many accounts very similar to this, but it did kind of reminds me of the "Hollows" from the anime Bleach, if you've seen it. They come out of black-hole type things which lead to a different dimension, and they wear a mask which hides their face:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/639ad7c885ac.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/9/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi Chaos,

Thank you for your response.
No, I don't watch anime and am not mentally ill, at least not the last time I checked.

I don't know what it wanted, but I could always feel that it was smiling, and feel that it was trying to harm me. If you are intuitive then you know what I mean.

People who are sensitive 'feel' when something bad is about to happen.
I have been trying to explain the 'slow walking' motion it had for years, trust me. I even tried to find some scientific reason for it but the only thing I could ever come up with that maybe it was from a different dimension, and that had something to do with it.

I was actually hoping that someone who had a similar experience could help me out a little and explain what this entity wanted, and what this was all about.

I can't explain why the angels and that demon had a sword either. It's the way it happened. In the Bible they seemed to have swords... just thinking out loud here.

What would you prefer your guardian angels to have? Laser beams?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hmmm...well, the only thing I can think of was that it was drawing energy from you each time it came, perhaps from your fear or something...maybe it feeds on fear...that's why it walks so slowly and moves its head in a freaky way...and why it comes over and over again even though it seems to achieve nothing...other than that I can't see why it would bother doing it.

I guess the only real explanations are either you saw what you saw or you were hallucinating. And as for Angels using swords, it just sounds kind of illogical to me. Interdimensional/spiritual beings using material, obsolete, man-made weaponry?

[edit on 7/9/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think you might be onto something with the fear explanation.

As to the angels, I'll just have to agree to disagree with you in the most humble and polite way possible.

Thanks for your input, and thank you for taking your time to help me

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Greetings CHAOS.

Angelic forms and prophetic meanings have had swords represent them since the inception of Adam (spining sword guarded the entrance to Eden).

Since it is understood that man was formed in the image of God, and that what happens below too must happen above, then it makes logical sense that in the spirit realm, swords exist and are used.

After all, it's logical to conclude (according to the writer Enoch) that it was during the second Angelic rebellion that the Angel that taught men how to fashion metals (I believe it was Azazel) taught the art of sword making.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Thank you so much.
I had read both the Bible and Enoch, but didn't want to go into detail, and explain these things.
You did.

Thank you my friend

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think it's a form of 'pre-sleep paralysis' producing hypnagogic imagery... the mind has a field day trying to make sense of it when it happens, especially at such a young age. My sleep paralysis battle is very similar to your story, from about ages 3-21. Almost the instant the light went off, my whole body would feel heavy and acutely restricted, followed by 'crackly sparkly energy stuff' and shadowy beings and the general sense of pure terror.

Have you always had a very active imagination and always been a generally relaxed person?

My doc at the time put it down to a sleeping condition in which my body falling deeply asleep while my mind was still going full speed was inducing all sorts of sensory distortions.

The hallucinations I experienced were always relative to whatever I feared most at that age, I believe your religious views were the driving force behind what you were seeing, although the shadowbeing is a dead-set classic sleep paralysis symptom.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Demonic spirits have always been after me as well and like you, I called on angels to get rid of them. I think this powerful demon was after you because of something you would have done in the future that would hurt it in some way. They do have the ability to tell the future, that's how tarot cards work. Oh and by the way, tarot cards invite them into your home. Perhaps that is one of the reason's it came to you to begin with. You mentioned that your grandmother taught you about tarot cards. So I take it this practice has been in your family for years.

edit on 13-9-2010 by prophecywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JACKRADAKILL

I'll have to disagree with you, I had absolutely no problem jumping out of my bed, and running out of my room, when I saw it.Thank you for your input though.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Has telling the entity "Away from me, Satan!" or similar had any effect if you did so in the past?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Hello Prophecywatcher,

I'm glad to finally meet someone who's had a similar experience. Yes, Tarot reading has been in my family, so are you suggesting this entity could have been around in my family for a while? I know that my grandmother learned how to read tarot cards from her mother, but I never cared to ask how far this actually goes back. Unfortunately my grandmother past away last year in July, so now I'll never know if this entity was perhaps bothering her too.

I do use protection before I begin my readings, but I think you hit on something here. I just wish I could have asked my grandmother about it.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by salty_wagyu

Hi Salty_wagyu,

I never said those words, because somehow I never thought it would be the devil itself. And in the end my guardian angels got rid of it, I doubt my two guardian angels destroyed the devil.

I never said anything, because I was always in such a hurry to just jump, run ,and get out of the room. I would give out a little scream maybe, but only when I turned 21 and was old and brave enough did I stay in the room and call my guardian angels for help.

Do you have any ideas what this thing was?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
Do you have any ideas what this thing was?

No, I don't have any experiences of one, but it's certainly demonic going by your story. I would also have to agree with someone in the thread who mentioned that using tarot cards would have caused it, as I was told by a born-again christian that meddling in the occult only opens your mind to Satan and his demons. At least God is watching over you now

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well when i was about 6-7 years old, I was at a Sunday school class. Everything was normal until my classrooms teacher suddenly fell to her knees, saying she couldn't walk and to call for help, well I tried to get up with the rest of the kids to run out and find help but she grabbed my arm and begged me to stay in the room with her. As soon as the rest of the kids left the room my vision became a slight red but it didn't block details from my sight, then I saw 3 arrows flying in unison one over the other from the door to my right towards the left into the room where the woman and I were. Then as soon as someone came into the room, the red went away. crazy experience for me as a kid always bewildered me. The woman had her eyes closed praying so she didn't see anything if there really was anything there. I no longer go to church or am very religious but still have a basic faith in what it constitutes, its only logical if a person believes they are open minded, to believe everything and nothing.

edit on 13-9-2010 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by salty_wagyu

Thank you Salty,

I did start protecting myself when I used tarot cards from day 1. And this entity was coming for me/ to me since I was around 3-4 years old. My mother never used tarot cards, it skipped a generation.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing your story. That experience would have creeped me out too.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

When I was a kid I called him "Dark Man". I saw the same thing every single night from the time I was 4 until I was 8 years old.

The slow motion walking is weird huh. It looked like he almost rewinded a bit when he walked. I also remember that it was Blacker than black. That's the only way I can describe it.

He would just stand there by my bed and stare at me. I could tell it was there for bad purposes.

You aren't alone.

edit on 13-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join