It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka!! Our Calendar is Flawed!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A sun based calendar is far more useful than a moon based calendar because seasons are way friggin' more important to keep track of than the cycle of the moon.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In addition to Rome changing the calendar,consider this"

Daniel's prophecy stated the beast would change "times" and "laws"...

The Word of God says:
Daniel 7:25, "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

The word of Rome says:
"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." -Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

www.remnantofgod.org...

"Sunday is our MARK of authority. . .the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact" Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1,1923.

www.remnantofgod.org...

This may not be of interest to many,but for those who believe as the Reformers did,that the Roman Catholic Church will be the seat of the antichrist,it is very interesting indeed!

And while I'm on the subject,look who is in the middle of the Peace talks!

The Bible is clear that in the last generation just before Christ's return, a Peace Treaty of 7 years will be signed to quell hostilities in the region of Israel & the Mideast.

Daniel 9:27:

"And he [Antichrist] will a make a firm covenant with the many [Jews] for one week..."

www.heisnear.com...
(Scroll down to see and click onto headlines)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

We could have here on Earth has 13 28 day months with 7 day weeks but we'd be 2.249 days short of a proper annual year.

I like it! I like it! Yea, 13 months in the year is so cool. I once lived on the 13th floor of an apartment and that was cool -- like staring fate in the face and saying I dare you!

We could have 13 months, and then a 2.49 day shortie holiday "month" where the whole world stopped for a party -- around New Years would be fine.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Perhaps there is more to the moon than we give credit for.

The moon is considered to be female, and as the old hermetic saying goes "As above, So Below" Could there be a correlation between the forgetting of the moon's influence on us and the way women were treated throughout history? I think so!! We are a sun worshiping society and we forgot about our lovely moon.

Here is a link to a very interesting article, "How the moon rules your life"
www.independent.co.uk...

Having carried out new research and reviewed 50 other studies, scientists suggest that doctors and the police even need to prepare for how their work rate will increase at different points in the lunar cycle. Among the findings examined by the researchers were studies that showed GP consultations go up during a full moon, according to Leeds University. Appointments rise by 3.6 per cent, which works out at around three extra patients for each surgery. The researchers did not speculate on the nature of the moon-related problems or why they happened, but said that "it does not seem to be related to anxiety and depression". Gout and asthma attacks peak during new and full moons, according to work carried out at the Slovak Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine in Bratislava, where attacks over a 22-year period were monitored. Data from 140,000 births in New York City showed small but systematic variations in births over a period of 29.53 days - the length of the lunar cycle - with peak fertility in the last quarter. "The timing of the fertility peak in the third quarter suggests that the period of decreasing illumination immediately after the full moon may precipitate ovulation.''

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

wow this sounds painfully close to Gene Ray's TIMECUBE. But I'm interested in hearing more.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i agree it is flawed. but it is a simple math flaw.
on the nasa web site it says a year equals 365 days 6 hours 9 minutes 9.45 seconds
break that down seconds.31558149.45
now divide that down to find the real second . 31558149.45 seconds divided by 365 equals
86460.68342 then divide by 24 equals 3602.5284 divide by 60 equals 60.0421 then divide by 60 again
1.000702354452 equals 1 second
divided equally there will be no leap year but that also means every measurement using time as a scale
is wrong

top topics

<< 1   >>

join