It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Extreme Method for Rhino Poachers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So here we have a situation where rhino poaching has become a serious threat to the species survival. What do you do?

"

But the tables may be turning as game rangers and conservancy owners hit back targeting the very source of the problem – the end user of the illegally acquired rhino horn, in a move that is both ethically and legally questionable. Just a few weeks after South African rhino owners started poisoning the horns in a move to deter poaching, the results are beginning to show. An alleged rhino horn customer in Thailand died last month after he purchased purposely contaminated rhino horn on the open market in Bangkok.

www.zimonline.co.za...

Give me your thoughts on what you think of this...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Wow ... someone posted recently about a South African farmer who was testing the use of arsenic in rhino horn.

I am not in favour of hurting anyone, but I just don't feel a twinge of sympathy for the person who died. All I can think of is that picture of the dead rhino with it's horn chopped off.

For me this is good news, and the end users are going to think twice before ordering some powdered rhino horn.

Thanks for posting.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Good news for the Rhino, bad news for men with erectile dysfunction or woman who use beauty products containing powdered Rhino Horn.
It's about time someone took a stand!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I agree with you there...no thought goes into the killing of these creatures, its all for profit & wealth. Of course, resorting to human death might seem a bit harsh...well....if thats what it takes to get the message across! Hopefully this will result in fewer deaths...for both parties.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No sympathy here, I bet their death was alot less painfull than the rhino's. People's disrespect of our wildlife is appaling.

GummB

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It is too bad they cannot booby trap the horn to kill the poachers. But I guess this is the next best thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Great idea.

Maybe we can start doing it with crack or heroine bit drastic but would work to cut down the number of junkies. Maybe use something that has a cumulative effect so as not to kill people off as soon as they try.

Pity the rhino though has to die first.

I see this as supply and demand cut off the demand you cut off the supply and vice versa.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join