It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shape of Men

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I've had alot of freinds,both men and women in my past that wasn't that good looking but it seemed the longer you knew them(the ones you liked alot)the better looking they became.I don't think physcially but their personalitys really made them better looking,I don't know does that make any sense??

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's a really bad wake up call and unfortunately I've had to go through it... I don't know if I've got some kind of underlying problem actually
but I've always defended topless posters in my room saying that it's because I love the female form... which sounds pathetic now but at 16 it was the best I could think of when under pressure from my parents!

It doesn't suprise me that relationships rarely last nowadays when people read about and see on TV or the net, these people who do look perfect, and expect that it's the norm when it just plainly isn't

It shames to me admit that I am fairly egotistical by nature, I don't know why I just am. But at least I can recognise my own flaws, some people just think they deserve perfection!

Twilite I've just seen your post and know exactly where you're coming from.. I once made the mistake of going out with a girl purely for looks. The longer I spent with her the more truly ugly she became till the point now where I can't even talk to her. She really was that superficial it made me sick. I know that's kinda the reverse of your point - but it does go both ways

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

Yes!

S&F for you! Let us pick apart the men the way they pick apart women!

And it IS usually some fat gross beast of a man who feels he's entitled to the 'perfect' woman!

I don't need any man because I can run my own life. I like tall slim men. And they must be educated and have a nice job. Not $ mind you - I have my own money. I would never date a doctor as medical stuff freaks me out. And certain types of biz guys are unethical jerks.

[SNIP]

Yes I know I sound like a very fake, shallow, unemotional hardass. Hey - I'm just doing what the men do

What's good for the gander is also good for the goose!!!

My original response to your comments above were just for fun. Just for laughs.

On a serious note: Your post is precisely what I was referring to when I said that women are shallower than men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Devo's Laws of Attraction~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1st Law: Attraction is generally unconscious reaction (many times a construct of conditioning).

2nd Law: Women are just as sexually and physically driven as men; however, social status instills inhibition in women. Men... social influences suppress inhibitory responses.

3rd Law: Women are attracted to men who display power, are wealthy and/or famous. They will generally lower other standards (physical, emotional) when one or more of the aforementioned traits are present. And, of course, when those traits of power and money aren't present, a woman typically raises her physical standards. (age is a dependent factor in the physical vs. emotional aspect). Funny guys are usually a an exception to all the standards above.

4th Law: Men are attracted to women that are sexual and physically attractive. And young. Power and wealth and fame take a back seat to physicality and sensuality. A powerful/wealthy woman just doesn't have the same effect on men as it doe on women. Men adjust their standards based on their social status and bank account.

5th Law: Women who think the 3rd Law is repulsive and untrue are generally unnattractive. They're also the sort of women that make threads like this. They can't attract men with social status because they aren't physically appealing (usually overweight). These women are "waiting for the perfect guy" when the truth is they haven't been on a date in 2 years.

6th Law: Men who think the 4th Law is repulsive and untrue are generally broke, powerless and/or not funny. They have no direction or stability in life, which is unnattractive to women. There is one major exception here....Women will put all of this aside, if you're a very attractive guy.

The 6th Law leads to the 7th. It is the basis for the other points I've made in this thread. According to the 4th law, men are attracted to sexy, sensual women (which is subjective). We're honest about it...and it's very obvious. Not so much with the ladies, which is explained by the 3rd law.

7th Law Women are shallower than men. If he's not rich or powerful, he'd better be hot. The truth is, the smokin' hot skinny chick will never date the overweight poor dude.....unless he wins the lottery. But look around and you'll see good lookin' dudes with chicks that just don't measure up them.

8th Law There are always exceptions to Devo's Laws of Attraction

*Disclaimer: I kind of like that this is the way girls are..(or guys for that matter)...but I don't like it when girls make comments like the OP and then it's a "Guys are nothing more than shallow perverts" bashing. No need for that, you ladies are just as flawed.

....oh, and to be honest, Whiffer Nippets, you're just doing what women do. And that's ok. I like 'em feisty

edit on 8-9-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: For Aesthetics

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When a person first evaluates a prospective partner, there are physical ratings that immediately register. There is also exchanges going on that we are not aware of, such as pheremones. But this lasts only a minute.

People tend to date people of their own physical rating. A 3 will partner with a 3, a 9 will partner with a 9. This is before anything else is even factored in.

But this is more for reproductive purposes. Humans have developed a very unique social structure, where we mate for long periods of time, in order to pass on the most learning information to our offspring. Which means we also have to be compatible to a partner for a long time. This may raise or lower a decision.

Phsically speaking, people do want to date the highest number they can get. If your a 4 who can get a 7, the better the genetic material for you.

As far as society's standards are, that dependson the society and your conditioning. There are still plenty of societys that prefer heavy women, America and Europe prefer skinny women. All for different reasons.

But as for the comments about skinny women taking better care of themselves, skinniness is often confused with health, which is not the case, which means that you are influenced by media standards.

Maybe what you actually mean is athletic women. If you work out a lot,naturally you want someone who can work out with you.

It is not all simple as fat vs thin. When we look for a mate, there are dozens upon dozens of factors that are considered.

I have a saying that there is the person you take home for the night, and there is the person who you take home to the parents.

And they can be completely different people.

Do I like the men in the calvin klein jockey ads? Absolutely! But does that mean that is waht I hold out for? Absolutely not. If they are dumb as a doornail, it doesn't matter how they look.

When you are with someone for awhile, you stop seeing a body and you only see "them". Their mind, their soul. Your love for each other extends beyond the physical.

If physical is all you aspire too, then your relationships won't last long. People change, they get older, they get thinner or fatter. Which is why how you get along and yoru ability to maintain relationships is so much more important.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
only thing that would immediatly turn me off is fat women. nothing is worse imo.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is a great thread as funny as the other one about big bottomed chunky chicks, now as a male I admit I usually am attracted to hot looking types....do I think they are the perfect type of female...hellz no, but they sure as hell, is not a fun place to be, know what to do, to attract male types, and what males want. Now money aside since we all need moneys in this and all societies, and since in another thread I already argued on the perspectives of the differences of males and females in relation in how we see one another, perspectively regarding money.

It ain't that hard to figure out, we all want what we are least likely to get, a fat dude who smells funny will be as attracted to a model as any other man, after all it's a models job to be attractive as to attract men. And females will always be attracted to a handsome, rich and successful men, I am guessing by there magazines and other outlets that it would be a brad pit type, or if he does not have the looks and money then the next best thing Commodities.

So saying that I actually thought on this a little, because of other threads. And since today I actually looked at all the types of females that were around, while I was going through daily life...and truthfully they were all attractive in different ways and they were all prety normal looking, as in not what you would want to put on the cover of any magazines...Now I am not a bad looking guy, though I can probably remember some times when females I would guess hit on me...but truthfully I have had more gay dudes give me the look, and try to, then females. So I have no clue what that would mean in the looks department, since I usually just project discord in there minds so both types dont bother me. Now back to the question as I actually saw what I would say was an overweight blonde female, who at first glace was fat but alright looking, but the girl was huge, and I dont mean just in fat.... I mean huge...now I am not a small dude 6 ft and usually around 220 pounds depending on how much I eat and work out I could go to over 235 pounds. But dam this girl was huge and had a big bottom, she probably weighs more then me as she was structurally biger then me.... "What is the point you ask".... its this I was never attracted to girls that big before but dam I get now why that song was made by sir mix alot and the whole big butt thing... it attracts, but it still is not my number one criteria...... So I guess this attraction or need to attract a certain "type" is a social construct, and ultimately at least in males, we dont really care all that much for the model type..... We just are bombarded by there images, and also females seem to want to be like them "so we pay lip service to it.". Ulitimatly I think it's just a thing we develop when young, we watch movies and magazines, and we set our ideal idol on a pedestal. We are idolaters.

And thinking on this more it seems like it leads to two ends, either there is actually a right or more compatible other half out there like the females like to say...Or there is no such thing and we adapt to whatever we get, when our proped idol, shows it's self for what it really is, a sustained boyish illusion, and fades into the mist. So to conclude I cant think which one is worser..... that there is such a thing as the more compatible person out there, or that it does not exist so love the one your with..... Personaly If I could choose I would go with the later, since it sounds like less work, or it could be more work...damit this sucks need a third option like cyborg chicks or something....Ahh whatever in the end I think it is better to be honest with ourselves and others, in what we want or can get.....Like Whiffer Nippets said its just better to just say right out what your looking for or whatever Idiosyncrasy's you got. And I aint just saying that I mean it, especially since I am broke now, and I sure as hell aint the ideal thing, # dident even graduate from high school but skipped most of it....and if I had to do it again I would probably look for a way to skipp kindergarten as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
reply to post by catwhoknows

How come men are hairy but they don't want hairy women?

Why do men spit but don't like women who spit?

Why do men brag about sleeping around but call women "sluts" for doing the same?

Why is it, that a Key that opens a whole bunch of locks is called a *MASTER KEY*, but a lock that is opened by a Whole Bunch of different keys is called a Crappy Lock?

-Edrick (There is no Second Line)

edit on 9-9-2010 by Edrick because: spelling

edit on 9-9-2010 by Edrick because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Hi, Sherlock,

Congrats on that body.

No, it is not acceptable to pass comment or judge.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Hi Galad,

Go for a fat-bottommed girl - they make your world go round!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I gotta say. A large thick juicy butt on a girl is very attractive. mmhmm.

I had this one friend...DAMNNN!!! That ass was phat.

-SES

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Hi Galad,

Go for a fat-bottommed girl - they make your world go round!

Really making my world go round sounds pretty good to me, sounds better then making my world stand still, stillness leads to atrophy and all worlds must be in motion, or go round and around.....but beore any of that, I got's things to take care of, and many videogames yet to play....But I will take your opinion into serious consideration, since it seems you know what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

edit on 9/9/2010 by OzWeatherman because: No reason

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
People tend to date people of their own physical rating. A 3 will partner with a 3, a 9 will partner with a 9. This is before anything else is even factored in.

I got a rating of 8.8 on hotornot.com, but all the chicks Ive seen with similar ratings are way to hot for my 8.8

edit on 9/9/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I agree with most of the posts on here. The desired personality and abilities can come in any shape or form. Besides, if I really loved this obese dude for his intelligence, I could always encourage him to change to something healthier. As long as the interactions stayed the same... it shouldn't really hurt either of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here's a question for you guys..and gals...

How important is physical attraction in a relationship? And if it is that important...

What if you could marry some really hot babe or a real tight stud...smart, witty, challenging... everything you could want. Then one year into the relationship/marriage...there is a horrible car accident. they are disfigured...maybe even wheel chair bound... do you stay in the relationship? Is for better or for worse a promise you intend to keep?

Lust or love folks?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Hey cat.

What the kind of man you are talking about SAYS about women and what he will TAKE if he can actually get it are two VERY different matters.

I know the men you are talking about.
I was in a pub one afternoon and in earshot of me a middle aged drunken, fat, brown toothed derro loudly proclaimed "I hate red head chicks, I just don't like them"

(I'm described as "red headed", although I am not "ginger" some people describe it as auburn)
I stared at his table until his younger friend made eye contact with me.And nudged his friend who started to apologise, I'm sorry love I didn't mean no offense eh"

I stood up stared right at him said "You're just having to beat red heads off left right and centre, aren't you?
In the unlikely event that you ever have two women to choose from and ones a red head you might just get a chance to exercise that preference"

It was mean.But he deserved it.If you are a stinky, unemployed alcoholic sanctimoniously ranting about your "sexual preferences" in public you better make damn sure that someone so far above you on the dating ladder that it's amusing, who vaguely fits your description isn't in earshot.

People who don't get sex have no business stating their "sexual preferences" in public.

And that goes for women too vulgar women who declare in the pub "I don't like men with small dicks".(happens a lot).More often then not if they can actually get within two feet of ANY penis they should consider it a blessing.

This thread is about THOSE people, not men in general.

edit on 9-9-2010 by mumma in pyjamas because: Spelled ever ecer, what's ecer?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Here's a question for you guys..and gals...

How important is physical attraction in a relationship? And if it is that important...

What if you could marry some really hot babe or a real tight stud...smart, witty, challenging... everything you could want. Then one year into the relationship/marriage...there is a horrible car accident. they are disfigured...maybe even wheel chair bound... do you stay in the relationship? Is for better or for worse a promise you intend to keep?

Lust or love folks?

People don't like to admit it, but physical attraction plays a defining role in a relationship.

For example, I've got more in common with my best mate than I have with any of the girls I've been out with in the past, so why don't I form a more ''intimate'' relationship with my best friend ?

Because I'm not gay, and don't find him physically attractive ( not that he's ugly, he's just not my type
).

If personality was genuinely the main attraction, then everybody would consider both males and females as potential partners.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Having just been reading a post from males about female shapes, I would like to ask this:

How many men who demand a so-called perfect female shape have a perfect shape?

How many overweight men slag off overweight women?

How come men think they can rate women when they (the men I mean) are not perfect?

I still like you and think you are super cool

Didn't you make that thread/post?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
oh wait you did.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Lysergic because: I have no reason.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
New guy here and first post.........I am happily married but still have a perfect female view and that is a women that is about 20 pounds overweight and is pure white,,,I mean really white white with no blemishish whatsoever and very silky smooth skin. Yum Yum....Just dreamin!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join