It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happpens to you if/when Abrahamic faiths are proven to be true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If I discovered that God really is so ineffectual and belligerent in His failings that he had to send himself in as a human being so that we could beat the snot out of him and execute him so that he could find it in his heart to forgive us for his terrible project management and initial design - but only if we believe that he actually did send himself in to become human so that we could rip into Him - and yet he still was planning on tossing at least 4/5 of us into a pit of eternal suffering for simply being skeptical of such ineptness, bizarre decision-making, and odious vindictiveness on behalf of an all-loving, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent super-being, then I'd be scared sh*tless of what the hell this psychotic God was going to do from instant to instant.

Any beast with that kind of capacity for unreasonable malevolence is a monster that I'd just as soon refuse to believe in. At least while I still can.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well if some being came to Earth claiming to be a god. Obviously we'd have to catch it and work out what makes it tick.

I think there would be much controversy.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
and yet he still was planning on tossing at least 4/5 of us into a pit of eternal suffering for simply being skeptical of such ineptness, bizarre decision-making, and odious vindictiveness on behalf of an all-loving, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent super-being, then I'd be scared sh*tless of what the hell this psychotic God was going to do from instant to instant.

Any beast with that kind of capacity for unreasonable malevolence is a monster that I'd just as soon refuse to believe in. At least while I still can.

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies..."..."even now are there many antichrists..."

At any rate even if your discription were accurate He is still the Head unreasonable malevolent monster guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Instantly kill myself and ask Jesus/Godman/Allagh/JewishGod to forgive me. Then I would play PlayStation drink Beer, eat junk food watch t.v. for all eternity in the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I would not be changed at all and would be happy to see humanity finally clarified on these subjects. Nice question 547000 S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I hate questions like this, because it seems like it ASSUMES that the Abrahamic faiths are the only ones that COULD be true.

What happens if you die and realize that Zeus is the supreme being and that there are myriad Gods/Goddesses and that Yehweh is the most jealous, vengeful, warmongering of the lot?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When you mention the Abrahamic faith(s), does that include Hinduism, from which Ibrahim and Sarai stemmed from?

just curious to know.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I hate questions like this, because it seems like it ASSUMES that the Abrahamic faiths are the only ones that COULD be true.

What happens if you die and realize that Zeus is the supreme being and that there are myriad Gods/Goddesses and that Yehweh is the most jealous, vengeful, warmongering of the lot?

What "assumes"? I'm asking what if they were true. Not to prove a point but to ask what people would do if they were proven to be true.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
When you mention the Abrahamic faith(s), does that include Hinduism, from which Ibrahim and Sarai stemmed from?

just curious to know.
No, the main three.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A lot of these responses crack me up. Everybody is big and bad until they are standing in front of God. OP, did you really think people would give you honest answers about this? People don't wanna believe because people are resistant to change.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I figured since people were willing to provide answers to the "what if religions were proven false" thread, they wouldn't mind answering the other question raised in that thread, and SFX said make your own thread when people would raise that question, so I put it here.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by 547000]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, as an occultist, I would have to tell Yehweh, should he show up at my demise "I hope you are pleased with me, God, I was just trying to be like you."

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

just curious to know.

Ok not even trying to take up for Abraham and Sarai right here....but where in the world are you getting this idea about steaming from hinduism?

Whatever may have of influence on Abraham ther came a time when he broke from it all and became Yahwehs boy.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When the Christian faith is proved to be true it will be too late. Jesus will have come back, the saved will be raptured out and the game is over.

Christianity and all other faiths are based on well....faith. It's a good thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by 547000

It's as simple as this, provide me empiral evidence and validation of any abrahamic religion and i will cease to be an Atheist.

It really is as simple as that.

it's not that simple. it would still be an atheist judging the evidence, and an atheist has a certain invested interest (preserving their belief system) in not validating any evidence to the contrary.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

Very good point!

Likewise, You couldn't have a follower of an Abrahamic religion judging any evidence because he/she certainly has a vested interest (as a testament to his/her faith) in accepting any proposed "evidence".

I guess we'll need a solid panel of impartial agnostics should evidence ever be brought forth.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My final answer to you is that I would still not change my beliefs even if a god from the bible came to me and said he would send me to hell if I didn't believe. The world would also not change for the better because most people believe the way you are talking about. You should visit a prison and see all the people praying and with bibles. These faiths have not offered any hope for men or made a change in their behavior.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would simply seek an audience with God and ask him the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything:

"why, out of all the quadrillion species on all the billions of planets in all the millions of galaxies in the universe did you choose, at such a specific time in the billions of years of history, the descendants of an obscure bloke called Abraham, one of millions living at the time all over a very ordinary planet, in a very boringly normal spiral arm of a non descript backward galaxy to be your 'chosen people'. And what's so wrong with the rest of us?"

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Faith can only be true. You cannot have faith in nothing. You have asked two questions that you think are one. If these prophets walked the Earth is another question whose answer would not change my world.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by NorEaster
and yet he still was planning on tossing at least 4/5 of us into a pit of eternal suffering for simply being skeptical of such ineptness, bizarre decision-making, and odious vindictiveness on behalf of an all-loving, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent super-being, then I'd be scared sh*tless of what the hell this psychotic God was going to do from instant to instant.

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies..."..."even now are there many antichrists..."

At any rate even if your discription were accurate He is still the Head unreasonable malevolent monster guy.

The description is accurate. That's the part that sucks. If you want that god, then you're welcome to it. Of course, you'll never know if a beast as chaotic as that thing is will continue to want you around. Still, I wish you the best.

As far as blasphemy, I'm only going by what's been written about that god of yours, and being as objective as possible in my reaction to the resume your books have sketched out. I remember (years ago) knowing gang leaders who were just as dangerous, and their minions thought that they were "just" in their insanity too. I learned back then that when you're "one of the chosen" (in your mind, at least) the malevolence of the leader is always righteous and perfect justice. Unless and until it's turned on you - of course. I also learned that all henchmen die in the end if the boss has an appetite for violence and retribution.

I'm just glad that your religion wouldn't be able to pick out the creator in a police line-up. At least humanity has a fighting chance.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Im sorry but um... off the mark?

What do you mean by that? You don't think the (what do they call it?) Omega Code can tell you the future do you?

Yeah you can hit or miss but you don't get enough info to tell the future. Who said they can? Thats just crazy. Got a link to the "off the mark code" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join