It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Infrastructure Push

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What a load of misdirection....with this new initiative
the administration is hoping we will forget that:

Øbama is going forward with letting the former tax cuts expire
which includes reinstituting the 'death tax'...etc

Øbama is continuing the policies that will sell off highways to investors
(both domestic and foreign) who will make them toll-roads

Øbama's 'shovel ready' projects have already paid off the decision making executives but left the actual work & workers in limbo for 18 months now

Barry Øbama has run out of ammunition & leverage, just as Bernanke of the FED Reserve has, their back's are against the wall & they are both frantic and desperate

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't see a lot of inflation. Real estate prices seem rather constant now, down from a few years ago of course. As for food, I've never seen so many watermelons under $4. And now I've seen pasta on sale for cheaper and cheaper, as low as 50 cents a pound. A&P has better sales than they used to have.

Nor do we have deflation. Computers don't seem to be getting cheaper like they used to. I'm still waiting for LED lighting to get cheap so I can replace my incandescents. (('m going to skip the compact-fluorescents and go straight to LED, but when will the prices go down??)

Basically we have statis and a largely hollowed up economy. We need to rebuild the economy to include manufacturing, otherwise there's no way for things to get better. If anyone knows of a way, please say it. I don't think there's another way.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

umm....quit letting china and india undercut us??
those things that we need, that we have the resources to make, the workers to make them, well....we should be making here, to support and provide for own people, china and india has enough people that they need to provide and support, and enough resources to do it....
countries shouldn't be importing things that are easily obtainable in their own country.......economies shouldn't be so intertwined....

oh, and well...it seems to me that food's inflated quite a bit the past five or so years.....
corn used to be a dollar a dozen, now, 3/$1 is cheap???
triscuits.....doubled in price....
hamburg's gotten so high that we have gotten into the habit of having the butcher ground up the london broil when it's on sale for $1.99/lb, it makes better burgers and is cheaper than the better qualities of hamburg, and well....the lesser qualities reduces to half it's size it seems when cooked...

and we just won't talk about healthcare, will we??

and well...what got us into this mess in the first place??
oh, ya, housing, bubble, inflating housing prices that inflated to the point where no one could afford them or at least enough of us couldn't to keep the market going. so they came up with all these schemes to convince us we could when we couldn't and well.....we found out we couldn't!!
either wages go up, or cost of living goes down, or, well...expect the cost of welfare in this country to keep rising!!!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by dawnstar]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

"Death tax" only hits estates over $1 million. The people with the most need are not affected.

I do expect the continued selling off of infrastructure. That is unfortunate and I would oppose it, but it's the way things are going.

The shovel ready projects were BS. They were designed to be nothing projects, so small as to be shovel ready quickly, just a punt. We need big ambitious projects that can employ lots of people for years. This could include some of those, I hope it will.

There's no excuse for what Obama's done in the past 2 years, and I'll give him no credit for what he's jawboning now in the current election. I hope the dems get no benefit from it this time around. I'll look back in 2012 and see if the dems should get credit then.

This time around the dems run on their record: Obamacare with the public option stripped out and various weird nasty stuff that we "had to vote for before we could see what was in it." Bank bailouts paid in full, not much done in terms of infrastructure. Weird response to emergency in the GOM, encouraging people to go vacation there and eat the seafood while they don't do it themselves. War in Afghanistan ramped up, just as Obama promised in the campaign, And two lesbian Supreme Court justices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join