It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dispelling Myths About Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am not sure there are myths about Muslims, although I agree with much in the OP.

There is a range of practices by followers of Islam which supports behaviour which decent people would find abhorrent and intolerable. We can cite these and look to the abuse of women as an example, which is supported or is an unquestioned excuse by followers, religious leaders and law makers who cite the Koran as the reason. We can also look to Sharia which (let’s face it) is just a barbaric hang-up and contains a list of punishments which are medieval at best. How can a religion which purports to be merciful kill and mutilate so many people as an off-shoot a legal / cultural process, including stoning people to death, lopping off limbs etc. Sharia dictates a lifestyle which is rigid and based on some moment in time hundreds of years ago.

I feel that Islam is used cynically to keep Muslims down and oppressed, by disallowing it to be modernised to conform to a new 21st century world. Look at Iran as an example – where human rights are atrocious and this is the so called Islamic Republic that we should all look to as the shining model Islamic state - glad I don't live there!

Christianity has moved on from the Middle Ages, the intolerance, the Inquisition, the religious oppression and so on. Maybe Islam should do the same. But it won’t because the whole set up is about control and subservience, coupled with fear and a good dose of ignorance. Keep them ignorant and they will accept anything you say.

There are no myths about Islam, only different versions. There are extremes and moderates, but remember that in the UK (surely, the moderates) we still have honour killings, forced marriages and enforced (by the Muslims) cultural apartheid from the mainstream.

Regards

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Islam through the centuries

Why did Muhammad kill people? Why did he ambush innocent people in the desert in caravan raids and kill them?

Terrorist attacks and terrorist attempts on US soil as far back as the early 1970s
US Soil List Here

Hello, Is there any verifiable source? News source, Government release data or even wiki sources?
9-11 Hijackers are faked.
At Least 7 of the 9/11
Hijackers are Still Alive

Terrorist attacks by Islamics have gone on and on ...Here are some words from Islamic terrorists from around the world. Terrorists who have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the name of their god
In the name of Allah

What does jihad mean.why do terrorists kill in that name?

The 'religion of peace' ... 109 Qu'ran verses calling followers to violence against non-muslims

Bad translation and interpretation.
Please refer to :
www.altafsir.com...
www.islamibayanaat.com...
www.qtafsir.com...

The OP wanted to bring up women's 'rights' in Islam. "Rights" .. yeah .. right ...
Veils
Women worth less then men in Islam
Women having impossible task of proving rape
Ya'll remember the Imams not too long ago giving out wife beating instructions?
Wife beating in Islam
men are in charge of women
adulterers are put to death
(but you only hear of women getting put to death ... and by stoning ... and stoned by men [/url]

And then there are the 'honor killings' and the hangings of homosexual children and the fashion police ... and the _____ ... all because of Islam.

14 year old boy lashed to death for breaking ramadan fast
Religious dissent and women in Iran
Iran curbin womens righs
Police violently disperse crowd celebrating international womens day
Iran's fashion police
13 year old girl sentenced to death for incest
gay teens executed by hanging
'unchaste' 16 year old girl executed

I have dismiss more than half your of sources atheism.about.com... and www.thereligionofpeace.com... to merit further analysis. My advise, stop wasting your time.

edit on 11-9-2010 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ersatz

Whoa you are a muslim yourself.........
I'm surprised.
Shouldn't you reach for Muslim scholars rather than using the www.thereligionofpeace.com... and www.huffingtonpost.com... as your reference? I'm sorry for my tone. There has been too much lies thrown by anti-muslim everywhere. My advice to you is to seek help from Muslim's expert to ask about your doubt.

Peace upon you.

edit on 11-9-2010 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join