It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gearing up for 'mother of all flotillas'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Israel gearing up for 'mother of all flotillas'

www.jpost.com

Israel is preparing for what is being described in the IDF as the “mother of all flotillas,” which could include up to 20 different ships planning to set sail for the Gaza Strip in the coming months.

The flotilla is being organized by a coalition of NGOs from Europe and the United States, including a group calling itself European Jews for a Just Peace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A new fleet of up to 20 ships is gearing up to set sail for the Gaza Strip. I wish I was one of the lucky ones that received an invitation, I'm sure there were plenty of people willing to take the adventure to Gaza. I'm sure these NGO's from the US, UK, and Jews alike would smuggle arms into Gaza rather then humanitarian aid. Its sad to see a population prisoner in their own country.

"The IDF is closely tracking the planned flotilla and is preparing for a wide-range of scenarios, "

I wonder what they could be planning. Maybe the Mossad will threaten all the participants and scare them into calling it off.

I will be sure to update this as much as possible in the future.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm thinking Israel will burn if they try this crap again.
second

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Your link requires a login..

Do you have another??

BTW, a few months is a long time..
Things are moving fast in the ME.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

I'm sure these NGO's from the US, UK, and Jews alike would smuggle arms into Gaza rather then humanitarian aid.

Are you ......?

Surely such an action would only legitimize the blockade ..... the very thing these NGO`s seek to remove.

=================================================

If Israel attempt any action , it may be completed before they even set sail for Gaza. I think sabotage will play a larger role this time around and with so many people seeking to participate ....... infiltration may also be a tactic employed.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
I'm thinking Israel will burn if they try this crap again.
second

I doubt it
they have gotten away with crap
from day one and twisted it at
every turn to suit an agenda.
They will do so again
and again
and again
etc ....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
my spidey senses are telling me,
IDF will get a few surprises
this time around

[edit on 6-9-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Great more needless bloodshed and idiots banging their heads against the wall.

If nothing else, they should realize this will only raise tensions in the ME, especially in that particular area.

Silly kids and their views.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The bottom line is still the fact that the Palestinians need basic life sustaining supplies and hopefully this flotilla will be able to deliver. Just because your advocare is violent and ruthless, doesn't mean that you still shouldn't try. Should we just give up on the people of Gaza, simply because Israel is prone to terrorism? Beyond all of the political ramifications, there still is a need to supply the innocent women, children and men of Gaza.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
The bottom line is still the fact that the Palestinians need basic life sustaining supplies and hopefully this flotilla will be able to deliver.

well spoon
most times we see eye to eye
but I'm gonna have to say I find
the basic necessity excuse rather
impractical after seeing this video
of a 5 star hotel and rest. in Gaza.
Yep, they're really hurting aren't they???
And this isn't the only one.
There's more !!!

and you can read the thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Come on, you can see through the propaganda can't you Saint? You think most Palestinians have access to the items in that hotel? Of course not. Most Palestinians are left fighting in the streets for scraps of meat. Journalists, dignitaries and turncoats are the only ones who can frequent that hotel.

Why can't most Palestinians get the things they need? Because Israeli keeps a tight control on what goes out and what comes in, which ultimately drives up the price and makes things really hard to get, even for the few things allowed.

Of course Israeli isn't going to let enough get through for the entire population, as their goal is to drive the Palestinians out. They let just enough in so that they can say that things are getting through.

Come on Saint, you can do better than that, right?

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Come on, you can see through the propaganda can't you Saint?

lol
Spoon, is there anything we see anymore that is NOT
propaganda? We see it from BOTH sides. Yes there are
poor Gazans just like there are poor Israelis, just like
there are poor Americans like me. Being rich should
not be a prerequisite for living high on the hog.

edit for spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No, the difference between poor Palestinians and poor Americans or Israelis, is that there is no way for the Palestinians to enrich themselves. There are poor Palestinians because the Israelis limit their basic supplies. So, even if the entire Gaza population won the lottery tomorrow, it wouldn't matter as there isn't enough supplies to go around. Supply and demand, only backwards.

For instance, if you are locked in a cell with 5 other people, yet there are 10 gallons of water (and everyone needed at least one gallon of water to survive), then everyone would be able to get their gallon. However, if two people owned 5 gallons each, the other three people could trade something for that water, whether it be favors, services, money or items.

However, if a gaurd came and took 8 gallons of that water, then guess what? Only two people are going to drink. It doesn't matter what services people can provide or how much money they are willing to pay, only two people are going to drink.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't think we need to blame Israel
for the poor sector of Gaza. When food and aid
does get through, it is horded and passed out
according to the will of the authority there.
And if the authority in Gaza cared for it's
people, you wouldn't see those high priced
items in that rest, it would be passed out
to the starving Gazans. But somehow
Israel gets blamed for that.

I am not pro Israel, but there are some things
that I think Gazan authorities should take
the blame for instead of throwing it all in
Israel's lap.

Both Israel and the authority in Gaza are responsible
for the plight of Gazans. it is NOT a one sided coin.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Ringing phone at the Roots Club .....
---------

Hello , Roots Club ?

Yes , how may i help you ?

I would like to make a reservation .

How many people are in your party ?

Hello ?

Hello .....?

The exception that proves the rule .

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Of course we need to blame Israel for the conditions in Gaza, to include the poverty. It doesn't matter how it's handed out because if there isn't enough, people aren't going to get it. The Gaza authorities aren't magic. They can't feed the entire strip like Jesus and fish and bread.

Of course the western propaganda blames the starvation on Hamas but that is entirely false. Nobody is hoarding those supplies, there just isn't enough. Of course Israel isn't going to admit that they are starving Gaza out, just as the Nazis did to the Jews and Catholics. So, when children are dying of hunger, they simply blame Hamas for hoarding it all.

It's real easy to look at Hamas as some terrorist organization that rules Gaza under their iron fist because that is how they are painted to Americans. Truth is, Hamas was voted in by the people (almost a sweeping majority, I believe) because the very charter of Hamas is to help the Palestinian people. That's why they were created and exist today. In fact, it's why they were democratically elected by the majority of Palestinians in the strip.

The food gets handed out evenly, I'm sure of it, or as evenly as possible. You can't give 2 loaves of bread to 20 families.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Of course the western propaganda blames the starvation on Hamas but that is entirely false. Nobody is hoarding those supplies, there just isn't enough. Of course Israel isn't going to admit that they are starving Gaza out, just as the Nazis did to the Jews and Catholics. So, when children are dying of hunger, they simply blame Hamas for hoarding it all.

spoon
how can you say that after seeing that video??
How did that food in that rest. get there ???
Hamas put it there !!!!
NOT on the tables of starving Gazans.
That video is a prime example of
mis allocation on the part of Hamas.
And you're blaming Israel for that??
You can do better than that my friend

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The really sad thing is that if Israel didn't blockaide Gaza ports, borders and airspace, they wouldn't need to rely on "aid" to survive. Furthermore, if Israel wouldn't take arable land away from the Palestinians, then they could at least grow their own food, just as they did before. If Israel allowed people to temporarily leave Gaza, they wouldn't be so bad off. If Israel stopped sinking and harassing Palestinian fishing vessels, then they could provide fish to their people.

However, Israel is making it impossible for the people of Gaza to provide their own food. Then, they force these people to completely rely on the aid coming through Israel, which Israel severely limits. So, in effect, Israel is slowly starving these people out. Gaza is like a besieged castle of a couple thousand years ago. Starve the people out, then take their castle and make it yours. The only difference, is that Israel is using modern weapons to do it.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

They show a couple plates of food on an opening night of a restaurant that caters to foreigners and you somehow think that Hamas is hoarding food? First of all, the stake and shrimp that flashes on the screen is only pictures interjected into the video to make you believe that food is there. It's playing head games with you. Those pictures of steak and shrimp were added to the video in editing, which makes it obvious that this is more Israeli propaganda. Really, the only food that you see in that restaurant is a couple of plates with unknown food stuffs. Please don't think because steak and shrimp were flashed across the screen in an after edit of the video that this is what they were serving.

Regardless, this is a restaurant for foreigners and dignitaries that most Palestinians will never see. Why? Not because of Hamas, rather because this place couldn't even begin to feed even a small portion of Gaza.

Furthermore, if the state of Connecticut, New Jersey or Mississippi were to be cut off by some outside force and a very small portion of food was allowed in, you better bet your bottom dollar that the food would be rationed according to need. This means that doctors, leadership and the military would eat first. You can't feed everyone so you might as well keep your necessities healthy.

Also, you have to keep the foreigners happy, hence the restaurant. Without foreign journalists, attention wouldn't be given to their plight. Without foreign dignitaries to forge alliances, they would be on their own.

Trust me, Hamas isn't the evil organization that CNN tells you it is. I thought that you would be able to see that or at least through their propaganda, though apparently not. You can't even see past the obvious propaganda film that so blatantly flashes pictures of steak and shrimp across the screen, as if this is in abundance at the restaurant. Whether the restaurant serves shrimp or not doesn't matter, as it is obvious that those pictures were edited in after the video was made.

Lastly but not least, I'm sure there is a black market of smuggled in food and what better destination than a restaurant where wealthy foreigners can purchase the black market items?

Come on, I thought you were better than that, to be so easily tricked by a blatant attempt at Israeli propaganda, the video with Arabic music to make it appear authentic.

--airspoon

Edited for temperature.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I want to contradict your video with my own,

I don't see 5 star hotels or red lobster restaurants anywhere in sight. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a single hotel or restaurant in Gaza.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by BiGGz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join