It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creech Air Force Base Flyby (June 14, 2010) - What's in this hangar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So, remember how I said I'd been recording for 8 minutes before I noticed Groom Lake back in June? This was part of that 8 minutes. I never posted it before because it's not exactly a super secret base, but the more I look at this, the more trouble I'm having trying to figure out what's in this hangar and I figured one of you guys could probably help me out.
Oh, also, there's a new hangar and other new structures in these photos that aren't in the current Google Earth imagery, so I figure it's worth posting for that reason anyway.

So, it should sort of be a "no duh" as to what is in this hangar given what base we're talking about, but I just can't figure out what UAV this would be. Any help?

Preview:

Click here for a 4-frame animation (big) flying around the base

...haha, looking at it this last time, it reminds me of the alien fighter from Independence Day, only white

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shmuu

Interesting.

Although without a clearer picture, there's no real way to say what it is. Could be store devices, could be two aircraft side by side.

Hell they could have been replacing a hanger door or something.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well here's the best I can do for now.
I "remastered" the hangar portion of all 4 frames from the original images:

The fourth one is probably too motion-blurred to use.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
keeper is right
it's just too blurry to tell

he!! it could be my grandma
sitting there eating Cheetos.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A white version of this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b23cea8704dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Who knows, i don't think it is possible to actually say, pictures are very low quality, could really be a normal craft and the distance makes it look weird.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Too blurry to tell, but it may be an RQ-170.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It could be a tethered radar blimp or something similar. There is probably some rational explanation for whatever it is, as I'm sure you wouldn't have photos of it otherwise.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63d7dac7066b.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add: It could also be a foyer, just another structure that houses the offices.

--airspoon

[edit on 6-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I noticed that if that object were in the hangar, it should be in shadow, and after taking another look in Google Earth, I now believe that it is just part of the exterior of that structure, which I believe airspoon suggested. So it turns out this thread was mostly pointless. I feel kind of stupid for not figuring that out when I looked the first time but, well, it's not the first time I've made a useless thread here.

At any rate, to wrap up loose ends, here are the 4 photos at full resolution (3648x2736) in case anyone wants to see what's new at Creech. They show lots of new construction since Google Earth's current imagery was taken. Keep in mind, they were shot through the window of an Airbus A320, behind the engines, from far away. The quality is better than the Groom Lake photos but still leaves much to be desired. As it turns out, each photo has a different part of the base more-or-less in focus, so between them all, you can get a decent look at almost all of it, as it appeared on 14 June 2010. Or you could just...you know...drive by it.

Note: These aren't the original images and they aren't in order. They've been level-adjusted to remove atmospheric haze and enhance contrast.
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry, where did these pictures come from? I've only just returned to ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I took them on a flight from Phoenix to Reno on June 14, 2010. Other sites photographed/videoed during the flight included Groom Lake/Area 51/Papoose Lake and Tonopah Test Range. There's a thread with most of the other stuff here.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Creech is very easy to observe from route 95. They can't do much secret work there. Route 95 is very busy. Also there are people living in both Cold Spring and Mount Charleston that can see the airspace.

That said, the base put out a request for white noise generators for use in one of the hangars. One of the buildings has a small underground room. And of course they fly middle eastern missions from Creech. So it has a spook factor, but not much of one.

Further along the flight, you would have seen the TPECR. That has a bigger spook factor. The general area was the scene of a UFO videotaped from the Cohu camera on one of the Rolands. The tape was made public by the TV show Hardcopy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmuu

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I took them on a flight from Phoenix to Reno on June 14, 2010. Other sites photographed/videoed during the flight included Groom Lake/Area 51/Papoose Lake and Tonopah Test Range. There's a thread with most of the other stuff here.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I enjoyed looking at those pictures you took, too.

top topics

join